PDA

View Full Version : Alex Cintron

bigredrudy
05-25-2006, 07:31 PM
I am not impressed with this guy at all. I can understand why Arizona virtually gave him away. He can't field, can't throw, and is not fast. And he is very impatient at the plate. He has drawn one walk so far. And I forgot he has no power. Pedro Lopez is a better fielder and can swing wildly just like Cintron can. And Pedro woud not complain about a lack of playing time. But I do like Rob M. He can run and he can throw. And he hustles. He has not looked that great in center but he has not played center all that much having played all over the place in the past years. He could improve if he played in the outfield all the time which is apparently the plan.

santo=dorf
05-25-2006, 07:39 PM
No offense old timer, but are you ever happy with any of our minor leaguers or major leaguers? :?:

The guy was acquired for a AAAA 28 year old. He could probably be a starting SS on a few teams as well.

SoxSpeed22
05-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Cintron has done what Ozzie has asked him to, that is field the position, get people over, and sometimes in and be a serviceable utility infielder. That said, this is the second thread you have of badmouthing a Sox player while we're at our high point so far. Yeah, you're not a troll, but you're not making a good case to be a regular here.

MarySwiss
05-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Okay, so you don't like Garland and you don't like Cintron. Sorry!

Nice to hear that you at least like Rob. FWIW, I like the whole damn team.

skobabe8
05-25-2006, 07:53 PM
This thread sucks (thumb down)

Chips
05-25-2006, 07:56 PM
:threadblows:

Cintron is batting .260, not bad for a guy who doesn't play everyday. So he only has one walk, he's does fine in the field. Do you like anyone of the team?

pdimas
05-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Like my buddy Nick says once we hit the all star break we will begin to see the benefits of having a deep bench this year when you take into account the banning of amphetamines this year. It is going to make a pretty big difference. Kenny is a smart guy that is why picking up the two super subs was such a big deal.

oeo
05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
I am not impressed with this guy at all. I can understand why Arizona virtually gave him away. He can't field, can't throw, and is not fast. And he is very impatient at the plate. He has drawn one walk so far. And I forgot he has no power. Pedro Lopez is a better fielder and can swing wildly just like Cintron can. And Pedro woud not complain about a lack of playing time. But I do like Rob M. He can run and he can throw. And he hustles. He has not looked that great in center but he has not played center all that much having played all over the place in the past years. He could improve if he played in the outfield all the time which is apparently the plan.

Did I miss something? Cintron is complaining about lack of playing time?? Mackowiak has been given a lot more time to get into a groove, give Cintron some time as well. Don't jump on his case because he's struggling...

RealMenWearBlack
05-25-2006, 08:35 PM
He's certainly doing better than Uribe right now. My expectations were low for Cintron coming into the year, and so far he has met my expectations.

IlliniSox4Life
05-25-2006, 09:12 PM
:dtroll:

Grow up and stop whining.

Seriously, we have the second best record in baseball right now. How bad can our guys be doing? Kenny has put together an excellent team and gotten great value for every player and every dollar. I'd rather have Miguel Tejada on our bench, but that's just not possible.

***** :rolleyes:

JUribe1989
05-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Cintron was an unbelievable acquisition considering we only had to give up Bajenaru. You have got to be kidding me, right?

Chips
05-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Cintron was an unbelievable acquisition considering we only had to give up Bajenaru. You have got to be kidding me, right?

Bajenaru is a busted leg. He wouldn't have made the roster anyway. It was a great move by KW.

CLR01
05-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Friday May 26th 2006

bigredrudy:

"I am not impressed with Thome and I don't know why anyone else is either. He is certainly no Pujols."

SoxFan76
05-25-2006, 09:40 PM

I'll give you one thing. You're smarter than the average troll. Most people truly believe you're that old. :rolleyes:

Quit eating the glue and grow up.

Brian26
05-25-2006, 09:47 PM

Grow up and stop whining.

And the man's profile says that he was born in 1933. You're telling a 73 year old guy to grow up. This thread is crazy.

SOecks
05-25-2006, 10:13 PM
This is an obvious :dtroll:, so can we please get this guy out of here along with his asinine threads? If there's a legit concern on the team I'm all about discussing it, but this guy is obviously here just to start crap.

bigredrudy
05-25-2006, 10:15 PM
I like most of the Sox players-actually almost all of them. I just don't think Garland has better stuff than McCarthy. If the Sox trade Garland I don't think the Sox will get a whole lot. I was surprised that Cintron did not have better tools. Uribe is a better player than he is.

SOecks
05-25-2006, 10:21 PM
I like most of the Sox players-actually almost all of them. I just don't think Garland has better stuff than McCarthy. If the Sox trade Garland I don't think the Sox will get a whole lot. It's pointless anyways because he has a no trade clause, but why the hell would you want to get rid of one of the best 4th or 5th starters in the league right now? Depth is key. I was surprised that Cintron did not have better tools. Uribe is a better player than he is. What the hell did you expect? He was brought in to back up Uribe and Iguchi. Since he's a BACKUP why would you think he'd be better than Uribe. Uribe SHOULD be better than him.

I really don't understand what you expect from a utility infielder that we got for pretty much nothing and has contributed a lot so far and will even more as the season wears on and guys get tired. You expect to have a roster of All Stars on the field and on the bench, all gold glove caliber? You do realize we have some of the best value talent if not THE BEST in the league right now right? What's up with the constant complaining?

Chips
05-25-2006, 10:23 PM
I like most of the Sox players-actually almost all of them. I just don't think Garland has better stuff than McCarthy. If the Sox trade Garland I don't think the Sox will get a whole lot. I was surprised that Cintron did not have better tools. Uribe is a better player than he is.

That's why Uribe ****ing starts.

drewcifer
05-25-2006, 10:31 PM
I saw your initial post, before anybody had responded to it, and I must admit I'm quite surprised it's occupied 2 pages.

And even with all that text, I still don't see your point or a suggestion.

Maybe some Geritol and a warm bath will help.

P.S. - When I'm 72, I hope to be concerned with things much more important than utility baseball players for the White Sox.

Brian26
05-25-2006, 10:37 PM
P.S. - When I'm 72, I hope to be concerned with things much more important than utility baseball players for the White Sox.

All of us have more important things to be concerned with. This place is just a momentary distraction during the day to take our minds off the bigger picture of life. So, cut this guy some slack.

Also, a lot of people from his generation are computer illiterate, so I give him props for figuring this out and posting here.

jabrch
05-25-2006, 10:41 PM
If our backup SS/2B is your biggest problem, then we are in damn good shape.

DSpivack
05-25-2006, 10:54 PM
I really don't understand what you expect from a utility infielder that we got for pretty much nothing and has contributed a lot so far and will even more as the season wears on and guys get tired. You expect to have a roster of All Stars on the field and on the bench, all gold glove caliber? You do realize we have some of the best value talent if not THE BEST in the game right now right? What's up with the constant complaining?

There, I fixed it for ya. :wink:

drewcifer
05-25-2006, 11:04 PM
All of us have more important things to be concerned with. This place is just a momentary distraction during the day to take our minds off the bigger picture of life. So, cut this guy some slack.

Also, a lot of people from his generation are computer illiterate, so I give him props for figuring this out and posting here.
Oh please.... quote me and make me out to be a bad guy for a meandering thread start.... :rolleyes:

thomas35forever
05-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Here's a question for you to consider: Alex Cintron or Chris Snopek?

IlliniSox4Life
05-25-2006, 11:45 PM

I seriously doubt this guy is actually 70+ years old.

gosox3072
05-26-2006, 12:19 AM
bigredrudy, repeat after me---world series champions world series champions world series champions....ull feel better about our entire team

StockdaleForVeep
05-26-2006, 12:33 AM
And the man's profile says that he was born in 1933. You're telling a 73 year old guy to grow up. This thread is crazy.

He did also say to quit eating glue

Hey, uribe was bitched about when we got him from colorado for being a crap hitter and nothing special at fielding, no one is complaining now.....well i still am, i havent liked his swing since day one, and i will continue to dislike it.

PicktoCLick72
05-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Where's mekon when you need him?