PDA

View Full Version : Pirates and Astros 'play 2'...

HotelWhiteSox
05-28-2006, 01:05 AM
sort of...

Pirates win in 18 http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060527&content_id=1475103&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Jason Bay scored on a shallow sac fly after he ran over the catcher. Interestingly enough, no one punched him in the face.

Bay also homered (for the 5th straight game)

Astros credited with 2 blown saves

SOXintheBURGH
05-28-2006, 01:07 AM
That game was a marathon. I feel so drained. I had tickets to the game tonight too that I turned down, thankfully.

RadioheadRocks
05-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Jason Bay scored on a shallow sac fly after he ran over the catcher. Interestingly enough, no one punched him in the face.

Pay attention, Michael Barrett... you just might learn something here!

RKMeibalane
05-28-2006, 08:17 AM
sort of...

Pirates win in 18 http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060527&content_id=1475103&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Bay also homered (for the 5th straight game)

Astros credited with 2 blown saves

At that point, I think everyone just wanted to go home. :cool:

SBSoxFan
05-28-2006, 09:05 AM
I had written this for another post, but, just to reiterate ...

In the 18th inning of last nights game between the Pirates and the Astros, Jason Bay ran over Astros' catcher Eric Munson to score the winning run on a sac fly to center. Replays clearly show that Munson was unable to catch the short-hopped throw just before Bay hit him. So, Munson didn't have the ball, was blocking home plate, and got run over by a runner coming down the third base line resulting in his team losing the game. The loss was Houston's fifth in a row, and dropped them to .500 after a 19-9 start. So, frustrations must be mounting in Houston. Does any of this sound familiar? Oh, by the way, Munson's reaction? He simply walked off the field.