PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard the new Sox Fight song?

Jim Nonecks
06-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I decided last November that there was a void in Sox music. There was that Journey song, which apparently meant something to the Sox players during the post season. And there's that charming, campy 59 Sox song, which is fun and retro and all, but not exactly a song to get the juices going.

The DJ at Comiskey either plays that old song when the Sox are rallying, or he plays AC/DC or some other rock song that gets people up and jumping around, but really has nothing to do with the Sox specifically. Or sometimes he plays a very lame loop of the Monkees whispering "Here we come . . . here we come . . .". Sheesh.

So I wrote a lyric, got together with my friend John, who wrote the tune, and we recorded this song in April. We attribute this recording to the virtual band we've named The No Necks.

Now we've made CDs, with the lyric on the back, and we've set up a website so you can hear a sample, read the lyric, etc.

In all modesty, I must say that this song ROCKS.

I may be biased, but I think this is the song, or at least one of the songs, that the DJ at Comiskey should play when the Sox are threatening.

At the risk of sounding like an advertisement, I hope you'll check out the song, and tell me if you agree.

IlliniSox4Life
06-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, some of us heard it:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71977&highlight=fight+song

Most people didn't seem to like it that much.

TheDarkGundam
06-02-2006, 05:49 PM
No offense to the No Necks, but that is putting it VERY nicely.

Your hearts were in the right place, but...yeah.

getonbckthr
Your missing more than you necks. Maybe common sense and talent. Not to mention your trying to sell things on here which is a WSI no-no.
:spam :threadblows:

chidonez
You can please some of the people all of the time...

It's nice to see people get behind the team.

Lip Man 1
06-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Jim:

Thanks for trying but for me I'll stick with Capt. Stubby.

Let's go,go,go,go White Sox.....Chicago's proud of you.

Lip

jongarlandlover
06-02-2006, 06:30 PM

That's an understatement...:tongue:

NoNecks - There's a whole thread about this song somewhere...

IlliniSox4Life
06-02-2006, 06:45 PM
That's an understatement...:tongue:

NoNecks - There's a whole thread about this song somewhere...
I posted a URL to the thread in my reply above ^^^

But in case it didn't work for you:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71977

Also, I was trying to be nice :P .. Its a good effort, but it just didn't click. Perhaps they'll try again and rock our socks off.

jongarlandlover
06-02-2006, 06:48 PM
I posted a URL to the thread in my reply above ^^^

But in case it didn't work for you:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71977

Also, I was trying to be nice :P .. Its a good effort, but it just didn't click. Perhaps they'll try again and rock our socks off.

ah. thanks for pointing that out, i must not have noticed the first time. :tongue:

BeviBall!
06-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I think this song falls somewhere in between a baby's scream and fingernails on a blackboard in terms of enjoyableness.

Chicago
06-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Um... when you say the "dj" at comiskey park ... are you refering to Nancy Faust??? :?:

ilsox7
06-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Um... when you say the "dj" at comiskey park ... are you talking about Nancy Faust??? :?:

He's probably referring to the DJ at Sox Park. Aka the guy who plays the music that is not the organ.

RowanDye
06-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for bringing this song up again...I really needed a laugh after tonights loss. "SOX WIN, SOX WIN, SOX ROCKS!" I wish that were a little more true right now though.

WizardsofOzzie
06-02-2006, 11:07 PM
I think 99.8% of this forum hated that song with a passion

Suburbanbuddha
06-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the deep end of the pool Mr. NoNecks.

Chips
06-02-2006, 11:51 PM
I've heard worse. U2, Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews, etc.

credeistheman
06-02-2006, 11:58 PM
it sounds like strongbad's favorite band, limoween.

Timmy D's
06-03-2006, 12:01 AM
There are good songs, and there are bad songs, but that one was awefull!!!

All kidding aside, I didnt like it at all. It reminded me of a Cheap Trick tribute band I heard about 5 years ago, in fact I think it may be it, dunno, dont remember the name of that band, but the singer sounded just like that. They were pretty good at sounding like them, but then they played their own stuff and bottles started flyin(think of Blues Bros. at the hick bar in the chicken wire cage). I'll give ya an A for effort though.

SweetnesSox
06-03-2006, 01:29 AM
it sounds like strongbad's favorite band, limoween

you mean LimoZeen. "somethin somethiiin of the tigerrrr and the wings of the baat because its mid-night!"