PDA

View Full Version : Sportsline Power Rankings

dougs78
02-03-2002, 07:03 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/u/ce/feature/0,1518,4932268_52,00.html

Heres Sportsline first power rankings of the season. Very heavily weighted towards the NL, which I don't really agree with. The blurbs for each team make absolutely no sense....they seem to have all been written by different people. How else could you explain the thoughts expressed in the White Sox part vs those expressed about the Twins in their own?? They have us as the 4th best AL team, so I'll take that for now.

Chisox_cali
02-03-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
http://www.sportsline.com/u/ce/feature/0,1518,4932268_52,00.html

Heres Sportsline first power rankings of the season. Very heavily weighted towards the NL, which I don't really agree with. The blurbs for each team make absolutely no sense....they seem to have all been written by different people. How else could you explain the thoughts expressed in the White Sox part vs those expressed about the Twins in their own?? They have us as the 4th best AL team, so I'll take that for now.

That list is so hypocritical here's what the Sox blurb says:
11.The good news is that Frank Thomas is back. The bad news is that the Twins are, too. (14)

Yet the Twins are ranked 18th? What the Hell?!?! :?:

czalgosz
02-03-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

That list is so hypocritical here's what the Sox blurb says:
11.The good news is that Frank Thomas is back. The bad news is that the Twins are, too. (14)

Yet the Twins are ranked 18th? What the Hell?!?! :?:

Well, I think they meant that the Twins will exist next season, despite the contraction rumours.

The Mets are extraordinarily overrated at this point. They have a very good lineup, but no pitching. All the hyperactivity by the Mets, and the Braves trumped them simply by trading for Sheffield.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
02-03-2002, 10:26 PM
I like the fact that we're a little ways down the depth chart. Like that nobody is gonna see us coming.

doublem23
02-03-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
I like the fact that we're a little ways down the depth chart. Like that nobody is gonna see us coming.

Yeah, but we're the top-rated team in the AL Central... so I guess that's marginal respect...

RichH55
02-04-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Well, I think they meant that the Twins will exist next season, despite the contraction rumours.

The Mets are extraordinarily overrated at this point. They have a very good lineup, but no pitching. All the hyperactivity by the Mets, and the Braves trumped them simply by trading for Sheffield.

Im not exactly sold on that lineup yet either....>OF has some questions as does Moe....Rey is an out, though they are better than last year hitting wise...Juan G would have looked good in that OF, but Burnitz is a solid fall back....we will se