PDA

View Full Version : Old time baseball story-involves Aaron Rowand

'59SOX'05
05-25-2006, 11:35 PM
My 12 year old girl is a BIG Aaron Rowand fan. Of course she was devastated with the Thome trade. She asked me to take her to Wrigley so she could see him play. YEAH RIGHT. So 2 weeks ago I secure tickets to the Phillies - Brewers game. Right behind the Phillies dugout, first row. That night Aaron made his famous catch. The one that prevented him from being in Milwaukee.

Well we still went to the game last Thursday afternoon. Gigi got a ball from Victarrino and Bobby Abreu's batting gloves. Talked to Pat Gillick who was seated close to us and he took down our address. Today Gigi got a package from the Phillies with a personalized signature from Aaron on a postcard-sized color photo. Mr Gillick also sent a Phillies team calendar with a note asking us to "root a little for the Phillies too."

You hear everything that stinks in baseball nowadays, Gillick and Rowand made a fan for life today. (Oh yeah, the 2005 White Sox had that covered.)

TDog
05-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Aaron's a classy guy. It sounds like he plays for a classy organization.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Thome would have sent three signed photos and his 400th home run ball.

Great story. :thumbsup:

skobabe8
05-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Thats really outstanding for them to do something like that.

SBSoxFan
05-26-2006, 01:21 PM
My 12 year old girl is a BIG Aaron Rowand fan. Of course she was devastated with the Thome trade. She asked me to take her to Wrigley so she could see him play. YEAH RIGHT.

:rolling:

palehozenychicty
05-26-2006, 01:28 PM

Hiring Stand Pat Gillick was their best move, IMO, since they made the WS in '93. An executive of the gold standard.

McCuddy
05-26-2006, 01:51 PM

They did a piece on the new park - and the organization - on "Cathedrals of the Game" and you got the impression from it that they're a top-flight group.

SOXfnNlansing
05-28-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm a Phillies fan now because of A-Row being on the team.

Brian26
05-28-2006, 01:47 PM
My 12 year old girl is a BIG Aaron Rowand fan. Of course she was devastated with the Thome trade. She asked me to take her to Wrigley so she could see him play. YEAH RIGHT.

Nice :thumbsup:

beckett21
05-28-2006, 03:45 PM
After having scumbags like Barry Bonds forced down our throats for so long, it's always great to hear a story like that.

Kudos to Gillick, Rowand and the Phillies organization.

Frontman
05-29-2006, 01:14 AM
After having scumbags like Barry Bonds forced down our throats for so long, it's always great to hear a story like that.

Kudos to Gillick, Rowand and the Phillies organization.

I second that one, beckett. :gulp: