PDA

View Full Version : Channel 5 reporter crosses the line

Chip Z'nuff
05-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Chicago Sky reporter EDIT suspended EDIT for wearing a Sky hat and shirt

Now this is how to handle a homer reporter Tribune. I will give them credit at least they reported it (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0605260252may26,1,4819479.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed).

If he does go, Baker likely won't look the same as he did during Tuesday's home opener, when he surprised some colleagues by wearing a Sky shirt and hat. And he won't be leading Sky fans in cheers during timeouts, as he did Tuesday and as he had planned to do throughout the season.

Station officials have informed Baker he no longer can serve as the Sky's in-arena host.

"There may come a time when I have to do a negative story about the Sky, and I would not want to be viewed as being in their pocket. That's Journalism 101.

chuckn98229
05-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Quote:
"There may come a time when I have to do a negative story about the Sky, and I would not want to be viewed as being in their pocket. That's Journalism 101.
All he needs to do is switch to covering the cubs - then he will NEVER have to do a negative story! Perhaps all the Chicago mediots should be required to attend a remedial course in Journalism 101.

Goose
05-26-2006, 11:22 AM
When I read this article, I was expecting that there would be some mention of Tribune-Cubs relationship...SOMETHING...but alas,the Tribune sidesteps the elephant in the livingroom.

They truly cannot think that the reader is that stupid that we don't realize the obvious, can they?