PDA

View Full Version : Story for Hangar

maurice
05-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Mrs./Dr. Maurice and I walked into a Loop restaurant yesterday and noticed that, inexplicably, the only TV in the house was tuned to the Yankees/FauxSox game. The real Sox were in the midst of a tight game with the A's, and the Cubs already had been swept by the Fish earlier that day. The following conversation ensued:

host: Table for two?
maurice: Why don't you have the Sox game on?
host: We do it according to the first person who asks and then don't change it. Our TV policy is first-come, first-served.
maurice: That would be fine if we were in NY or Boston, but this is Chicago.
host: I can ask.
maurice: Okay.
host: [walking toward the dining room and not the TV] So table for two then?
maurice: [continuing to stand still at the host stand] I thought you were going to ask.

Within 60 seconds, he changed the channel and we consented to give them our business.
:gulp:

Dan Mega
05-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Way to lay the smack down!

CashMan
05-25-2006, 04:38 PM
As I do see your point, I do think that is said that you would not dine there, if the sox game wasn't on.

cbotnyse
05-25-2006, 04:45 PM
I recently had the same problem at ESPN Zone downtown......It was a few weeks ago and it was a Thursday day game.....I went there and they had a soccer game on the big screen in the main room upstairs.....The Sox game was only one of a few on that day so I had to ask to put the game on....conversation went something like this

me: why isnt the Sox game on the main screen?

host: it's a very important soccer game on right now

me: important for what country?

host: :?:

me: can you put the Sox game on instead of some far off soccer game?

I then turned around and left.

Meixner007
05-25-2006, 04:48 PM
I recently had the same problem at ESPN Zone downtown......

That was your first mistake my friend.

cbotnyse
05-25-2006, 04:51 PM
That was your first mistake my friend.

I know, but the manager or whoever has the clicker must be from Chicago and have a clue??? that place is right in the middle of downtown Chicago and Chicago sporting events should have priority.....it really makes me mad :angry:

Hangar18
05-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Good job. Sox fans have money to spend too, only difference between us and them is we LIKE to watch Winning Baseball

1951Campbell
05-25-2006, 05:18 PM
me: why isnt the Sox game on the main screen?

host: it's a very important soccer game on right now

me: can you put the Sox game on instead of some far off soccer game?

"This match will decide which is the greatest nation in the world--Mexico or Portugal!"

soxfan1983
05-25-2006, 05:23 PM
i had a similar problem in VEGAS at the BELLAGIO of all places! They didn't have the sox game on any of their 20 TV's.... turns out the game was on WCIU and their satellite doesn't carry that channel. this brings up something that has bothered me for a long time. the sox need to get off of WCIU asap. when i was down at school at Illinois State University (Bloomington-Normal) none of the cable services carried WCIU. the last 4 years were very frustrating!

WizardsofOzzie
05-25-2006, 05:33 PM
i had a similar problem in VEGAS at the BELLAGIO of all places! They didn't have the sox game on any of their 20 TV's.... turns out the game was on WCIU and their satellite doesn't carry that channel. this brings up something that has bothered me for a long time. the sox need to get off of WCIU asap. when i was down at school at Illinois State University (Bloomington-Normal) none of the cable services carried WCIU. the last 4 years were very frustrating!

Im down in central indiana and can't get WCIU. And to top that i can only get Comcast Sportsnet if i go to direct tv. sheeeeesh

CashMan
05-25-2006, 05:41 PM
I agree, WCIU is like a step down from College TV!

IlliniSox4Life
05-25-2006, 06:37 PM
I actually like WCIU because I don't have CSN, and the WCIU and WGN games are the only ones I get to watch.

I have had similar experiences going into different places for lunch. If there is a day game on, I tend to like to go out to a sports bar/restaraunt for lunch to catch the game. Unfortunately, I have often had to ask them to change the channel on at least one of their television off of whatever stupid thing is on. It usually takes FOREVER for it to happen. I might have to start walking out if it doesn't. There are other places that have as good, if not better food - I give them my business because they should have my team's game on, and if they aren't going to have it on for 15-20 minutes into my time there, there's no reason I should stay.

miker
05-26-2006, 08:34 PM
I agree, WCIU is like a step down from College TV!
I could get better reception and programming on my college station...

champagne030
05-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I could get better reception and programming on my college station..."

The 'P-U' is an abomination!!!!!!!!! Try watching High-Def and then go to that steaming piece of poo.

RealMenWearBlack
05-27-2006, 04:35 PM

Important for ESPN's ratings. That has to be the reason it was on if the game was on ESPN.