PDA

View Full Version : Back From Cleveland

soxwon
05-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Just got back from 4 great days in cleveland.
Meet MR ROBOTO and DIBBS. while i was there.

i took a tour of THE JAKE .
Went into the press box, sox bullpen, on the field.
While on the field walking past the Sox dugout
Paulie was sitting in the dugout, along with Garland
" i said Go get em tonight Paulie" and he shot me the thumbs up.
No it wasnt the finger!!!
While in the Cleveland Dugout OZZIE walked by and saw
me and two other fans wearing Sox Gear, he smiled and
waved to us.
The indian fans on the tour were so jealous LOL.
For 6 and a half bucks the tour is well worth it.

i meet a few sox fans from chicago, but not as many as i hoped
Where were they? Atleast not at the Thirsty Parrott, Cooperstown or the Winking Lizard!!!
The 11-0 win was awesome, and yesterday we were very disapointing.
All we needed was 1 lousy run to tie.
I have a friend there who i bet after the 11-0 that the indians wouldn't score 11 runs the remaining three games.
This is very possible with Garcia n Contreras going.
I have pics of oz n konerko , thome and others.
If i can only figure out how to post em here.
is there someone i can send them to and they could post them.
I predict tonight the sox CRUSH cleveland, i think ozzie is going to kick some ass after last nights loss.
So im back home, but i tell ya in sept i wanna see tons more sox fans in cleveland.

itsnotrequired
05-31-2006, 05:48 PM
$6.50 for a stadium tour? Damn, that is a good deal.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Hopefully someone here can help with the pictures. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

whitesoxwilkes
05-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Ken--send the pics to me (wilkes at whitesoxinteractive.com) and I'll upload them in the next day or two.

soxwon
05-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Ken--send the pics to me (wilkes at whitesoxinteractive.com) and I'll upload them in the next day or two.

will do and thanks

ilsox7
05-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Just got back from 4 great days in cleveland.
Meet MR ROBOTO and DIBBS. while i was there.

i took a tour of THE JAKE .
Went into the press box, sox bullpen, on the field.
While on the field walking past the Sox dugout
Paulie was sitting in the dugout, along with Garland
" i said Go get em tonight Paulie" and he shot me the thumbs up.
No it wasnt the finger!!!
While in the Cleveland Dugout OZZIE walked by and saw
me and two other fans wearing Sox Gear, he smiled and
waved to us.
The indian fans on the tour were so jealous LOL.
For 6 and a half bucks the tour is well worth it.

i meet a few sox fans from chicago, but not as many as i hoped
Where were they? Atleast not at the Thirsty Parrott, Cooperstown or the Winking Lizard!!!
The 11-0 win was awesome, and yesterday we were very disapointing.
All we needed was 1 lousy run to tie.
I have a friend there who i bet after the 11-0 that the indians wouldn't score 11 runs the remaining three games.
This is very possible with Garcia n Contreras going.
I have pics of oz n konerko , thome and others.
If i can only figure out how to post em here.
is there someone i can send them to and they could post them.
I predict tonight the sox CRUSH cleveland, i think ozzie is going to kick some ass after last nights loss.
So im back home, but i tell ya in sept i wanna see tons more sox fans in cleveland.

Sounds like a nice trip! I realy like Cleveland, even though it gets a bad reputation. Hell, I thought it was a ****hole until I lived there and saw differently.

MrRoboto83
05-31-2006, 07:17 PM
I just got back from Cleveland this afternoon and I must say to a note to everyone: NEVER GO TO CLEVELAND ON MEMORIAL DAY! Cleveland shuts down on this holiday, they even roll up the sidewalks. There were no resterants or bars open what so ever other than bars around Jacobs Field, those even closed around 7pm.

SOXintheBURGH
06-01-2006, 03:07 AM
I went to the game today too. Not too many Sox fans sadly. I was there an hour early and walked the concourse, saw a handful of Sox shirts and hats, greeted each and every individual with either a nod or a clang of the beers. My section was okay, sat in front of an old timer Tribe fan and his wife and BSed about all of baseball in general, 50s and 60s Indian teams.. Early Wynn and Jim Thome both starting their careers in Cleveland and having outstanding years with us. Guy next to me was a random traveler on business from Philly, we talked about the trade. Game was pretty lackluster, couldn't get a damn run across. I was pretty drained so I left when Ozzie pulled Garcia. The Jake really is an awesome park though, best park in the AL.

MUsoxfan
06-01-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm surprised they give tours on gamedays. I'm especially surprised they give tours on gamedays when there are players around. That's pretty cool of them to do

jenn2080
06-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Cleveland is def not a trip I would be doing again. Like it was said it was like someone evacuated the city and we were not informed. I could have taken a nap in the middle of the street before running into a problem with cars. The only thing that was open was Hard Rock Cafe and Coopertown. What ashame. The fans I thought were........well.........ok for the most part. I def saw my fair share of moron people. They honestly think we "stole" Thome from them. This I heard from someone when I asked them why they were so disrespectful. I guess they forgot that stop in Phillie before he came to Chicago. The people were rude and ignorant and completely unbelieveable towards Thome. IT was disgusting. However there were some good people that did still like Thome and cheered for him. After seeing the way they treated him out there I am very proud of the welcome Frank got. All if all if you waste your time going to Cleveland make it a one day thing.

ilsox7
06-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Cleveland is def not a trip I would be doing again. Like it was said it was like someone evacuated the city and we were not informed. I could have taken a nap in the middle of the street before running into a problem with cars. The only thing that was open was Hard Rock Cafe and Coopertown. What ashame. The fans I thought were........well.........ok for the most part. I def saw my fair share of moron people. They honestly think we "stole" Thome from them. This I heard from someone when I asked them why they were so disrespectful. I guess they forgot that stop in Phillie before he came to Chicago. The people were rude and ignorant and completely unbelieveable towards Thome. IT was disgusting. However there were some good people that did still like Thome and cheered for him. After seeing the way they treated him out there I am very proud of the welcome Frank got. All if all if you waste your time going to Cleveland make it a one day thing.

It doesn't sound like you made it much outside of downtown Cleveland, which was a mistake. Plenty to do there, but a good amount of it is not downtown. Though downtown is nice on a normal day, for the very reason that it is not packed.