PDA

View Full Version : Baker Claims Pierzynski Should Have Been Suspended

Viva Medias B's
05-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Dusty Baker on whether A.J. Pierzynski should have been suspended:

''Kind of, yeah. Whenever there is a cause, there's an effect. And I guess the effect was Michael.''

Isn't this the same guy who said that Pierzynski's hit on Barrett was a clean one?

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-27-2006, 11:13 AM
idiot

FedEx227
05-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Can anybody even imagine if the shoe was on the other foot...

god this is a joke. Why is he even being fined? All I remember seeing is AJ performing a clean play to score for his team, walking to get his helmet and not throwing a single punch. Yet he gets fined and according to Hot Seat he was the cause.

beckett21
05-27-2006, 11:17 AM
I think we need to go easy on Dusty here.

After all, he's not playing with a full deck. I'm not referring to his roster, either.

:kukoo:

1951Campbell
05-27-2006, 11:20 AM
http://www.ukcia.org/images/posters/bong.jpg

Brian26
05-27-2006, 11:24 AM
There's not another manager in the game that I disrespect more than Dusty Baker. He is a first-class idiot.

tebman
05-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Dustbin: ''Kind of, yeah. Whenever there is a cause, there's an effect. And I guess the effect was Michael.''

Yeah, well...

We're not talking about great thinkers here. Baker needed to say something, so he reflexively covered for his player with the 47th chromosome. I'm more impressed with what Ken Williams had to say:

Williams: ''Yeah, I got a response to it...Ted Lilly is pitching against the White Sox in Toronto [Friday night] and I hope to hell we find a way to focus on how to beat Ted Lilly. I'm not worried about Dusty or Michael Barrett or anybody else on that side of town.''

Just win, baby.

The Critic
05-27-2006, 11:51 AM
I guess all of Baker's criticisms and helpful advice get used up on other teams' players before he can dispense any "pearls of wisdom" on his own team.
Maybe that explains why he had no "advice" for Lazy Neifi after he dogged it on a dropped relay throw and allowed the winning run to score from 2nd on a flyout.
It occurred to me that Baker might be trying to loaf his way out of town, but he's still a dolt.

buehrle4cy05
05-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Dusty should stick to trying to improve his team that has the fourth-worst record in baseball.

mrs. hendu
05-27-2006, 11:54 AM
***??!! Moron.

Steelrod
05-27-2006, 12:08 PM
It's his managerial talent..living in the past!!

Rob190
05-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Dusty, put the bong down, and back away. Far away.:smokin:

LongLiveFisk
05-27-2006, 12:36 PM
It's very simple. BAKER = :dumbass:

itsnotrequired
05-27-2006, 12:56 PM
As someone said in another thread, Barrett's punch was the cause, his 10 game suspension was the effect.

:cool:

santo=dorf
05-27-2006, 12:58 PM
No Dirtball Baker, Barrett was the cause and the brawl was the effect.

Get a clue. :?:

Baker= :dumbass:

Hitmen77
05-27-2006, 01:00 PM
The Cubs and the Cubune won't let this drop, will they? Funny how they're so desparate to spin this against the Sox.

Check out how Jim Hendry goes to great lengths to stress he hasn't given this much though and yet he still has to get in the company-line spin....

Hendry said he hadn't given Pierzynski's punishment much thought.

"They probably felt it was a clean play at the plate, and I'm sure in the umpire's report that was stressed," Hendry said. "It's not for me to judge why they didn't or did do it based on his explanation of why he started toward our side."

I love how they're trying to hand their hat on this BS about AJ "going toward their side". We've heard this quite a few Cubs employess - namely Hendry and Paul Sullivan.

Dan H
05-27-2006, 01:28 PM
There is one thing AJ did I didn't like: Taunting the crowd as he walked away. Too many players do that, and I think it was irresponsible. Having said that, I have heard enough hand wringing by the Cubs and their supporters this past week. AJ is a bad guy so he deserved to get punched. He was sending threatening signals when he walked past Barrett. Barrett was just sticking up for his team and on and on and on. The simple fact is that Barrett is a hot head who needs to learn a lesson although I doubt that he ever will. The Cubs are an absolute disgrace as a team and organization but their brain dead fans still think Wrigley is a great experience. As I said on another thread, that three game series was an absolute joke. By some minor miracle the Cubs won one even though they looked like a minor league team. Barrett should just take the suspension and shut up. And everyone who backs him needs to shut up as well.

RowanDye
05-27-2006, 01:50 PM
A.J. "The Cause" Pierzynski

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/trophy.jpg

Cause and effect baby!

kevin57
05-27-2006, 02:22 PM
And who exactly has said Crusty the Clown Baker knows the game of baseball?

Layla
05-27-2006, 02:31 PM

Isn't this the same guy who said that Pierzynski's hit on Barrett was a clean one?

That was then, this is now.:D:

Ol' No. 2
05-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Dusty should stick to trying to improve his team that has the fourth-worst record in baseball.Third-worst. They passed the Gnats yesterday. Look out Pittsburgh!!!

This whole incident is everything that's wrong with the Cubs in a nutshell. Nothing but excuses for everything. Instead of focussing on the current game, they're whining about something that happened a week ago. It sure isn't Pierzynski's fault that the Cubs are last in the NL in just about every offensive category there is. Don't they have any mirrors in the Cubs' clubhouse?

MeteorsSox4367
05-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Instead of worrying about how horse(bleep) his own team is, Dusty's worried about the Sox? Hey Dusty, get to the .500 mark and give us a call. Until then, shut up!

Idiot!

beckett21
05-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Third-worst. They passed the Gnats yesterday. Look out Pittsburgh!!!

This whole incident is everything that's wrong with the Cubs in a nutshell. Nothing but excuses for everything. Instead of focussing on the current game, they're whining about something that happened a week ago. It sure isn't Pierzynski's fault that the Cubs are last in the NL in just about every offensive category there is. Don't they have any mirrors in the Cubs' clubhouse?

Hmmm...lessee...98 years without a Championship...7 years bad luck for a broken mirror...

By my calculations they must have at least 14 broken mirrors in the clubhouse. Apparently no functioning ones though. :redneck

TDog
05-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Baker and Hendry are employed by Tribune Company divisions where there is no pretense of professional ethics.

QCIASOXFAN
05-27-2006, 03:21 PM
NO way! Dusty made a retarded statement! Noooo!

MarySwiss
05-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Third-worst. They passed the Gnats yesterday. Look out Pittsburgh!!!

Sorry, Ol. No. 2; I think the Cubs are easily the most offensive team in the NL, and probably the Majors. And I still maintain that KC is probably better than they are. The Royals play in the toughest division in baseball, after all. (Now I've done it; no doubt we'll hear from Fenway real soon!):tongue:

Dick Allen
05-27-2006, 06:17 PM
How many times have Baker, Barrett, and the Cubune changed their stories in the past week. Can you say guilty - of being low-life simpletons?

WSox8404
05-27-2006, 08:24 PM
How many times have Baker, Barrett, and the Cubune changed their stories in the past week. Can you say guilty - of being low-life simpletons?

Guilty as charged!

SOXSINCE'70
05-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Just say "no" to contract extensions,Krusty.:rolleyes:

rocky biddle
05-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Busty changed his tune because he needed to stick up for his player. He sold Barrett out after the game and all but said AJ outplayed him. Then he agreed with Ozzie that Rich Hill was out of line with his comments. The cubs season is lost. The players have all but quit on him and he needs to do something to try to get them back. His new pro-Barrett stance is a last-ditch attempt to look like the good 'ol "player's manager" the Trib hired.

And the AJ fine was nothing but MLB pandering to anti-AJ crowd. They needed to do something or risk the uproar.

getonbckthr
05-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Cause=Barrett cheapshot
Effect= Getting ass beat by Podsednik, Anderson and Cora.

RadioheadRocks
05-28-2006, 12:19 AM

Quote:
''Kind of, yeah. Whenever there is a cause, there's an effect. And I guess the effect was Michael.''

It's always been my experience and belief that those prone to changing their stories over and over are sorely lacking in something called INTEGRITY.

Game, set, match.