PDA

View Full Version : Lecroi Embarressed

getonbckthr
05-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Pulled from game after 2 throwing errors and allowing 7 stolen bases in the same inning.

ilsox7
05-25-2006, 09:21 PM
I bet he was embarrassed, too.

beckett21
05-25-2006, 09:26 PM
I bet he was embarrassed, too.

Not to mention what Matt LeCroy thought of it. :tongue:

Seriously though, it looks like Frank Robinson was pretty broken up about it.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=260525120)

RKMeibalane
05-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Pulled from game after 2 throwing errors and allowing 7 stolen bases in the same inning.

You just caused kittle42 to have a stroke. I hope you're happy. :cool:

Viva Medias B's
05-25-2006, 10:10 PM
The last time I recall something like that happening is when Bobby Cox pulled Andruw Jones after the Atlanta center fielder muffed two fly balls in a row.

Chips
05-25-2006, 10:16 PM
The last time I recall something like that happening is when Bobby Cox pulled Andruw Jones after the Atlanta center fielder muffed two fly balls in a row.

I remember that game. The same thing happened to me in little league when I was playing left field. I was day dreaming about something and wasn't paying attention when two fly balls came my way and we lost the game because of it. I was embarassed as hell. I stopped day dreaming after that and my coach moved me back to position at 2nd base.

RKMeibalane
05-25-2006, 10:18 PM

Cox did something similar last week with Adam LaRoche, who took his time fielding a grounder and covering first base, which resulted in two runs scoring later in the inning. LaRoche was benched for two games following the incident, but fortunately realized his lapse in judgement and apologized publicly for what happened.

flo-B-flo
05-25-2006, 10:59 PM
I remember that game. The same thing happened to me in little league when I was playing left field. I was day dreaming about something and wasn't paying attention when two fly balls came my way and we lost the game because of it. I was embarassed as hell. I stopped day dreaming after that and my coach moved me back to position at 2nd base. So you sucked in the outfield.:smile: That had to be torture for F Robinson to do. Baseball is cruel. And uplifting.

Chips
05-25-2006, 11:04 PM
So you sucked in the outfield.:smile: That had to be torture for F Robinson to do. Baseball is cruel. And uplifting.

Especially when I didn't pay attention. It was just one of those bad games.

I defintely enjoyed the infield more, and did a good job at it.

kittle42
05-25-2006, 11:36 PM
You just caused kittle42 to have a stroke. I hope you're happy. :cool:

Seriously, take some time to spell correctly. Lecroi????

VivaOzzie
05-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Actually 4 stolen bases and 1 throwing error in the same inning. 7 SB and 2 errors total. Strangely enough, only 1 run scored in that inning.

At first, I couldn't believe that the Astros would put it to a guy like that...but then I saw that they still lost. Imagine how nasty the final score would be if the Sox stole 7 in a game. I'd bet we would score more than 5 runs...

Chips
05-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Seriously, take some time to spell correctly. Lecroi????

Not to mention, it's "embarrassed," not "embarressed."

getonbckthr
05-26-2006, 12:45 AM
I've had a bad spelling day today.

ilsox7
05-26-2006, 12:46 AM
I've had a bad spelling day today.

Also, it's "back" and "there." :cool:

getonbckthr
05-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Also, it's "back" and "there." :cool:
Kind of like Illinois and White Sox.:D:

Baby Fisk
05-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Seriously though, it looks like Frank Robinson was pretty broken up about it.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=260525120)
Wow, has a manager ever broken down like that during a news conference before?

1951Campbell
05-26-2006, 09:09 AM
And who should take over for LeCroy but...Robert Fick!

Baby Fisk
05-26-2006, 09:30 AM
And who should take over for LeCroy but...Robert Fick!
Haha, no wonder Robinson was in tears.

itsnotrequired
05-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Wow, has a manager ever broken down like that during a news conference before?

Yes. On last night's Baseball Tonight, Kurkjian said he has seen it before. In fact, he said it isn't the first time for Robinson.

Jerko
05-26-2006, 11:09 AM
http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/images/content/eagles/010706-dick.jpg

"At least i cry over football, not that wimpy baseball sport"

soxfanatlanta
05-26-2006, 11:11 AM
<snip>

"At least i cry over football, not that wimpy baseball sport"

Damn, you beat me to it. :tongue:

ma-gaga
05-26-2006, 11:23 AM
I feel really bad for LeCroy. He's one of my all-time favorite players, but he should never play any other position but first base. He's just so completely wrong at catcher.

Imagine how nasty the final score would be if the Sox stole 7 in a game. I'd bet we would score more than 5 runs...

That's because the Sox hit homeruns. :cool:

Hangar18
05-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Whats lost in all of this is the CLASS of Matt LeCroy. He didnt get mad
and Sucker Punch Robinson in the face. He didnt Sucker Punch any of the Astro runners either. Michael Barrett? He had words for Dave Roberts who dared to show him up and steal 3rd.

Michael Barrett wouldve punched ONE ASTRO Guaranteed

CHISOXFAN13
05-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Whats lost in all of this is the CLASS of Matt LeCroy. He didnt get mad
and Sucker Punch Robinson in the face. He didnt Sucker Punch any of the Astro runners either. Michael Barrett? He had words for Dave Roberts who dared to show him up and steal 3rd.

Michael Barrett wouldve punched ONE ASTRO Guaranteed

LeCroy would have missed his target.
:D:

chaerulez
05-26-2006, 11:35 AM

That situation was kind of different I think, because Jones wasn't hustling towards the balls and just kind of walking over and picking up the ball after it dropped. Cox had enough and pulled him for lack of effort. Robinson didn't want to pull LeCroy, but he felt he had no choice.

SBSoxFan
05-26-2006, 12:27 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. Everyone knows runners steal bases on the pitcher!