PDA

View Full Version : Are Espn & The Cubune One And The Same??

CHEESESOXER
05-28-2006, 05:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/schedules?date=20060604

As usual, they have their faces in the eastern crotch while there's a great series between "other" teams in a close race.

MarySwiss
05-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Big difference. ESPN is obsessed with the East Coast teams, while the Cubune is obsessed with...well, you know....

The thing they have in common is that both are pathetic.

Lip Man 1
05-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Cheesesoxer:

So if it bothers you why are you watching, reading, listening and so forth.

:?:

Doesn't make much sense to me. But then what the hell do I know.

Lip

Trav
05-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Lip, What are we supposed to read/watch/listen?

Lip Man 1
05-28-2006, 11:35 PM
If you have a satellite you can try Comcast Sports Chicago for one thing. I live in Idaho and I get it on channel 429 (The Dish Network).

I get all the Sox news I need with the pre and post game shows (not blacked out) and on Sports Nite.

I also get WGN-TV on channel 239.

Screw the Eastern Sports Programming Network.

As far as radio try The Sporting News radio network (you can get them on your computer) or Fox Sports Radio. (ditto)

Looking for something to read? Nothing beats The Sporting News.

There are numerous options outside of ESPN.

Lip

Hangar18
05-29-2006, 04:08 PM
If you have a satellite you can try Comcast Sports Chicago for one thing. I live in Idaho and I get it on channel 429 (The Dish Network).

I get all the Sox news I need with the pre and post game shows (not blacked out) and on Sports Nite.

As far as radio try The Sporting News radio network (you can get them on your computer) or Fox Sports Radio. (ditto)

Lip

My only problem with WGN, is when they show the SOX, they give them the bare minimum tv coverage. What am I talking about?
Cub games on the road: WGN/Comcast makes sure between every inning, 18 times a game, they will gratuitiously "show" every single stupid cub fan in the stands on the road. At home? They will show every single fan in the bleachers, walking on the streets, the rooftops, the Trixies by the dugout talking on their cellphones.
Sox games on the road: they NEVER show any of the SOX fans in the visiting parks, despite the fact that, say the SOX hit a Homer or score a run, and you can hear the ROAR of the crowd and wonder, dang, there must be a lot of SOX fans in that park. NO. They wont show SOX fans, because it ruins the myth that only Cub fans travel to see their team.

Chips
05-29-2006, 04:10 PM
My only problem with WGN, is when they show the SOX, they give them the bare minimum tv coverage. What am I talking about?
Cub games on the road: WGN/Comcast makes sure between every inning, 18 times a game, they will gratuitiously "show" every single stupid cub fan in the stands on the road. At home? They will show every single fan in the bleachers, walking on the streets, the rooftops, the Trixies by the dugout talking on their cellphones.
Sox games on the road: they NEVER show any of the SOX fans in the visiting parks, despite the fact that, say the SOX hit a Homer or score a run, and you can hear the ROAR of the crowd and wonder, dang, there must be a lot of SOX fans in that park. NO. They wont show SOX fans, because it ruins the myth that only Cub fans travel to see their team.

They showed Sox fans at the game today.:rolleyes:

Hangar18
05-29-2006, 04:11 PM
They showed Sox fans at the game today.:rolleyes:

YES. they did. in the 3rd, 4th, 8th and 9th innings.

Lip Man 1
05-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Hangar:

The last thing, the very last thing that I am interested in when watching a Sox game are shots of the crowd, goofy hats, the stands and so forth.

:rolleyes:

Lip

JB98
05-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Hangar:

The last thing, the very last thing that I am interested in when watching a Sox game are shots of the crowd, goofy hats, the stands and so forth.

Lip

I agree. When the Sox play at Wrigley, they'll be constantly showing shots of the crowd. And I'll be yelling at my TV, "Show the ****ing game!!!!" Who cares about the crowd? All they're doing is sitting there and drinking beer.

Hangar18
05-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Hangar:

Lip

Im talking about on the road.
For a SOX road game, and we hit a homerun or something good happens, you can hear the ROAR of the fans there.
You say to yourself, DANG, there must be a lot of SOX fans there. You never know however, unless the camera follows a foulball, when the camera inadvertently shows SOX fans in the road stadium.
OK Fine. dont show the fans that are on the road.

But is it necessary then, when flipping thru the channels, finding the other teams road game on, and at LEAST, once an inning, 18 TIMES and higher, the camera goes out of its way to SHOW Sheep who are in the stadium for a road game ...........
Then to follow it up Gratuituously with "Arent these great fans?" or "We have some of the best fans in baseball" "Look at these fans, a whole lot of them" leading the viewer to believe, wow, I should be following them too on the road,
and wow, they are the only fanbase whose fans follow them on the road too

DumpJerry
05-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Im talking about on the road.
For a SOX road game, and we hit a homerun or something good happens, you can hear the ROAR of the fans there.
You say to yourself, DANG, there must be a lot of SOX fans there. You never know however, unless the camera follows a foulball, when the camera inadvertently shows SOX fans in the road stadium.
OK Fine. dont show the fans that are on the road.

But is it necessary then, when flipping thru the channels, finding the other teams road game on, and at LEAST, once an inning, 18 TIMES and higher, the camera goes out of its way to SHOW Sheep who are in the stadium for a road game ...........
Then to follow it up Gratuituously with "Arent these great fans?" or "We have some of the best fans in baseball" "Look at these fans, a whole lot of them" leading the viewer to believe, wow, I should be following them too on the road,
and wow, they are the only fanbase whose fans follow them on the road too
Henry..............are you watching Cub games????:tsk:

miker
05-30-2006, 11:37 AM
I agree. When the Sox play at Wrigley, they'll be constantly showing shots of the crowd. And I'll be yelling at my TV, "Show the ****ing game!!!!" Who cares about the crowd? All they're doing is sitting there and drinking beer.If you were selling...I'm sorry, broadcasting a Cubs game at Wrigley, would you really want the attention to be on the product on the field?

Hangar18
05-30-2006, 12:00 PM
If you were selling...I'm sorry, broadcasting a Cubs game at Wrigley, would you really want the attention to be on the product on the field?

the camera just couldnt stop showing Aniston sitting in her seat, blank and expressionless, sipping a soda, or Vaughn in his seat, chatting with his entourage in skybox. I loved how they kept showing them (about 12 times during game) and missed stuff going on, on the field.
HAHAHAHA

Hangar18
05-30-2006, 12:04 PM
president of my company is a cub fan. hes from nebraska. he meets me,
assumes im a huge cub fan. I say no, im SOX fan actually. I ask how in world did he become cub fan. says he doesnt know, but that they were always on tv. I said just from that? he said yes, and that it always "looks fun", with babes in the stands, everyone drinking, always sees people milling around outside the park, on the rooftops, the streets, the sidewalks.
Said he just became one cuz of that.

Proves my point

Lip Man 1
05-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Hangar:

The last thing, the very last thing that I am interested in when watching a Sox game ON THE ROAD are shots of the crowd, goofy hats, the stands and so forth.

Lip

jdm2662
05-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Hangar:

The last thing, the very last thing that I am interested in when watching a Sox game ON THE ROAD are shots of the crowd, goofy hats, the stands and so forth.

Lip

I have to agree with this sentiment. All crowds shots do is annoy the hell out of me while it misses part of the game.

PaulDrake
05-30-2006, 01:55 PM
A crowd shot every now and then is part of a good broadcast. It's just that sometimes it's overdone. I'm always amazed about how the Pittsburgh Steelers never seem to have a real "road" game. For years the poobahs on ESPN and the like have made a big deal about the cubs and their "national" following. Therefore, I'd like an occasional crowd shot that shows that our Sox have fans at away games too. Really, it's all part of a slow laborious processs. Flubsessed cubbie love is both a local and national thing. It's time for a little balance, and if that includes letting the viewers see some vocal Sox fans at away games then so be it.

Hangar18
05-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Flubsessed cubbie love is both a local and national thing. It's time for a little balance, and if that includes letting the viewers see some vocal Sox fans at away games then so be it.

Thats why I believe TV goes out of its way to NOT SHOW ANY SOX fans at road games. Doing so equally (to that of the other team) hurts that MYTH being put out there daily, that they have a "national" following, and that only their fans go on road trips. Its NONSENSE. Was anyone in KC back in July of 03? That place was JAm Packed with SOX Fans.
Dodger Stadium in 03? Same thing. SOX Fans were there in big numbers.
according to my sister, who watchd on tv, NO fan shots of the sox, but you could hear thousands were there ............just no shots.

Same with the World Series. Every SOX hit during game 4?

kravdog
05-30-2006, 05:44 PM

Lip

CSN Sportsrise this morning was as bad as ESPN.... I was unable to see the game yesterday and I just wanted to catch some highlights.

Instead, I had to watch the Cubs recap, then Mark Priors rehab start recap, then finally the Sox highlights...the kenny williams interview was nice, but come on...

GOGOGOPODS
05-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Cubune is all about the Cubs... ESPN is all about yanks n the bosox.

miker
05-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Okay, I just finished reading the Cubsession thread.

Is this the ESPNsession thread?