PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Speculation

Lip Man 1
05-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Speculation about potential future destination places for Mr. Hunter have been popping up. According to the print edition of The Sporting News (Pg. 29) Hunter has five teams that he can veto a deal to. They are:

Boston
Toronto
Cubs
Tampa Bay
Detroit

Feel free to begin speculating about how long until the Yankees get him.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
05-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Speculation about potential future destination places for Mr. Hunter have been popping up. According to the print edition of The Sporting News (Pg. 29) Hunter has five teams that he can veto a deal to. They are:

Boston
Toronto
Cubs
Tampa Bay
Detroit

LipWait. You mean it's not his lifelong dream to play for the Cubs???

DickAllen72
05-27-2006, 03:00 PM
I hope he stays with the Twins at least until they play the Cubs. I'd love to see him send Barrett to the hospital by knocking him out at the plate.

CLR01
05-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Wait. You mean it's not his lifelong dream to play for the Cubs???

Like every other ML player he would love to play for the Cubs. Hunter must have said Chicago and the writer not realizing there were two teams wrote down the Cubs. You can tell this was an error by looking at the list and seeing that every other team was an AL club so he must have meant Chicago AL.

How are the Royals not on that list?

QCIASOXFAN
05-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Doesn't Tampa have a bunch of little Hunters in the outfield?? I don't see him going to that team.

1951Campbell
05-27-2006, 03:26 PM

Boston
Toronto
Cubs
Tampa Bay
Detroit

Lip

Wait. You mean he doesn't want to deal with the Botson media?

1951Campbell
05-27-2006, 03:30 PM
I hope he stays with the Twins at least until they play the Cubs. I'd love to see him send Barrett to the hospital by knocking him out at the plate.

Dusty: "Two i's in his last name. That was the cause. Barrett punching him in the 'nads was the effect, dude."

FedEx227
05-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Doesn't Tampa have a bunch of little Hunters in the outfield?? I don't see him going to that team.

Yes, they have about 60 OFers either in the majors or in the minors most of which play exactly like Hunter.

Trav
05-27-2006, 03:57 PM

Boston
Toronto
Cubs
Tampa Bay
Detroit

Lip
The NYY would be silly not to go out and get him.

buehrle4cy05
05-27-2006, 03:59 PM
The NYY would be silly not to go out and get him.

As long as the Yankees aren't willing to give up Chein-Ming Wang, Robinson Cano, or Melky Cabrera, they aren't going to get Hunter.

Ol' No. 2
05-27-2006, 04:06 PM
As long as the Yankees aren't willing to give up Chein-Ming Wang, Robinson Cano, or Melky Cabrera, they aren't going to get Hunter.That's exactly it. The Twinks are going to want prospects, and they'll get some good ones for Hunter. The Yankees' cupboard is bare.

Trav
05-27-2006, 04:14 PM
As long as the Yankees aren't willing to give up Chein-Ming Wang, Robinson Cano, or Melky Cabrera, they aren't going to get Hunter.

I think he would be worth Wang and cash. Something like that. I wouldn't give up Cano or Cabrera. I'm sure they will work something out.

santo=dorf
05-27-2006, 04:49 PM
How are the Royals not on that list?

Probably because he knows;
A) The Royals will never be able to afford his overrated ass
B) The Royals are a pathetic excuse for a franchise and will never be in competition and will never have to worry about making a trade to improve their ball club.
C) Inter-division trades aren't that common in baseball.

RKMeibalane
05-28-2006, 09:35 AM

Boston
Toronto
Cubs
Tampa Bay
Detroit

Lip

The Cubs will probably try to get him, but I don't see anyone else making a run at him. The Blue Jays don't need him with Wells in CF, and the Red Sox will get Crisp back soon enough. Tampa has an abundance of quality outfielders, but I think they want to see if Baldelli will be healthy this season before doing anything else, and the Twins won't trade with Detroit because they're in the same division.

tick53
05-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Big Stein usually gets what he wants. Hunter would probably suck up all the
attention that he would receive from the media. Go ahead George, up your
payroll some more. The White Sox have proven you don't need to have the
highest one to win a World Series.

I don't want him to go to the Cubs for several reasons.:angry:

socko82
05-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Wait. You mean it's not his lifelong dream to play for the Cubs???

He's probably seen how well his old teammates Hawkins and Jones have been treated by those "great" Wrigley fans and decided he can live without the racist slurs and hate mail.

Tragg
05-28-2006, 09:41 PM
The Cubs will probably try to get him, but I don't see anyone else making a run at him. So what do they do with PIerre?

Keep this declining players (who were never as good as they were hyped anyway) away from the southside.

cws05champ
05-28-2006, 11:57 PM
I hope they keep Toriiiiii for the rest of the year...they pose no threat to the Sox winning the division this year, and I don;t want them to get a butt load of prospects in return. I'd rather just see him leave via FA after the year.:wink:

ma-gaga
05-30-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm just saying... I think the Twins keep Hunter, pick up his 2007 option, and try to work out an extention.

They just seem to really like him. He's overrated, and overpaid, but he's a good player, and a good guy, and I think the Twins don't take the PR hit by trading him away, despite it being the "right" thing to do.

I'm torn. I "know" that trading him is the right thing to do, but there's nobody ready to take his place, and ... he doesn't have the glaring weaknesses, or injury problems that the other recent Twins have had.

Maybe they'll make the right call, but if it's to the Yankees, it better be a three team deal, because I want more than the Yankees can offer.

tweek57
05-30-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm just saying... I think the Twins keep Hunter, pick up his 2007 option, and try to work out an extention.

They just seem to really like him. He's overrated, and overpaid, but he's a good player, and a good guy, and I think the Twins don't take the PR hit by trading him away, despite it being the "right" thing to do.

I'm torn. I "know" that trading him is the right thing to do, but there's nobody ready to take his place, and ... he doesn't have the glaring weaknesses, or injury problems that the other recent Twins have had.

Maybe they'll make the right call, but if it's to the Yankees, it better be a three team deal, because I want more than the Yankees can offer.
I don't see how the Twins could pickup Hunter's option. They may have a new stadium on the way and all but they still don't pay $10M+ for one player, I don't think they'll pickup his $12M option but maybe attempt to buy out his contract at $2M and then try to rework something with him that they could afford.

I do agree though that they will not be trading him anytime soon, IMO Stewart will be shipped elsewhere before Hunter is.

MarySwiss
05-30-2006, 01:32 AM
So what do they do with PIerre?

Keep this declining players (who were never as good as they were hyped anyway) away from the southside.
Pierre is an experiment that failed, despite the hype. If the Cubs weren't interested in moving Pierre, why would they have brought up Womack, another lead-off hitter with good speed? I'm just saying.

Flight #24
05-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Pierre is an experiment that failed, despite the hype. If the Cubs weren't interested in moving Pierre, why would they have brought up Womack, another lead-off hitter with good speed? I'm just saying.

Because their alternatives are Theriot/Neifi-esque?
Because they truly don't have any semblance of a clue?
Because their manager is really just that dumb?

The possibilities are endless.