PDA

View Full Version : kw on the score at 4:05

chisox1976
02-04-2002, 04:48 PM
kenny williams will join jiggs and buffone at 4:05

WinningUgly!
02-04-2002, 05:30 PM
A few things KW had to say...

Lofton should have taken more time off last season, his shoulder is much stronger & he's now into Yoga.

Lineup should be Lofton, Ray, Frank, Maggs, Konerko, Jose, Lee, Clayton, Alomar

KW & Schueler had their eyes on Ritchie for over a year.

KW hates hearing people call Willie Harris utility player...he'll be a very good every day 2b or CF.

Carlos Lee is one of the better young players in baseball, If KW really wanted to trade Carlos, there would be plenty of takers.

Happy to see Alomar & Gonzalez gone. :D:

Talking about baseball economics, says take this White Sox team & give me another $50 million to add to what we've got :D:

Doesn't understand why Canseco doesn't have a job. Says he'll put in a good word for Jose & his agent anytime they need it.

Valentin's the 3rdbaseman, not sure if 200 at bats in the majors or 500 in the minors would be better for Crede.

Yada yada yada...

Nothing too informative, or exciting.

HootieMcBoob
02-04-2002, 05:37 PM
I liked the part where he said the Chicago White Sox "desperately DESPERATELY want a World Championship"

doublem23
02-04-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Well, it is Kenny Williams... The man's about as much fun to listen to as a squeaky marker.

KempersRS
02-04-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Well, it is Kenny Williams... The man's about as much fun to listen to as a squeaky marker.

Don't knock the marker, I love that sound :D:

Chisox_cali
02-04-2002, 05:59 PM

Lofton should have taken more time off last season, his shoulder is much stronger & he's now into Yoga.

KW hates hearing people call Willie Harris utility player...he'll be a very good every day 2b or CF.

Carlos Lee is one of the better young players in baseball, If KW really wanted to trade Carlos, there would be plenty of takers.

Talking about baseball economics, says take this White Sox team & give me another $50 million to add to what we've got :D:

Doesn't understand why Canseco doesn't have a job. Says he'll put in a good word for Jose & his agent anytime they need it.

Valentin's the 3rdbaseman, not sure if 200 at bats in the majors or 500 in the minors would be better for Crede.

Yada yada yada...

Thanks WU, and anyone else who post stuff Sox have to say on the Score. it's really helpful to us Sox fans that are out of town. I'm sure it's not that exciting to hear it but it's good to hear from my stand point

WinningUgly!
02-04-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Thanks WU, and anyone else who post stuff Sox have to say on the Score. it's really helpful to us Sox fans that are out of town. I'm sure it's not that exciting to hear it but it's good to hear from my stand point

No problem, thanks to chisox1976 for letting me know about it. I usually avoid "the score" these days & only turned it on because KW was coming on.

FarmerAndy
02-04-2002, 06:29 PM

ARGH! I don't like having Jose batting 6th. If Ray wants to continue swinging for the fences, I'd rather move him to the 6th spot. Manos should stay in the 2 spot.

RedPinStripes
02-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

ARGH! I don't like having Jose batting 6th. If Ray wants to continue swinging for the fences, I'd rather move him to the 6th spot. Manos should stay in the 2 spot.

I still wouldn't mind seeing 3 speedsters at the top : Lofton, Jose Ray. Thomas might bitch and moan, but I think it might be beter to have frank in the cleanup spot.

czalgosz
02-04-2002, 07:09 PM

Valentin would be great in the 6 hole. It would allow him to maximize his power and increase his RBIs. Durham's not an ideal #2 hitter, but I don't want to encourage his slugging tendencies.

FarmerAndy
02-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Valentin would be great in the 6 hole. It would allow him to maximize his power and increase his RBIs. Durham's not an ideal #2 hitter, but I don't want to encourage his slugging tendencies.

I won't argue the fact that Valentin would be great in the sixth spot, I just don't like Ray in the front of the order. I also believe that Ray is going to continue with his slugging tendencies regardless of where he is in the lineup. We need 1 and 2 hitters who can get on base. I'd rather have Valentin getting on base than Durham getting an out in the 2 spot.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-04-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

This is a tough one for me, too. Durham is more of a true switch hitter that gives him an advantage in the #2 slot, while Valentin is more of the power hitter that makes him the more logical choice for the #6 slot. Valentin's power stroke from the left side will also break up the series of right-handed bats (Thomas, Maggs, Konerko, and Lee). I think this is the primary reason Manuel has chosen Manos to drop in the line up.

OTOH, Valentin is a better situational hitter than Durham. Unlike Ray-Ray, you can count on Manos to use his head when he's at the plate. I think Valentin would be the better #2 hitter. Still, dropping Durham from the lead-off slot is a huge improvement over what we got in 2001. Let's hope Lofton bounces back and shows us some of the "game" he had when the Tribe used to beat us like a drum.

MisterB
02-04-2002, 11:39 PM
I'd rather have Valentin getting on base than Durham getting an out in the 2 spot.

OBP Comparison:
Year - Ray - Jose
'98 - .363 - .323
'99 - .373 - .347
'00 - .361 - .343
'01 - .337 - .336

Sorry, I just don't see it. :?:

Tragg
02-05-2002, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the recap, 1976

voodoochile
02-05-2002, 12:50 AM

I won't argue the fact that Valentin would be great in the sixth spot, I just don't like Ray in the front of the order. I also believe that Ray is going to continue with his slugging tendencies regardless of where he is in the lineup. We need 1 and 2 hitters who can get on base. I'd rather have Valentin getting on base than Durham getting an out in the 2 spot.

Um... Ray's career OBP is 20 points higher than Jose's. Your statement doesn't make any sense. Last year, Jose's was above his career mark by 8 points while Rays was below his by 22. Do you really think Jose will reach base more than Ray will this year?

RichH55
02-05-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Um... Ray's career OBP is 20 points higher than Jose's. Your statement doesn't make any sense. Last year, Jose's was above his career mark by 8 points while Rays was below his by 22. Do you really think Jose will reach base more than Ray will this year?

Agreed here, especially since you can expect Rays OBP to improve in a contract year....however the original post said they would ratehr have Jose getting on base from the 2 hold rather than Ray making an out:) Im in favor of a hit over an out as well, though Ray at 2 and Jose at 6 works better

RichH55
02-05-2002, 06:42 AM

Yoga? Fair enough, for a guy like Lofton I would consider that a plus ....as long as he is coming motivated to play we should be alright

With Willie's ETA at next season, does our lineup look like it will be chock full of rookies next year?

Basically this is a decesion year for C Lee and Konerko.....should be interesting

I really dont understand this either....when Ron Coomer can find a job and Matt Stairs and Michael Tucker......what is so wrong with Jose? Especially a motivated Jose

Royce takes so much away with this ballclub, now the Crede factor, going to be hard to get him at-bats and id rather him go through his rookie mistakes now than next year when we will have a host of other rookies going through a similar progression

Yada yada yada...