PDA

View Full Version : Ah, optimism

longshot7
02-03-2002, 02:21 PM
The fans aren't the only ones who think the Twins have a shot at the pennant race.
Handcuffed by baseball's contraction plan for much of the offseason, Minnesota didn't make any significant player moves. But the team thinks it has a chance to win the AL Central for the first time since 1991 because division-winner Cleveland downsized.

"With the moves Cleveland made, I think we've got to be the favorites in the division," pitcher Eric Milton said.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0201/1321450.html

umm... excuse me?

Spiff
02-03-2002, 02:32 PM
Never mentions the Sox in the article.

Oh well, we'll see who takes the division.

:notwinks

RKMeibalane
02-03-2002, 03:46 PM
I find it interesting that people think a team that may be contracted at any time will challenge for the division title. How funny would it be if the Twins actually win the division and then get contracted?

I think Milton's been eating too many lemonheads. :)

pearso66
02-03-2002, 03:47 PM
i guess those twinkies will be awefully suprised they dont win the division when the white sox stay remotely healthy all year long. as opposed to last year where we had numerous injuries that took out one of our best hitters, Hurt, and quite a few pitchers. plus that key loss of the tribe, kenny lofton, now plays CF for our team. plus they dont have lawton anymore, and we all saw how they stumbled after they traded lawton

RichH55
02-04-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by pearso66
i guess those twinkies will be awefully suprised they dont win the division when the white sox stay remotely healthy all year long. as opposed to last year where we had numerous injuries that took out one of our best hitters, Hurt, and quite a few pitchers. plus that key loss of the tribe, kenny lofton, now plays CF for our team. plus they dont have lawton anymore, and we all saw how they stumbled after they traded lawton Well I think Kenny is a player, I think its overstepping it to call him their key loss...I remember a certain Hall of Famer to be 2B who put up excellent numbers last year who any team would take in a heartbeat over Kenny