Wassermann got the win: 2.0IP, 1 H, 2 K, 1.42
Getz 2/5, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 E, .265
Collaro 3/5, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, .211

*yawn* Charlotte wins again, 8-2:
Tracey: 7.0IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 4 K, 3.72 ERA
Fields 1/3, 1 R, 2 BB, 1 SB (10), .329
Rogo 2/4, 1 R, 1 BB, 2 RBI, .302
Lopez 1/4, 1 BB, 2 R, 1 SB (3), .273
Owens (0/5) was the only hitless Knight (.235)

maurice
06-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Harrell was brilliant: 7.0IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K, 1.80

Interview with W-S righty Lucas Harrell, excerpted from Warthogs Weekly:
Lucas Harrell is a starting pitcher for the Warthogs. He played the entire 2005 season in Kannapolis, where he led Kannapolis with 26 starts last year and finished 7-11 with a 3.65 ERA. He also led Ozark High School in Missouri to the Class 3 State Championship in 2004, going 10-1 with a 1.09 ERA. He lettered in basketball in high school.

Q: As we near the midpoint of season, give me an evaluation of yourself and an idea of how you feel the team is coming together?

A: The team is playing really well right now, actually. The defense is playing well. We are hitting and all of the starters are throwing the ball real well right now. If you want to individualize it a little bit, lately I have been throwing the ball well and they are playing good defense behind me. I’ve got a lot of ground balls.

Q: In your last two outings, you pitched extremely well and took no-hitters past the sixth inning in both starts. In either outing, did you realize you were throwing so well and did anyone say anything to you about the no-hitters?

A: In Kinston, I was aware of it the whole time….kind of. And the other night, I really wasn’t aware of it until the fifth and I looked up there. I try not to pay too much attention to it because I don’t want to think about it.

Q: During either no-hitter, did anyone say anything to you or when you noticed in the scoreboard, did it change the way you were throwing the ball?

A: I didn’t change the way I was pitching and nobody said anything. I think we scored a run in the fifth last night and I looked up at the scoreboard and took a peek to see that they didn’t have any hits, so I started thinking about it a little bit. But by the time I got back on the mound, I had already forgotten.

Q: This being your first year in the High-A level, what are some of the differences in see in the hitters you face as compared to last year in Kannapolis?

A: This year the hitters are a little more patient. Obviously, they don’t swing at the bad pitches as much. Their approach is a little different and the hitters are better the more you go up.

Q: At the moment, is there anything in particular that pitching coach J.R. Perdew has you working each day or something he wants you to focus on every day?

A: Yeah…my tempo and keeping it simple. Sometimes I over think or I will try to do to much. And when I do too much, my ball flattens out and it is usually when I get hit a little bit. So, I have just been keeping it simple and sticking to the basics.

Q: What types of things did you work on this past off-season?

A: Yeah, in the off-season last year….I actually worked on….I lost about 10-15 pounds. I came in here in a little better shape. I worked on my slider a little bit. I changed from the curveball to the slider, so I worked on that a little bit.