PDA

View Full Version : ??Detroit Tigers??

k2wilson
05-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Living on the southside of Atlanta (Braves Suck), I don't get too much American League news. Are the Tigers really that good, or are they just playing above their heads?

Grzegorz
05-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Living on the southside of Atlanta (Braves Suck), I don't get too much American League news. Are the Tigers really that good, or are they just playing above their heads?

They're red hot right now; no team can keep up this pace.

But, they do have some excellent pitching... I do not believe they will collapse.

SoxFan76
05-28-2006, 11:33 AM
What's with the Cubs logo?

I'm going to say no, they aren't that good. I believe they're the 2nd best team in the Central.

Brian26
05-28-2006, 12:04 PM

Above their heads. The starting pitchers are putting up insane ERA's compared to their career numbers. No way does something like that continue for all their guys for the entire season. Kenny Rogers is traditionally a first half pitcher, and I highly doubt he'll continue at this pace through August. Bottom line...their offense has some live young bats, but their pitching is an anomaly right now. No way do they win this division. I see them finishing third in the division behind Cleveland. Mark my words.

D. TODD
05-28-2006, 12:06 PM
They are a well balanced team. They have a mixture of youth & veterens, their pitching has been rock solid, and they have power with some speed on offense. They can be here for the long haul, but I still like our chances:D:

D. TODD
05-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Above their heads. The starting pitchers are putting up insane ERA's compared to their career numbers. No way does something like that continue for all their guys for the entire season. Kenny Rogers is traditionally a first half pitcher, and I highly doubt he'll continue at this pace through August. Bottom line...their offense has some live young bats, but their pitching is an anomaly right now. No way do they win this division. I see them finishing third in the division behind Cleveland. Mark my words. That does sound like alot of the hated "experts" take on the Sox last year.:o:

chisoxfanatic
05-28-2006, 12:31 PM

They've been playing a lot of games against the Kansas City Royals...You do the math!

MarySwiss
05-28-2006, 12:43 PM
As I said in another thread, what Cleveland did in the second half last year is similar to what Detroit is doing now. I agree with Grzegorz; no team can keep this up all season. Plus I don't think there's any way Maggs stays healthy all season. They're better than I thought they'd be, but I still don't think they're anywhere near as good as we are.

Brian26
05-28-2006, 01:22 PM
That does sound like alot of the hated "experts" take on the Sox last year.:o:

We've played the Tigers in one series so far, and we swept the three games from them. What are you worried about?

k2wilson
05-28-2006, 02:13 PM
What's with the Cubs logo?

I'm going to say no, they aren't that good. I believe they're the 2nd best team in the Central.

Look closer. That's the anti-Cubs logo.

FloridaTigers
05-28-2006, 02:19 PM
They've been playing a lot of games against the Kansas City Royals...You do the math!

Or maybe the Royals are so bad because they've faced us so many times? Think about it...

Speaking as a Tigers fan, we're not going to keep up this pace. This is insane. But I'm enjoying it, and taking it one game at a time. Playoffs? September? Thats still a whiles away for me. I'm gonna sit back and take this all in while I still can.

Chips
05-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Or maybe the Royals are so bad because they've faced us so many times? Think about it...

Speaking as a Tigers fan, we're not going to keep up this pace. This is insane. But I'm enjoying it, and taking it one game at a time. Playoffs? September? Thats still a whiles away for me. I'm gonna sit back and take this all in while I still can.

No, the Royals suck that bad.

FloridaTigers
05-28-2006, 02:32 PM
No, the Royals suck that bad.

Impossible...they can't be worse then the 2003 Tigers...

Soxfanspcu11
05-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Impossible...they can't be worse then the 2003 Tigers...

They are.

skobabe8
05-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Look closer. That's the anti-Cubs logo.

Right, but usually a logo has something to do with the thread.

TDog
05-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Maroth is on the DL with elbow problems. Verlander only pitched 130 inning last season, and that was in the minors, so it's uncertain how he'll hold up under the heat of the race.

Right now the Tigers are very good. And the Sox haven't been playing great baseball, but have MLB's second-best record right behind them. Who knows if the Tigers lose it during the summer, the postseason or next season, but like every team, the pitching has a potential of breaking down.

RSN33
05-29-2006, 08:33 AM

Okay Heather, let's *do* the math...

KC vs. Detroit - 8 games. 0-8

KC vs. White Sox - 9 games. 3-6.

Oooops!! :D: Frickin' Bogan!