PDA

View Full Version : Mágglio Ordóńez's One Night at SoxFest

Viva Magglio
02-03-2002, 10:56 PM
Mágglio Ordóńez was only at SoxFest on Friday night. I would have liked to see him participate in a seminar (something he's never done), but he made the most of his opportunity Friday night. Ordóńez was at Autograph Booth #2 from 5:15 to 7:30.

At autograph lines, the White Sox do not want fans posing for pictures with players nor having players autograph more than one item. Mágglio did both for the fans in his line, which was very large and stretched into the area to the right of the autograph area. He worked the crowd like a politician on the campaign trail.

I've been to nine of the ten SoxFest conventions, and a lot of players in autograph lines seem to go through the motions. These guys sign their autographs like lifeless machines. But Mágglio shook hands with just about every fan and flashed his smile at them.

When he was done, he got up to the loud applause of those waiting for autographs in the next players' 7:30 session. As Ordóńez walked from the dais waving back, he was followed by a group of people to the escalator. As the security guards were whisking him away, he shook more hands and greeted more fans.

I don't know why Mágglio Ordóńez was not there Saturday or Sunday, but his Friday appearance was special.

duke of dorwood
02-04-2002, 10:33 PM
I was in that 7 30 session group. I actually started the O-EEE-O
Magglio chant as he exited the stage. He waved and was smiling. Had a very good sun tan too