PDA

View Full Version : No White Sox on Prospect Hot Sheet

caulfield12
05-30-2006, 04:27 PM
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/hotsheet/261475.html

Unfortunately, 3 Indians in the Top 10 and two more in honorable mention. Whoa. Not to mention the fact that they also have Marte at AAA, so I guess they´re set at 3B for the future.

Of course, we all know what this REALLY means...but it looks good. Still glad the Indians have Jason Johnson and Byrd instead of Millwood and Elarton...an unmotivated Sabathia (watch, he´ll get 13 K´s tonight) and a struggling Cliff Lee.

Has anyone heard much about Maroth´s injury? Are the Tigers going to go with Spurling as a starter or use one of their middle relievers as a starter, like Will Ledezma?

California Sox
05-30-2006, 04:58 PM
An unmotivated Sabathia? He's been pitching great lately. I'm glad they didn't bring Sowers up to face us. He's been lights out and we struggle with lefties.

TDog
05-30-2006, 05:03 PM
With Anderson, Reed and Borchard doing so well in the majors, I always get excited about what Baseball America says about prospects.

caulfield12
05-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Looks like Ramon Colon, ex-Brave, for the Tigers at least for two starts.

The funny thing is, we historically matched up well with the fireballers and top prospect types....it´s the others who gave us fits, the Josh Stewarts and Mike Porzios of the baseball world.

Sabathia has something of a Bartolo Colon rep, in that he doesn´t keep himself in great shape and also seems to pitch with a lot more motivation when his team gives him a big lead....this game is huge for CLE, and then there´s the whole Sauerbeck side story now, plus ESPN. Should make for great theatre.

Britt Burns
05-30-2006, 05:37 PM
BA's Hotsheet is only a list of those prospects who have been hot for the previous week-not for the season. If there was one for the year so far Fields would be on it for sure and probably one of Lumsden or Broadway.

caulfield12
05-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Broadway´s stats are okay, solid. I don´t think you could say he was having a better season than Lumsden. He´s never going to be a dominating, 10-15K type of pitcher by any stretch of the imagination. Like Buehrle, he will quietly pile up wins, innings, low walk totals and an occasional beating when his control is off and he gets behind in the count.

I would be happy with another version of Jon Garland, but with better results than JG averaged his first 4.5 seasons in the big leagues. OTOH, Garland is 3rd in MLB among pitchers under 27 or 28 with career wins....trailing only Buehrle, CC Sabathia. Not sure how old Oswalt is or where he is on that list