PDA

View Full Version : Baker on Barrett's suspension

maurice
05-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Sully already has a piece (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-060526cubssoxfight,1,6627242.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed) up on ChicagoSports.com re. the suspensions. It seems like the Cubs PR people told Barrett and Baker to ****, but Baker can't help himself:
Manager Dusty Baker said called the verdict a "little harsh." "We knew it was going to be something," Baker said. "We were hoping it wouldn't be that many days. Michael is appealing it. It's going to be tough to be without Michael for that many days." Baker said he was "kind of" surprised that Pierzynski wasn't suspended. "Like I've said, whenever there's a cause, there's an effect," he said. "I guess the effect was Michael."

No, dip****. The "cause" was Michael Barrett's punkass attitude. The "effect" was a 10-game suspension.
:gulp:

PatK
05-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Dusty couldn't possibly be any dumber, could he?

yesenia
05-26-2006, 03:07 PM
How the hell is he going to expect anything less than a suspension. He should be happy it wasn't more. Appealing it? A say what? AJ started it? If you didn't have the ball the get the **** out of the way!

[mod edit]

If you make us edit your post because you evaded the language filter, you get 3 days off to think about not doing it again.

Steelrod
05-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Dusty's dumb, thats the cause.
The Cubs suck, thats the effect!

jenn2080
05-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Dusty's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Suspension was a bit harsh?!?!?! What is he smokin?!? Barrett jacked AJ in the face he should have been fined 20 games.

maurice
05-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Hendry (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060526&content_id=1472665&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) is in full spin mode:
"In fairness to Michael, you get jolted like that and you get knocked a little silly," Hendry said. "And A.J. did take a few steps toward our side of the field, and I think it's just normal that you would react that there was going to be more action or some kind of second confrontation, and I hope Michael would be given some kind of leniency for that."

LMAO. He can't even say that AJ walked toward Barrett, because it's obviously not true (though the facts didn't stop MLB's reporter from making that idiot claim). Then, Hendry claims that Barrett "reacted" in anticipation of a "second confrontation," when in fact he was the one who instigated the entire confrontation by grabbing AJ, swearing at him, and punching him in the face. MLB apparently saw the same thing. The result? 10 games for Barrett, zero games for AJ.

Eat ****, AJ haters.
:gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-26-2006, 03:14 PM
It's little wonder the Cubs are so out of control. Starting with Alou's temper tantrum in the '03 NLCS, and following an unbroken line through Chimp Caray and Stoney's "unfair" criticism, right on through MacPhail's "House Organ" whine to Dusty's "cause and effect" comment... nobody, and I mean NOBODY inside the Cubs organization is responsible for being a completely incompetent **** up.

All the scapegoats lie OUTSIDE the organization! They sound exactly like Don Wycliff explaining away the Cubune's conflict of interest problem. "Don't bother us with the details of our inherently conflicted situation -- YOU just deal with it."

No wonder George Knue is in such a state of denial. It's practically a necessary corporate survival technique at the Cubune.
:knue
"Conflict? What conflict? You guys are deranged sheep! There is no conflict!"

:roflmao:

DumpJerry
05-26-2006, 03:15 PM
How the hell is he going to expect anything less than a suspension. He should be happy it wasn't more. Appealing it? A say what? AJ started it? If you didn't have the ball the get the **** out of the way!
Might want to fix your posting before the Mods see it...........
EDIT: I see it's too late. Lesson learned.

spawn
05-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Dusty's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Suspension was a bit harsh?!?!?! What is he smokin?!? Barrett jacked AJ in the face he should have been fined 20 games.
I remember Dusty was interviewed during the game after the incident. he said he asked Barrett what happened, Barrett told him he didn't haveve the ball yet, and Baker himself said "that's baseball." Now he wants the "Cause and effect" excuse? Please. he needs to t3ell his punk *** catcher to watch his temper. The next time he starts something with another player, that guy may decide to punch back.:angry:

MarySwiss
05-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Ya know, I'm getting really tired of this. Just when I get to the point where I think I can ignore/pity the Cubs, they just HAVE to go ahead and piss me off all over again! That organization is, as we all know well, populated by lowlifes and well deserving of our utter contempt.

palehozenychicty
05-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Ya know, I'm getting really tired of this. Just when I get to the point where I think I can ignore/pity the Cubs, they just HAVE to go ahead and piss me off all over again! That organization is, as we all know well, populated by lowlifes and well deserving of our utter contempt.

Amen.

jenn2080
05-26-2006, 03:29 PM

I agree. I was so over the Cubs and could careless what they do, but seriously they make me furious. I am suppose to go to the Cubs game on Fri...Free food and drinks with a company party, but i seriously dont think i can go with the stupidity coming out of their mouths.

jdm2662
05-26-2006, 03:34 PM
I agree. I was so over the Cubs and could careless what they do, but seriously they make me furious. I am suppose to go to the Cubs game on Fri...Free food and drinks with a company party, but i seriously dont think i can go with the stupidity coming out of their mouths.

I triple this. I too felt the exact same way you did, but it's just mind boggling of the stupidity the organization just spews. The sad part is, most of their fan base shares it!!!!!

You can't really go wrong with free food and drinks. If it's during regular work time, you might be able to bear it. Then again, I deal with dumb asses all day, and pretty much except the fact the world is full of them...

samram
05-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Just looking at how Dusty brought up his surprise at AJ's not being suspended, it would seem that Dusty was actually asked if he was surprised at the lack of any suspension. So the question is who asked that bull**** question and what did they see that would in any way indicate AJ should be suspended. If it was Sullivan, I think we can all rest assured that he has been assimilated.

MarySwiss
05-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Just looking at how Dusty brought up his surprise at AJ's not being suspended, it would seem that Dusty was actually asked if he was surprised at the lack of any suspension. So the question is who asked that bull**** question and what did they see that would in any way indicate AJ should be suspended. If it was Sullivan, I think we can all rest assured that he has been assimilated.
It's only a matter of time before we will be hearing that AJ hit Barrett in the fist with his face. (I was going to teal this, but I'm really not sure it should be.)

Jerko
05-26-2006, 03:39 PM
There is NO accountability at all in the Cub organization. Everybody covers for everybody, no matter what. They have an excuse every time something bad happens, and if they do something wrong, well, it was somebody else's fault. I hope they keep Dusty, Hendry, and MacPhail, because with those 3 in charge they'll never get any better. Players mess up, Dusty covers for em. Dusty screws up, Hendry smooths things over. Then McFail backs Hendry and it starts all over again. Usually **** runs downhill but in this case it goes straight up the ladder.

spawn
05-26-2006, 03:41 PM
There is NO accountability at all in the Cub organization. Everybody covers for everybody, no matter what. They have an excuse every time something bad happens, and if they do something wrong, well, it was somebody else's fault. I hope they keep Dusty, Hendry, and MacPhail, because with those 3 in charge they'll never get any better. Players mess up, Dusty covers for em. Dusty screws up, Hendry smooths things over. Then McFail backs Hendry and it starts all over again. Usually **** runs downhill but in this case it goes straight up the ladder.
This is the reason they are in the position they are in now. No one, from the top down, takes accountabilty. How do you fix something when you believe there is nothing to fix?

Tekijawa
05-26-2006, 03:49 PM
This is the reason they are in the position they are in now. No one, from the top down, takes accountabilty. How do you fix something when you believe there is nothing to fix?

You punch it! or you break it's stereo after it's already left!

Iwritecode
05-26-2006, 04:01 PM

Compare this to what Ozzie would do if it was AJ that got run over and then punched Barrett.

He'd probably bench him for a couple of games after the suspension was over!

ilsox7
05-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Compare this to what Ozzie would do if it was AJ that got run over and then punched Barrett.

He'd probably bench him for a couple of games after the suspension was over!

Ozzie probably would have joined the other team in kicking's AJ's ass on the field.

Iwritecode
05-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Ozzie probably would have joined the other team in kicking's AJ's ass on the field.

He might have at least waited until they got into the clubhouse before kicking his ass... :cool:

ilsox7
05-26-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm kind of surprised no one has pointed out that Dust Pan was obviously misquoted. The word "dude" does not appear in that quote at all.

maurice
05-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Chicagoist (http://www.chicagoist.com/archives/2006/05/26/barrett_anderson_sent_to_their_rooms.php#comments) chimes in. The Cub fans in the comments section are in rare form (not really).

Ol' No. 2
05-26-2006, 06:08 PM
It's only a matter of time before we will be hearing that AJ hit Barrett in the fist with his face. (I was going to teal this, but I'm really not sure it should be.)There's only one way for the Sox to handle this. Stomp their sorry asses all over Wiggley Field next month.

D. TODD
05-26-2006, 07:04 PM

[mod edit]

If you make us edit your post because you evaded the language filter, you get 3 days off to think about not doing it again. If they appeal the 3 days will it be reduced to 30 hours?

miker
05-26-2006, 08:22 PM
There's only one way for the Sox to handle this. Stomp their sorry asses all over Wiggley Field next month.
AMEN!

champagne030
05-26-2006, 08:27 PM
It's little wonder the Cubs are so out of control. Starting with Alou's temper tantrum in the '03 NLCS, and following an unbroken line through Chimp Caray and Stoney's "unfair" criticism, right on through MacPhail's "House Organ" whine to Dusty's "cause and effect" comment... nobody, and I mean NOBODY inside the Cubs organization is responsible for being a completely incompetent **** up.

All the scapegoats lie OUTSIDE the organization! They sound exactly like Don Wycliff explaining away the Cubune's conflict of interest problem. "Don't bother us with the details of our inherently conflicted situation -- YOU just deal with it."

No wonder George Knue is in such a state of denial. It's practically a necessary corporate survival technique at the Cubune.
"Conflict? What conflict? You guys are deranged sheep! There is no conflict!"

:roflmao:

:knue = :sahaf

"Infidels, all of you....Lies, lies and more lies. I saw AJ attack that man and he just defended himself."

On a side note....I actually find it disgusting that Soso received only 8 games for corking a bat. One guy snapped in a heated moment and the other had a premeditated plan to deceive the game....Just my $.02. The Punk received what he deserved, but Shammy got of easy because off Bud Lite.

miker
05-26-2006, 08:30 PM
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

RadioheadRocks
05-26-2006, 09:28 PM
I think Dustbunny ought to worry more about getting hold of the anger management issues his team has than making lame-ass comments such as this.