PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Beating Themselves Again

ws05champs
05-27-2006, 12:58 PM
2nd inning, Atlanta has just gone ahead by a miffed relay. This is wonderful.

QCIASOXFAN
05-27-2006, 02:27 PM
They are the most awful team I have seen play baseball in a long time.

koz
05-27-2006, 02:30 PM
These announcers are ripping the cubs at every turn. It's our team, thank you, and WE will rip our own team. We don't need any help. They said something like "cub fans put themselves on par with Red Sox fans...wrong, Red Sox fans put the team first. cub fans put the team on equal footing with the park, the bars, the condos around the park, etc".
Man, they've been merciless! There's definitely a stronk kernel of truth to what they say, but ease up! This is a nationally televised game!...posted on the cubs mlb board.

1951Campbell
05-27-2006, 02:30 PM

Um, 2003 Tigers?

TheOldRoman
05-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Um, 2003 Tigers?
Um, 2006 Royals?

TDog
05-27-2006, 02:48 PM

Um, 2006 Marl ... oh, never mind.

DSpivack
05-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Um, 2006 Marl ... oh, never mind.

Marlins swept 'em! How about the '06 Royals?

Ol' No. 2
05-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Baker looked like he was about to puke in the dugout after the final out.

TDog
05-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Marlins swept 'em! How about the '06 Royals?

Hence the trailing off sentence and "never mind."

Therein lies the humor.

southside rocks
Cubs lost, 2-1.

Here's what boggles my mind: they not only sold out the park, but they had the biggest crowd since some date in 1979. Who the [big expletive] pays money to see this team play?!?!?! Or did 30,000 Braves fans come up from Atlanta for the day?

UofCSoxFan
what a crappy fox game of the week

ilsox7
Baker looked like he was about to puke in the dugout after the final out.

Yea. As poor a manager as he is, his players are even worse. And that says a lot.

ilsox7
05-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Cubs lost, 2-1.

Here's what boggles my mind: they not only sold out the park, but they had the biggest crowd since some date in 1979. Who the [big expletive] pays money to see this team play?!?!?! Or did 30,000 Braves fans come up from Atlanta for the day?

Hello, tourists. It's Memorial Day Weekend. Everyone and their brother who does not live in Chicago comes to Chicago this weekend. And they all want to go to a bar with a large capacity, so they head to Wrigley Park.

peeonwrigley
05-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Hello, tourists. It's Memorial Day Weekend. Everyone and their brother who does not live in Chicago comes to Chicago this weekend. And they all want to go to a bar with a large capacity, so they head to Wrigley Park.
And the "biggest crowd" thing is a little deceiving b/c of all the new seats added. I'd imagine lots of seats were sold long ago for this game because of the reasons listed in ilsox7's post.

TDog
05-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Cubs lost, 2-1.

Would you rather your team win a popularity contest or win baseball games, nearly two-thirds of the time.

Sox fans show their team plenty of support, and management is rewarding their fan support by trying to field a winner. It doesn't bother me that more people go to see the Cubs. I've never heard anyone dismiss the Angels because more people show up for Dodgers games.

pdimas
05-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Even worse my girl (who is a cubs fan) was trying to get giles, he of the 2 run go ahead +double, drunk at the club so that he would have a bad game :smile: today. But even she admitted to him that it probably wouldn't matter anyway as the cubs would still find some way to lose.

miker
05-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Cubs lost, 2-1.

If you haven't figured it out by now...

southside rocks
05-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Would you rather your team win a popularity contest or win baseball games, nearly two-thirds of the time.

Sox fans show their team plenty of support, and management is rewarding their fan support by trying to field a winner. It doesn't bother me that more people go to see the Cubs. I've never heard anyone dismiss the Angels because more people show up for Dodgers games.

I don't care that the Cubs draw huge crowds; I just marvel at the sheer idiocy of people who willingly pay $50 or $100 -- or more -- for an afternoon of that.

And those big heavy rings full of diamonds the Sox players got weren't for the attendance, I know.

DumpJerry
05-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Why are we taking up WSI bandwidth talking about a meaningless team?

I know, I know, I just contributed to the problem.

Chisox003
05-27-2006, 04:10 PM

I love daily threads about the Cubs

:rolleyes:

****ING PATHETIC

MarkM2112
05-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Cubs lost, 2-1.

Ity can't be the Braves fans, they can't even fill their OWN park for a playoff game!

1 Dog
05-27-2006, 05:45 PM

At some point, I think it goes beyond Cubsession.

The Cubs are so awful that I won't try to waste words on expressing just how bad. I'll just say that we are now witnessing an absolute trainwreck. The fun is compounded by the fact that the Tribune is behaving like a corrupt dictator run amok. It is so bad that anyone interested in baseball can't help but look at the trainwreck. Then, factor in that all this is happening across town (for many of you).

It's funny. We can't help ourselves.

DickAllen72
05-27-2006, 06:50 PM
True, the Cubs suck, but we didn't play much better today. Or yesterday for that matter.

chisoxmike
05-27-2006, 07:19 PM
I love daily threads about the Cubs

:rolleyes:

****ING PATHETIC

They're almost as pathetic as daily threads about Aaron Rowand. At least Rowand had something to do with our team.