PDA

View Full Version : Poor Poor Cubs fans

WizardsofOzzie
05-29-2006, 02:58 PM
They borrowed our pick to click idea except its the "Pick to screwup" Sad really

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=104&threadID=3750418&lastPostID=23960248

VivaOzzie
05-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Awwww how cute! :rolleyes:

I'm seriously starting to feel bad for the Cubs and their fans. :(:

TornLabrum
05-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Awwww how cute! :rolleyes:

That feeling lasts in me about as long as it takes me to remember the "This year is OUR turn," and "Quit living in the past" (2005) from all those morons. Then I just laugh at them.

Hitmen77
05-29-2006, 04:27 PM
That feeling lasts in me about as long as it takes me to remember the "This year is OUR turn," and "Quit living in the past" (2005) from all those morons. Then I just laugh at them.

...or better yet, how about the "Sox are irrelevant" comments from as recently as '04.

Or how about complaining about any Sox fan who didn't root for the Cubs in the '03 playoffs. Yet, Cub fans had no problem not rooting for the Sox in '05. "I don't hate the team, it's those awful Sox fans....":rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2006, 04:39 PM
"Quit living in the past" (2005)

I get that too; but, we're the defending champs (something every Cub fan doesn't know the feeling of), so we're living in the present.

I don't feel sorry for those people; however, I feel sorry for the true-blue Cub fans who have lived and died with their team. There are some of them (I even know some).

SoxEd
05-29-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't feel sorry for those people; however, I feel sorry for the true-blue Cub fans who have lived and died with their team. There are some of them (I even know some).

I think that has to be the worst part of being an actual Cub baseball fan - the tourists & sheep who pack out the Shrine day-in, day-out, regardless of the quality of the on-field product, and thus doom the franchise to futility year-in, year-out.

If you are a true-blue Cubs baseball fan, the numpties not only doom 'your' team to suckdom, but they also make you look like a doofus, by association.

It's gotta hurt...

cbotnyse
05-29-2006, 04:59 PM
I think that has to be the worst part of being an actual Cub baseball fan - the tourists & sheep who pack out the Shrine day-in, day-out, regardless of the quality of the on-field product, and thus doom the franchise to futility year-in, year-out.

If you are a true-blue Cubs baseball fan, the numpties not only doom 'your' team to suckdom, but they also make you look like a doofus, by association.

It's gotta hurt...

agreed....the percentage of true baseball fans have got to be hurting at the product their team is putting on the field.....with a "pick to screw up' is a good sign they are approaching on rock bottom.

ChiSoxLifer
05-29-2006, 05:03 PM
agreed....the percentage of true baseball fans have got to be hurting at the product their team is putting on the field.....with a "pick to screw up' is a good sign they are approaching on rock bottom.

Ah yes, a new motto:

Chicago Cubs: Building character since 1908.

Soxfanspcu11
05-29-2006, 05:14 PM
I have only encountered a few people who have said moronic things such as "Quit living in the past" when talking about the 2005 Champs.

My response to these individuals is simple;

WHEN YOU WIN A WORLD SERIES, YOU CAN TREAT IT HOW YOU LIKE.

MarySwiss
05-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Like many, we had company today. After the Sox game ended, we tuned in to see what was happening with the Cubs--just in time to hear the play-by-play announcer say that it was time for (some Cubs player, not sure which) to "snap." I'm sure he was going to add something like "his winless streak," but for some reason he didn't...and we all cracked up.

Watching the Cubs kind of reminds me of a scene in the movie version of The Producers. The first act of Springtime for Hitler has just ended, and people are stalking out of the theater in outrage. Then all of a sudden, here comes LSD. And people in the audience are saying things like, "Harry, this is funny."

"These Cubs are so bad, they're funny!" :D:

kittle42
05-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Running past Wrigley today, I saw a guy selling "Dump Dusty" t-shirts. I wonder how many people who purchase these are putting them next to their "Dustiny" and "In Dusty We Trusty" shirts from '03.

****ing sheep.

miker
05-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Please don't! There are many worthy individuals that need your compassion more than those that claim allegiance to the Chicago National League Ball Club.

I want Mags back
05-30-2006, 05:01 PM
can they relly get any lower?

QCIASOXFAN
05-30-2006, 05:02 PM
I would pick Dusty every night.