PDA

View Full Version : Chris Young with a no-hitter through 7 innings

Mr. White Sox
05-30-2006, 10:50 PM
I figure if the home announcer isn't shutting his mouth, why should I? Gwynn is trying SO HARD to keep quiet, and after each out the announcer says something like "five and TWO THIRDS of NO HITS!"

San Diego is at-bat now.

QCIASOXFAN
05-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Just heard it on Sportscenter, the jinx is on!

Jerko
05-30-2006, 10:54 PM
I just turned the game on. The guy throwing the no-no just made the last out. See if it effects him.

GoSox2K3
05-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Dang, I just knew the Sox would be sorry that they trading him for Vazquez!

Jerko
Guess it did.

Mr. White Sox
haha, and the SportsCenter jinx continues!

HotelWhiteSox
05-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Too funny, put it on ESPNEWS and up pops up "Breaking News: Padres Young no hitter through 7", and less than a SECOND later, "Breaking News: Padres Young no hitter over"

Mr. White Sox
05-30-2006, 11:06 PM
I just saw a replay of the hit (I was looking away from the comp at the time) and it was a soft liner that basically hit the chalk in right field. Young has been brilliant this game; he tied a career-high of eight K's and has just two BBs.

Gavin
05-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Meanwhile, Geoff Blum is... hitting .328???
:blum:

SouthSide_HitMen
05-30-2006, 11:24 PM
I figure if the home announcer isn't shutting his mouth, why should I? Gwynn is trying SO HARD to keep quiet, and after each out the announcer says something like "five and TWO THIRDS of NO HITS!"

San Diego is at-bat now.

The Padres radio announcer (Jerry Coleman) is a nut (if you listen to the audio broadcast online).

I drafted Young for my mid season team but the league doesn't start until June 19. :(:

Hopefully he will continue his great pitching. :smile:

Farmer and Singleton went out of there way not to mention the word that must not be said (the same happens in hockey with the S word (shutout)).

Banix12
05-30-2006, 11:27 PM
I still don't understand why the Rangers traded this guy for Eaton. He is two years younger than Eaton, healthier than Eaton, cheaper than Eaton and last year he actually put up numbers just as good as Eaton's while playing home games in a much tougher park for pitchers.

yeah there were other guys in the trade and Otsuka has been good for Texas but the pitchers were really the crux of that deal and Eaton has yet to throw a pitch this year.

beckett21
05-30-2006, 11:33 PM
I still don't understand why the Rangers traded this guy for Eaton. He is two years younger than Eaton, healthier than Eaton, cheaper than Eaton and last year he actually put up numbers just as good as Eaton's while playing home games in a much tougher park for pitchers.

yeah there were other guys in the trade and Otsuka has been good for Texas but the pitchers were really the crux of that deal and Eaton has yet to throw a pitch this year.

Made no sense to me either.

Maybe Texas realized they finally had a good pitcher on their hands and panicked? :dunno: