PDA

View Full Version : Do the Sox have a score to settle with the Cubs?

A. Cavatica
05-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Are the appeals the end of it, or do you feel the Sox have unfinished business with the Cubs?

TheOldRoman
05-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Yes, seeing as they are a AAA team and we embarrassed ourselves by giving them a game. We need to go into the Urinal and settle the score by taking 3.

batmanZoSo
05-27-2006, 06:15 PM
No more screwing around with those losers. It doesn't mean anything in the end. Purple monkey dishwasher. Just try to win every game like any other series and see you next year. We'll send you a postcard from the playoffs.

robertks61
05-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Sweep them. End of story!

Go back to playing 3 games a year with these idiots and there fans. Alternate the sites.

StillMissOzzie
05-27-2006, 08:34 PM
No more screwing around with those losers. It doesn't mean anything in the end. Purple monkey dishwasher. Just try to win every game like any other series and see you next year. We'll send you a postcard from the playoffs.

:hawk
"Your WHAT hurts?"

*** does this mean?

SMO
:?:

1951Campbell
05-27-2006, 08:52 PM
"They're beneath our notice," as my mom would say.

However, I am not as big a person as my mom, so if some fastballs found their way into some backs on the way to the Sox winning the World Series as the Cubs found their way to a 98-loss season, I wouldn'y cry in my pillow, let's put it that way.

:smile:

itsnotrequired
05-27-2006, 08:54 PM
:hawk
"Your WHAT hurts?"

*** does this mean?

SMO
:?:

See SOXintheBURGH's sig...

SOXintheBURGH
05-27-2006, 08:56 PM

The.. best damn sig on WSI!

SOXSINCE'70
05-27-2006, 10:57 PM
I voted no.It's time to **** and just play the damn games.

TheDarkGundam
05-27-2006, 11:34 PM
The.. best damn sig on WSI! I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. :cool:

Anyway, I seem to remember winning the series against them, winning the world series recently, and clearly dominating the fight.
Just win. No score settling, there is no score to settle.

itsnotrequired
05-27-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. :cool:

Anyway, I seem to remember winning the series against them, winning the world series recently, and clearly dominating the fight.
Just win. No score settling, there is no score to settle.
I notice your sig has noting to do with Me aka Captain Cool. Consider yourself pwnd.

:wink:

Mr. White Sox
05-28-2006, 04:44 AM
As much as I'd like to see Zamboner get plunked, there's no need to start a fight. We all know Zamboner would just point his bat at [insert Sox pitcher or Ozzie] and start cussin' like crazy, then there's backtalk, then benches empty, etc. No freakin' need.

Optipessimism
05-28-2006, 06:32 AM
I'd have to say that it is over, but just for the fun of it I'd love to see a Bone Logan or Montero come up for just one game at Wrigley, hit both Zambrano and Barrett, throw one in the dugout at Dusty, and then get sent back to Charlotte with a fine paid out of the organization's pocket. I know that's 'bush league' but so what.

WSox597
05-28-2006, 07:33 AM
I voted no. Let the Sox play to their potential and do a repeat. That would be revenge enough for me.

The 'others' are so desperate that they would try anything to get some momentary glory. I like the looks of the rings, and the sound of "World Champion White Sox" too much to jeopardize it by stooping to bush-league tactics.

Like sucker-punching a base-runner for example.

Let being a north side fan act as its own reward. Nice bleachers, guys. Very historic.

Blob
05-28-2006, 08:48 AM
It's over, let it go...

chisoxfanatic
05-28-2006, 11:27 AM
The.. best damn sig on WSI!

Not quite as good as mine, though! You've gotta "think pink!!!" :D:

There is NO score to settle. We're defending World Series Champions!

jabrch
05-28-2006, 01:09 PM
No reason to get someone hurt or suspended cuz Barrett is a putz. We are a contender. They are a few games out of last place. We have a World Series Trophy, they have an attendance trophy. Sorry - no reason for us to get involved in this sillyness anymore.

Chips
05-28-2006, 02:35 PM

Am I missing something here?:dunno:

roylestillman
05-28-2006, 06:25 PM
I think Tadahito settled the score about four or five pitches after that brawl. Done and done.

miker
05-30-2006, 09:45 AM
It's over. Concentrate on another World Series Championship and file the Cubbies and their fans under "Irrelevant."

yesenia
05-30-2006, 09:51 AM
If anything, the Cubs need to prove to their fans they are worth their sell out attendance which is ridiculous.

The sox, their fans, and other clubs know that the southside team is a force to be reckoned with. I just hope we sweep this time and that the game the Cubs won was a mistake that wont happen again.

Hangar18
05-30-2006, 09:53 AM
yes they have a SCORE to settle. SWEEP THEM IN WRIGLEY for losing a game.