PDA

View Full Version : A good answer for putting Thome on All-Star roster?

woodsdavid
05-25-2006, 03:48 PM
I've seen some suggestions here and there, but there needs to be a definitive answer on how Sox fans can put Thome on the all-star roster.

I don't have it: I've been putting Thome's name in the write-in as an OF so I don't have to split votes w/ Paulie (sorry BA).

But someone has to have the perfect answer to get him on via voting...

Ol' No. 2
05-25-2006, 03:52 PM
I've seen some suggestions here and there, but there needs to be a definitive answer on how Sox fans can put Thome on the all-star roster.

I don't have it: I've been putting Thome's name in the write-in as an OF so I don't have to split votes w/ Paulie (sorry BA).

But someone has to have the perfect answer to get him on via voting...Forget it. You're not going to get him in by writing him in. But I think it's very likely he'll get voted in by the players. If not, there's a very good chance Ozzie will put him on the team if he can.

CPditka
05-25-2006, 03:58 PM
I agree that theres no way a write in will make it, even if it is Mr. Incredible. Dont write him in @ 1st what ever you do. What I did was write him in @ OF, if anything it might raise a few eyebrows if he gets a lot of write ins, but it wont "do" anything. Dont take away from any of our players that actually have a shot.

mrfourni
05-25-2006, 04:08 PM
With more fans attending the games this year do we actually have a chance of voting people to the All Star Team this year?

I hate all-star voting popularity contests. If fans vote on All-Stars, the game should not count.

fuzzy_patters
05-25-2006, 04:25 PM
With more fans attending the games this year do we actually have a chance of voting people to the All Star Team this year?

I hate all-star voting popularity contests. If fans vote on All-Stars, the game should not count.

I agree about All-Star voting. I do not personally know any fans that are happy with it. Most people would rather see the actual stars of the league rather than the winners of a popularity contest, and yet, they say the voting is for the fans. It makes no sense. I think they let the fans vote so that they have someone else to blame when deserving players get left off the teams.

zach23
05-25-2006, 07:30 PM
If it comes down to it, isn't there that last roster sport voted by the fans? It got Pods in last year and would get Thome in this year.

rowand33
05-25-2006, 07:36 PM
I'd say just vote for Konerko at 1B. There's no way that Thome doesn't make it as a reserve when he leads the league in HR and RBI.

TDog
05-25-2006, 08:37 PM
I'd say just vote for Konerko at 1B. There's no way that Thome doesn't make it as a reserve when he leads the league in HR and RBI.

It's not like he's Hank Greenburg.

Frater Perdurabo
05-25-2006, 10:00 PM
What I did was write him in @ OF, if anything it might raise a few eyebrows if he gets a lot of write ins, but it wont "do" anything. Dont take away from any of our players that actually have a shot.

Well, since Pods and Dye both are doing very well, I guess Thome will have to start in CF for the All-Star game!
:tongue:

StockdaleForVeep
05-25-2006, 11:38 PM

But someone has to have the perfect answer to get him on via voting...
Can u legitimately tell me WHY anderson should even be considered as an all star rep? Also, technically Konerko shouldnt make it vote wise if u look at numbers, for him it should be hafner.

Dont turn this into yankee\boston garbage that you just blindly vote for your team. People who make the all star game should show the numbers for it, not cuz u like him

Id simply be happy if Thomas would make the HR derby since they have established you dont need to be in the ASG to participate.

Nellie_Fox
05-26-2006, 12:11 AM
It's not like he's Hank Greenburg.Or Hank Greenberg, for that matter.

LuvSox
05-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Or Hank Greenberg, for that matter.

You beat me to it! :D:

TDog
05-26-2006, 03:45 AM
Or Hank Greenberg, for that matter.

At least I didn't misspell Schaumberg.

Of course, the berg probably had a lot to do with Hank Greenberg not making the All-Star team the year he had 100 RBIs at the break.