PDA

View Full Version : No Halladay on Sunday

lakeviewsoxfan
05-26-2006, 11:02 AM
It looks like we are going to miss Roy Halladay for some strange reason, Thats fine by me it is a little strange because it is his scheduled day to pitch oh well!!:D: :D:

NDSox12
05-26-2006, 11:13 AM
It looks like we are going to miss Roy Halladay for some strange reason, Thats fine by me it is a little strange because it is his scheduled day to pitch oh well!!:D: :D:

I guess Toronto is not skipping their #5 spot despite the off day yesterday. Looks like they will save Halladay for the Red Sox on Monday.

bigsqwert
05-26-2006, 11:14 AM

Yeah but we do face Sabathia in Cleveland next week. He's one of the hottest pitchers in baseball right now.

jdm2662
05-26-2006, 11:14 AM
They moved him down so he can face the Red Sox.

Tekijawa
05-26-2006, 11:16 AM
They moved him down so he can face the Red Sox.

He might have a chance to win then.

palehozenychicty
05-26-2006, 11:18 AM

Zzing!:D:

samram
05-26-2006, 11:21 AM

Yeah, he's the happiest guy in baseball right now.

SBSoxFan
05-26-2006, 11:42 AM
I heard they moved him so he could have an extra day to continue to recuperate from his sore forearm.

lakeviewsoxfan
05-26-2006, 11:47 AM
I am just glad the Sox don't face him on Sunday then getCaptain Cheeseburger on Monday If they go 4-3 on this trip I will be extremely happy.

LongLiveFisk
05-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Thank you, Red Sox! :D:

nedlug
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah but we do face Sabathia in Cleveland next week. He's one of the hottest pitchers in baseball right now.

http://www.bydesignportfolio.com/waste/Images/Mugatu.jpg
"I agree... so hot right now..."

Mr. White Sox
05-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Roy Halladay needs to get on the field for a full season before I believe he's one of the best pitchers in baseball. Kind of like Prior. And yes, I know he's being skipped for reasons other than injury this time, but the last two series against Toronto (last year) he was on the DL both times, I believe.

tick53
05-28-2006, 09:41 AM
A holiday without a Halladay is a good day for us!:smile:

hawkjt
05-28-2006, 09:51 AM
It is not really like they moved him back. If they have a five man rotation then monday is his turn. He pitched on tuesday and they have had three games since.

If he started that would mean they skipped a starter to move him up to face the sox. Too early to start messing with your five man rotation to get a certain matchup.

The sox have not caught many breaks on facing the best pitchers this year. Last year we did.

I hate domes. Anyone think that the shadows caused Rob to break back on that little bloop that dropped in and cost us the game?

tick53
05-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Domes completely suck! A visiting player can break their neck on that
crappy turf and I'm sure the home team players hate it too.

chisoxfanatic
05-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Halladay? I thought this was Gustavo Chacin's spot in the rotation that's being skipped due to him being on the DL!

LuzinskiFan
05-28-2006, 06:54 PM
F-the Jays for showing us no respect and holding back Halladay for the Red Sox. We rocked Tauben whatever his name is. Just like last year we won't get any respect until Bud hands Jerry the World Series trophy again.

RSN33
05-29-2006, 07:38 AM
F-the Jays for showing us no respect and holding back Halladay for the Red Sox. We rocked Tauben whatever his name is. Just like last year we won't get any respect until Bud hands Jerry the World Series trophy again.

They won on Friday and Saturday when their 4th and 5th guys (normally) were on the hill..Beating both Garcia AND Contreras - they pitched well.

Not sure why you're pining for Halladay as well when Taubenhiem's mary-go-round in the first two innings helped create a White Sox winner.

Think the Jays might be more concerned with the head-to-head matchup within their OWN division? They're only 3.5 back and play Boston extremely well.

hawkjt
05-29-2006, 11:13 AM
If Chiacin and Burnett ever do get on the mound at full strength along with Lilly,Halladay and the kid that threw on Sat. to go along with that lineup, the jays should be a serious threat to Boston and NY.

I like their everyday lineup better than either and the pitching is close.

I would not mind seeing the Jays, Sox , tigers and rangers in the AL playoffs this year.

HomeFish
05-29-2006, 11:25 AM

No. Thank the Jays from the bottom of our hearts.

Joy is to be underestimated by your enemy.

LuzinskiFan
05-29-2006, 07:44 PM
I definitely wasn't upset Halladay wasn't starting, I was elated, especially considering I was sitting 3 rows above the Sox dugout. All I meant was that we still don't get any respect, but I do understand that the Jays would want Halladay starting against their division leader rather than a team from another division.