PDA

View Full Version : My trip to the West Coast

wdelaney72
05-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Attended Dodger stadium on 5/23 to witness the Dodgers beat the Rockies.
Attended Angels stadium on 5/26 to witness the Angels beat the Orioles.
Also spend 2 days at Disneyland and 2 more lounging around the Southern Los Angeles suburb of Torrance and Redondo Beach.

1) Dodger Stadium is all 60's. A really great ballpark. Immaculate and full of character. Yes, Dodger fans do show up in the 3rd and start leaving in the 7th, but I found the crowd that was there VERY loud and really into the game. Lots of loud chants and of course as I was leaving, I got a few "White Sox Sucks" comments. Oh yeah, draft beer is $8 each... no joke.

2) Angels Stadium was just as immaculate, but didn't quite have a whole lot of personality that Dodger Stadium has. More people in attendance and LOTS of jerseys and people wearing red, but I felt they were quite a bit quieter than the Dodger fans. One guy chirped at me and my road grey Sox jersey in the bathroom, but he got a good laugh when I told him I thought of putting a #12 and the name "Pierzynski" on the back just for my visit to Angels Stadium. He then told me the Sox were absolutely awesome last year, deserved to win it all, and looked realy good to do it again this year. I'd also note that the staff at Angels stadium was probably the nicest and most accomodating I've ever seen.

What surprised me was the in 2 days at Disneyland, I saw 3 others in White Sox shirts or hats and only 2 in Cubs. Two years ago, I'm sure that would have been a 0 for Sox attire.

As much as I enjoyed my visit to both stadiums, neither are up to par with USCF.

nasox
05-30-2006, 05:07 AM
As much as I enjoyed my visit to both stadiums, neither are up to par with USCF.

Take the Sox out of the cell, put in some team like the Pirates and I'm sure you'd disagree. We only like the cell because of the Sox and the home team atmosphere. Dodger is a better place by far, but the Sox don't play there so we don't like it as much. Just my $.02

goofymsfan
05-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Take the Sox out of the cell, put in some team like the Pirates and I'm sure you'd disagree. We only like the cell because of the Sox and the home team atmosphere. Dodger is a better place by far, but the Sox don't play there so we don't like it as much. Just my $.02

While I have not been to the Cell, I have been to Dodger Stadium and to Angel's stadium. I wasn't too fond of Dodger stadium. Angel Stadium was a beautiful stadium, but the atmosphere left much to be desired. Of course, I'm biased towards Safeco Field.

wdelaney72
05-30-2006, 02:45 PM

Dodger stadium has a REALLY cool retro-60's vibe to it, but it isn't NEARLY as comfortable as USCF, the Jake, or Miller Park. I put charm beneath comfort on my list of desirable ballpark attributes, so, no, if another team played at USCF, I'd still put higher on the list than Dodger stadium... seriously.

LongLiveFisk
05-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Lots of loud chants and of course as I was leaving, I got a few "White Sox Sucks" comments.

I'm surprised, given that we really don't have a rivalry with them. Unless the yell "_______" sucks no matter what jersey they see.

MarySwiss
05-30-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm surprised, given that we really don't have a rivalry with them. Unless the yell "_______" sucks no matter what jersey they see.

Probably because they hate AJ. :smile: