PDA

View Full Version : Pedro-Webb... As good as advertised

Jjav829
05-31-2006, 10:20 PM
So often these great pitching matchups on paper don't live up to expectations. This one did, however. Pedro was great. He had everything working and went 8 scoreless innings with 8 K's, no walks and 5 hits. Brandon Webb matched him almost pitch for pitch, going 7 innings with 5 K's and 1 walk. This guy is flat out nasty. He doesn't throw a pitch without good movement. Aside from having the best sinker in baseball, which is filthy, his change and curve both have great movement.

Fun stuff to watch if you like quality pitching. They're still playing and the relievers haven't disappointed either. It's 0-0 in the 13th inning and Duaner Sanchez has been dealing.

Edit: I should add that Jose Valentin had a great diving play to save a run as he adjusts to playing 2nd base. Lastings Milledge dropped a routine line drive with 2 outs. Orlando Hudson followed with a base hit to bring up the pitcher, Webb. Webb reached out and smacked one up the middle. Manos dove to his right and made a great diving play, flipping to 2nd for the force. Estrada probably would have been sent home and that could have won the game. As I type this Jose leads off the bottom of the 13th with a double.

itsnotrequired
05-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Valen-stache moves to third on a Craig Counsell groundout.

Jjav829
05-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Valen-stache moves to third on a Craig Counsell groundout.

And the Mets win on an Endy Chavez single to deep center. What a game.

itsnotrequired
05-31-2006, 10:32 PM
...and that is that. Chavez single drives in Jose. Mets win 1-0 in 13.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-31-2006, 11:21 PM
I listened to this game online while the Sox stayed on through the 8th via the radio. Needless to say I am glad something salvaged the evening.

Of course Pedro once again is denied a win :angry: but I'm still happy the Mets won it. :supernana: