PDA

View Full Version : I Have To admit

SouthSide_Hitman
02-03-2002, 03:10 PM
I wasn't getting to awfully excited about the upcoming season until recently....it all started with the trading of Chris Singleton then (finally) the signing of Kenny Lofton (welcome home Kenny).Now I have to say.....I am starting to bubble over with excitement and now I can not wait till the season starts.
I do honestly do believe now that with the addition of Todd Ritchie and Kenny Lofton..we have made a couple of good/great pickups.
First.......(and I know alot of you will strongly disagree with me on this but) with Big Frank back in the lineup this will deffinatly help to produce more runs and getting the injured pitchers back,plus the maturation of a couple of young guns we have,and now the addition of Ritchie......who will deffinatly get much more run support than he did in Pittsburgh last year....I see at least 15 wins from Todd.And finally the addition of Kenny Lofton does more than alot of people are understanding....first Kenny gives the Sox a TRUE lead-off man and a Gold Glove CF,2nd it gives the Sox the ability to finally move Ray Durham out of the lead-off sopt so that Rau can use his power more to the clubs advantage,and 3rd the Sox can now move Jose Valentine to probably the 7th spot in the lineup so that the team can have his bat and base-running ability in the bottom of the order 9this should make the bottom of the order much more productive over last year).
i just think that this could shape up to be quite the "magical" season on the South Side of Chi town.
1-Kenny Lofton
2-Ray Durham
3-Frank Thomas
4-Magglio Ordenez
5-Paul Konerko
6-Carlos Lee/Arron Rowland
7-Jose Valentine
8-Sandy Alomar,Jr./or whoever is catching that day
9-Royce Clayton
Now this could change if royce is traded and Jose is moved back to where he belongs and Joe Crede is finally given the 3rd base job.
Like I said I am just starting to get excited,but I do think I am justified in this.

doublem23
02-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Oh yeah, I don't think I've ever been this eager for a season to start...

Also, Welcome to WSI!!! :gulp:

pearso66
02-03-2002, 04:15 PM
i so cant wait for the season to start. i am very excited about tthe moves, granted we lost lowe, but we do have a deep pen. and lofton is an upgrade in the lineup, even if he is below average, because he is a good lead off hitter, and can steal bases, which is something the sox havent been able to do as of late. but nothing will excite me more, if we move clayton, that move had me bummed as soon as we traded for him

SOXSINCE'70
02-03-2002, 04:25 PM
I am anxious to start the season as well,but PLEASE don't call the city of Chicago "Chi-Town".That sounds too much like Chimp Caray.

:chimp

"I'm not as much of a homer as Harrelson".

Soxheads
02-03-2002, 04:33 PM
Once Buddy is gone, my season will be all set.

SOXSINCE'70
02-03-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

"Family Guy" is one of my guilty pleasure shows.Love Brian and Stewie.Is it me or will Stewie grow up and take out a post office somewhere?? Psychotic??You decide!!

Chisox_cali
02-03-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70

"Family Guy" is one of my guilty pleasure shows.Love Brian and Stewie.Is it me or will Stewie grow up and take out a post office somewhere?? Psychotic??You decide!!

Too bad it's getting cancelled

Anyways I am VERY excited about the season I'm counting the days till the pitchers and catchers report to AZ. 13 DAYS!

CubKilla
02-03-2002, 08:45 PM
I don't think anyone on these boards ever doubted Frank's threat potential and offensive production numbers over the years SouthsideHitman. Some have taken task with his attitude and the fact that some of the Sox youngster's don't give him the kind of respect that he should deserve..... mostly because of his own doing. But no one on this board who is a Sox fan wants the 2002 Sox, as they are shaping up right now, without Frank Thomas.

RichH55
02-04-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Preaching to the Chior