PDA

View Full Version : The real reason why we lost two to the Jays

DumpJerry
05-28-2006, 01:08 PM
That wasn't Ozzie managing. He was taking part in the Chevy Manager Exchange Program. We had some guy from Chevy calling the shots.

In related news, Chevy has reported a 5,000% increase in sales the last two days.

jabrch
05-28-2006, 01:30 PM
That wasn't Ozzie managing. He was taking part in the Chevy Manager Exchange Program. We had some guy from Chevy calling the shots.

In related news, Chevy has reported a 5,000% increase in sales the last two days.

Part of it had to do with that douchebag at 3B filling in for Joey. :-)

jongarlandlover
05-28-2006, 01:49 PM

Haha, niiice. :tongue:

That commercial with Ozzie in it is hilarious. I was cracking up the first time I saw it.

itsnotrequired
05-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Haha, niiice. :tongue:

That commercial with Ozzie in it is hilarious. I was cracking up the first time I saw it.

There are two of them. I like the one where he asks Southpaw his opinion and Southpaw gives the solid nod.

:D:

jongarlandlover
05-28-2006, 03:04 PM
There are two of them. I like the one where he asks Southpaw his opinion and Southpaw gives the solid nod.

Haha. I think I just saw the other one. Is it the one where the one employee slides on the ground and hands that brochure to the customer? It was funny. :D:

DumpJerry
05-28-2006, 04:16 PM
There's a third one (I think it was the first one) where a salesperson is sending Ozzie baseball signals regarding the inventory of a car the customer wants and Ozzie signals back there are some in stock.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-28-2006, 04:37 PM
I thought the reason we lost is because BabyFisk went to the games.

I want Mags back
05-28-2006, 07:43 PM
I blame the dome. We suck indoors (and even w/ the roof open, its still a dome

vegyrex
05-28-2006, 08:06 PM
One of those commercials is in Spanish. I saw it on Univision. At the end of the commercial a salesman walks past Ozzie and Ozzie gives a pat on the butt. :D:

jongarlandlover
05-28-2006, 08:16 PM
There's a third one (I think it was the first one) where a salesperson is sending Ozzie baseball signals regarding the inventory of a car the customer wants and Ozzie signals back there are some in stock.

I've seen that one and one with the guy sliding. Is there another one?!

C-Dawg
05-28-2006, 09:06 PM

Hmmmm, dunno about the 5000%, but I bought a nice new 2006 Chevy yesterday. I guess I'm either a part of the problem or a part of the solution.

MarySwiss
05-28-2006, 09:07 PM
:(: Even though I had the Chicago feed, they didn't show commercials, so I missed the Ozzie ones. They sound cool.

Two questions:
1. What was up with the two women behind home plate in the black evening dresses? I assume they were waitpersons, but black evening dresses? At first I thought they were two women who hadn't made it home from their Saturday night dates!
2. What is the story behind those patches on the Jays unis? TC something. I'm probably missing something obvious, but what else is new?

chisoxfanatic
05-28-2006, 09:11 PM
2. What is the story behind those patches on the Jays unis? TC something. I'm probably missing something obvious, but what else is new?

TC stands for Tom Cheek, the Blue Jays' legendary announcer for nearly 28 years.

MarySwiss
05-28-2006, 09:25 PM
TC stands for Tom Cheek, the Blue Jays' legendary announcer for nearly 28 years.

Ahhh, thanks! I figured it was something like that. I never pay much attention to the Jays'--or anyone else's--announcers--unless they are annoying. Actually, come to think of it, that's really too bad; the real pests get the most attention.

SOXSINCE'70
05-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Part of it had to do with that douchebag at 3B filling in for Joey. :-)

:tealpolice:

"1 Adam-12,1 Adam-12,see the Mods.A possible violation.":D: :D:

Jjav829
05-28-2006, 10:56 PM
The real reason we lost is because West is a curse. For years we struggled on the West Coast. Then West moved to Canada. Now we're gonna struggle in Canada and dominate on the West Coast.

West, might I suggest a move to Mexico. :tongue: :redneck

SBSoxFan
05-29-2006, 06:41 AM

I've only seen the one with the signals to the sales rep regarding inventory. :D:

But I swear if you look real close, towards the beginning of the commercial, Southpaw's back is seen in one of the shots. Since apparently there's another commercial with Southpaw in it, I wonder if they meant to do that or he accidently got in the frame for another commercial.

"Chevy. Looks good, and get's the job done. Sound like someone jou know?" :roflmao:

TornLabrum
05-29-2006, 06:50 AM
The real reason we lost is because West is a curse. For years we struggled on the West Coast. Then West moved to Canada. Now we're gonna struggle in Canada and dominate on the West Coast.

West, might I suggest a move to Mexico. :tongue: :redneck

Better still Antarctica! :redneck

digdagdug23
05-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Did anyone see the TWIB with the out takes form the commercial? It is hil-freakin-larious! They show ozzie going through callestenics, southpaw reading a magazine, 'cept it's upside down, ozzie laughing his a** off, looked like it was an all day shoot, and then some.

We lost because we didn't win.....not to be a smart a**, but I really loathe the excuses, "they played better, we didn't want it as much, sun was in our eyes (oh wait, that's the cubs, but I believe Pods did that yesterday, as well, but we won) etc. I have yet to see our boys go out and play all cylinders firing, they look lackluster at times, maybe a bit complacent, and apathetic at best. There is not one team in MLB that we don't match up well against, and I am waiting for the team from last year to show up. I think Ozzie is, too. Don't get me wrong, they are fun to watch, at times, and others, just as much fun as having dental work done.

NonetheLoaiza
05-29-2006, 09:33 AM
The real reason we lost two of three to the Blue Jays...?

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGPORTRAITS/music/portrait200/drp100/p165/p16556j26g5.jpg

jongarlandlover
05-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Two questions:
1. What was up with the two women behind home plate in the black evening dresses? I assume they were waitpersons, but black evening dresses? At first I thought they were two women who hadn't made it home from their Saturday night dates!

I have no idea. I didn't even notice that...that's weird, though.

Baby Fisk
05-29-2006, 12:29 PM
One thing I liked about this weekend was that the Sox are no longer brushed off by the fans up here. My Sox gear attracted genuine negativity from some of the Jays fans. I even got garbage thrown at me by one idiot. I've always wondered what it would be like to be a fan of a team that is hated (or at least strongly disliked or envied). It felt great! :cool:

Did any other WSIers get to the dome this weekend?

LuzinskiFan
05-29-2006, 07:13 PM
I was there Saturday and Sunday. Nobody gave me a hard time as Toronto fans are usually wusses and mild mannered. However, sitting in the row behind me right above the Sox dugout was Pedro Ozuna - Pablo's brother. I was talking with him a bit and he seemed like a nice guy. I told him his brother could probably start for most teams, but that we like him where he is on the Sox.

DumpJerry
05-29-2006, 09:01 PM
One thing I liked about this weekend was that the Sox are no longer brushed off by the fans up here. My Sox gear attracted genuine negativity from some of the Jays fans. I even got garbage thrown at me by one idiot. I've always wondered what it would be like to be a fan of a team that is hated (or at least strongly disliked or envied). It felt great! :cool:

I was there Saturday and Sunday. Nobody gave me a hard time as Toronto fans are usually wusses and mild mannered. However, sitting in the row behind me right above the Sox dugout was Pedro Ozuna - Pablo's brother. I was talking with him a bit and he seemed like a nice guy. I told him his brother could probably start for most teams, but that we like him where he is on the Sox.
Blah blah....how many Chevys did you guys buy this weekend from Ozzie?:tongue:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-30-2006, 12:03 AM

I thought Canadians were polite!

BNLSox
05-30-2006, 11:46 AM
I blame the dome. We suck indoors (and even w/ the roof open, its still a dome

Yeah minute maid park really held us back....

Doobie148
05-30-2006, 12:23 PM
We were there Friday and Saturday. I think we're just cursed - we haven't seen them win on the road yet, except for one game in Baltimore a few years ago when they came back to win in extra innings after we left the game. We didn't have any trouble with the Jays fans. Most of them were really nice, especially the ones we talked to at the bar after the game.

skottyj242
05-30-2006, 12:30 PM
The real reason we lost two of three to the Blue Jays...?

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGPORTRAITS/music/portrait200/drp100/p165/p16556j26g5.jpg

That was actually the first thing I thought of when I read the title to this thread.

Hangar18
05-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Those chevy commercials are very good with Ozzie in them. Im very very very surprised it took them this long to get him to be a spokesperson (over Dusty and Buffoon Santo)

the Pepsi commercial with Sammy in it, in which he eats a taco loaded with peppers courtesy of a SOX fan, is also pretty funny and well directed.

Scottiehaswheels
05-30-2006, 01:31 PM

Did any other WSIers get to the dome this weekend?I was there Sat/Sun and was actually embarrassed by a Sox fan in front of us wearing a Fisk jersey... Was that you, standing up flipping the bird and calling all the Jays fans ******s, BabyFisk? I sure hope not... because I wanted to slug that idiot in the face myself... the guy had prolly 5-6 kids sitting around him.. I didn't see that guy at the Sunday game, hope he got a beat down..

Baby Fisk
05-31-2006, 10:30 AM
I was there Sat/Sun and was actually embarrassed by a Sox fan in front of us wearing a Fisk jersey... Was that you, standing up flipping the bird and calling all the Jays fans ******s, BabyFisk?
NO, because that would have been beyond stupid (and ironic to boot).

I wore lots of Sox gear to the games, but never engage in childish provocative crap, regardless of which teams are playing. I'm there to watch the game, not act like an ass.

I was in the upper deck wilderness all three games, mostly because I don't like and/or sometimes can't handle large crowds.

Anyone wearing a Fisk jersey would have found himself denuded of said garment had I witnessed what you described.

Frater Perdurabo
05-31-2006, 10:36 AM
denuded

And defenestrtated as well, right? :tongue:

Baby Fisk
05-31-2006, 10:52 AM
And defenestrtated as well, right? :tongue:
Rogers Centre has some large picture windows by the ramps. That would have made for a dramatic scene. :cool:

Scottiehaswheels
05-31-2006, 10:53 AM
NO, because that would have been beyond stupid (and ironic to boot).

Good... my perception of you would have dropped immeasurably... The guy tried to tail me out of the park because I think he desperately needed protection from a group of Jays fans... I shrugged him off when he put his hand on my shoulder

Baby Fisk
05-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Good... my perception of you would have dropped immeasurably... The guy tried to tail me out of the park because I think he desperately needed protection from a group of Jays fans... I shrugged him off when he put his hand on my shoulder
Was it an actual Fisk jersey? Which version? I saw a guy with a blue and red shirt that had Fisk 72 on the back, but it wasn't a jersey.

Scottiehaswheels
05-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Was it an actual Fisk jersey? Which version? I saw a guy with a blue and red shirt that had Fisk 72 on the back, but it wasn't a jersey.He had the old '83 jersey on.... we were in section 116 so you might not have seen us down there from wherever you were sitting

Baby Fisk
05-31-2006, 01:03 PM
He had the old '83 jersey on.... we were in section 116 so you might not have seen us down there from wherever you were sitting
Nope, didn't see him. Too bad he disgraced his team and the name on his back. White Sox fans are better than that.

CanBuehrleWait
05-31-2006, 01:27 PM
Ha. I'm late but I was there Sunday. I've been to many a city and Toronto has some of the nicest people I have ever met. I got a couple of 'mean' looks here and there but that was about it. The good guys won afterall. I also saw a good number of Sox fans running around there (ran into 30 or so) and wondered if it was any of you guy as well. Fun times

Scottiehaswheels
05-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Ha. I'm late but I was there Sunday. I've been to many a city and Toronto has some of the nicest people I have ever met. I got a couple of 'mean' looks here and there but that was about it. The good guys won afterall. I also saw a good number of Sox fans running around there (ran into 30 or so) and wondered if it was any of you guy as well. Fun timesWell I took my gf along... I was the guy that looked to be jonesing the entire time... whilst the gf was giving me dirty looks about being so addicted to tobacco... lol Toronto kinda sucks to drive around... it was kinda cool though cuz we got lost and basically ended up following a road with my last name directly to the park when I finally stopped to get directions.... lol

Baby Fisk
05-31-2006, 04:22 PM
lol Toronto kinda sucks to drive around... it was kinda cool though cuz we got lost and basically ended up following a road with my last name directly to the park when I finally stopped to get directions.... lol
It's startling how many visitors ask me "Where's the CN Tower?" I got asked again this weekend, by a young couple who were two blocks from the tower. People, it's the gigantic phallus that dominates the entire skyline. Hard to miss.

http://nagrang.co.kr/board/data/board2/Toronto%20Skyline-600.jpg

Scottiehaswheels
05-31-2006, 04:26 PM
It's startling how many visitors ask me "Where's the CN Tower?" Hard to miss.

http://nagrang.co.kr/board/data/board2/Toronto%20Skyline-600.jpg

Hell i'd never even heard of it until we got to the park... thought it was just Toronto's way of copying another great American architectural phenomenon... i.e. Seattle's needle

Baby Fisk
06-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Hell i'd never even heard of it until we got to the park... thought it was just Toronto's way of copying another great American architectural phenomenon... i.e. Seattle's needle
Um... no.