PDA

View Full Version : The WSI Active Desktop (w/Who's Online) Now Available!

FarWestChicago
02-03-2002, 01:08 AM
WSI is already availble in your Taskbar. We are now ready to invade your Desktop with the new WSI Active Desktop. This is the big brother of the Ticker.

Here are the installation instructions:

For pre-Windows XP:

Right click on some open desktop turf. Select Active Desktop. Select Customize Desktop. Select Show Web content on my Active Desktop. De-select My Current Home page. Click on New. Enter http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/wsidesktop.php in the box that appears. It will pop up on your desktop. Size it to make the arrows go away.

For Windows XP:

Right click on some clear desktop. Select properties. Select Desktop tab. Select Customize Desktop. Select Web tab. Click on New. Type in http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/wsidesktop.php. Ignore the customize thing that pops up. Then do all the OK's and Applys and stuff to close how you got there. It will pop open after loading. Size it to get rid of the scroll bars.

The WSI Active Desktop will auto refresh every two minutes. You can manually refresh by right clicking on it and selecting refresh. You are not logged in to the board using this, so the last post time is in server time (Eastern).

UPDATE: I got it converted to Central Time.

I have this running on both my work and home machines. It works quite well. :smile:

Daver
02-03-2002, 01:13 AM
I repeat,take a break it is the weekend.

I think you need more:beer

Soxheads
02-03-2002, 01:16 AM
Trying to screw us Mac users again, eh West? :smile:

Daver
02-03-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Trying to screw us Mac users again, eh West? :smile:

You can only blame yourself when you saddle a rhino.

danman31
02-03-2002, 02:09 AM
It's cool West, but my desktop has too many icons on it as is. :(:

FarWestChicago
02-03-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by danman31
It's cool West, but my desktop has too many icons on it as is. :(: I don't keep much on my desktop. All the stuff I run a lot is in the shortcut bar up top. I never have more than two columns of desktop icons. :smile:

danman31
02-03-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I don't keep much on my desktop. All the stuff I run a lot is in the shortcut bar up top. I never have more than two columns of desktop icons. :smile:
I have 7 full columns and a few more on the 8th and I just got rid of a few things!

CLR01
02-03-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by danman31

I have 7 full columns and a few more on the 8th and I just got rid of a few things!

Create a folder on your desktop and place every icon except the most used in that folder. I had like 5 rows and i did this. I now have 4 icons plus the folder and my desktop loads a lot faster on start up.

doublem23
02-03-2002, 05:27 PM
Good Lord, that's cool!

Iwritecode
02-05-2002, 04:33 PM
WSI is already availble in your Taskbar. We are now ready to invade your Desktop with the new WSI Active Desktop. This is the big brother of the Ticker.

Here are the installation instructions:

For pre-Windows XP:

Right click on some open desktop turf. Select Active Desktop. Select Customize Desktop. Select Show Web content on my Active Desktop. De-select My Current Home page. Click on New. Enter http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/wsidesktop.php in the box that appears. It will pop up on your desktop. Size it to make the arrows go away.

Maybe I'm just an idiot but I can't get this to work. I'm running Windows 95 and when I right-click on the desktop all I get is: arrange icons, line-up icons, new (folder or shortcut) and properties.

A little help please? :?:

bjmarte
02-05-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Maybe I'm just an idiot but I can't get this to work. I'm running Windows 95 and when I right-click on the desktop all I get is: arrange icons, line-up icons, new (folder or shortcut) and properties.

A little help please? :?:

You probably don't have active desktop installed. I went through this when the ticker came out on this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6457&highlight=Active+Desktop). We were talking about NT but it works the same on Win95. Read the thread and let me know if you have any questions, it really is not as involved as it sounds if you have a fast internet connection to download the installs.

FarWestChicago
02-05-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

A little help please? :?: Windows 95! :?:

Ummm, I think you can get to your active desktop through "properties". It's been a real long time since I've seen Windows 95. :smile:

CLR01
02-08-2002, 01:07 AM
Hey board dude. How about putting a list of users on line in this puppy.

FarWestChicago
02-08-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Hey board dude. How about putting a list of users on line in this puppy. Hmmm, that would be possible. I just have to hack the hack on the home page into it. I don't have time tonight, and tomorrow night Ode and I are watching the Hawks stomp the Sharks from a luxury suite in the Shark Tank. Maybe I can do it Saturday. :smile:

CLR01
02-08-2002, 01:21 AM
Hmmm, that would be possible. I just have to hack the hack on the home page into it. I don't have time tonight, and tomorrow night Ode and I are watching the Hawks stomp the Sharks from a luxury suite in the Shark Tank. Maybe I can do it Saturday. :smile:

Watch the game on TV. This hack is more important. :D:

FarWestChicago
02-08-2002, 01:24 AM

Watch the game on TV. This hack is more important. :D: Free tickets. I'm not passing these up. We're going to have people serving us, LOL!

CLR01
02-08-2002, 01:30 AM
Free tickets. I'm not passing these up. We're going to have people serving us, LOL!

Give the tickets to some underprivileged children and hire in a maid for the night. Come on west, do the right thing.

FarWestChicago
02-08-2002, 02:39 AM

Give the tickets to some underprivileged children and hire in a maid for the night. Come on west, do the right thing. OK, I don't have the formatting perfect yet, but the WSI Active Desktop now includes Who's Online information. :smile:

doublem23
02-08-2002, 04:11 PM
OK, I don't have the formatting perfect yet, but the WSI Active Desktop now includes Who's Online information. :smile:

Everyday is Christmas at WSI :smile:

FarWestChicago
02-08-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Everyday is Christmas at WSI :smile: Hey, I may be overweight and have a lot of unpigmented hair, but that doesn't mean I appreciate the Santa Claus reference. :smile: