PDA

View Full Version : Wendelstat crew?

hawkjt
05-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Do they shuffle crews from year to year? I assume they do. I always have a bad feeling when we get wendelstat,iassonga,froemming crews.

Angel Hernandez was bad behind the plate at times in the past and he did us no favors today. The guy at third most definitely missed the check swings in the jays favor twice, the one on catalono ended up killing us.

Wendelstats call on friday when he called dye out in the baseline when the jay did not tag him with the ball was another miss.

I just wonder if wendelstat has a long memory from last years oakland fiasco.

Not blaming the umps for this weekend but we could use a break here and there on a call. the jays have gotten some.

TornLabrum
05-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Do they shuffle crews from year to year? I assume they do. I always have a bad feeling when we get wendelstat,iassonga,froemming crews.

Angel Hernandez was bad behind the plate at times in the past and he did us no favors today. The guy at third most definitely missed the check swings in the jays favor twice, the one on catalono ended up killing us.

Wendelstats call on friday when he called dye out in the baseline when the jay did not tag him with the ball was another miss.

I just wonder if wendelstat has a long memory from last years oakland fiasco.

Not blaming the umps for this weekend but we could use a break here and there on a call. the jays have gotten some.

Remember the movie "Twelve O'Clock High"? I think this crew is the MLB equivalent of that movie's "Leper Colony."

oeo
05-28-2006, 03:29 PM
That Catalonotto swing was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. He literally went all the way around, while Podsednik, who was called out, wasn't even close. Podsednik held the bat right where he stopped swinging, you idiot. It's not that hard to pay attention, I can usually tell if a guy goes around from the centerfield camera, so that side view you have cannot be that difficult.

EastCoastSoxFan
05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Remember the movie "Twelve O'Clock High"? I think this crew is the MLB equivalent of that movie's "Leper Colony."
"If there's a bombardier who can't hit his plate with his fork, YOU GET HIM.
If there's a navigator who can't find the men's room, YOU GET HIM because YOU RATE HIM!"
Classic flick.
But unlike that leper colony, this one is doesn't appear to be in any danger of turning into one of the best crews in the outfit...

ode to veeck
05-31-2006, 04:01 AM
we used to actually use the move "12 O'Clock High" in a managment class on "situational leadership", a great flick