PDA

View Full Version : The Wave??

balz1472
05-25-2006, 12:27 PM
So... who is happy that we have gone to the same level as those drinking the Cubbie Coolaid these days? Anyone there last night would've seen the WAVE go around the stadium during one of the biggest moments of the game. I understand it if the game is out of hand, but when the game is on the line and all people care about is screaming about the f'n wave... that is B/S. I honestly feel that that 8th inning wouldn't have been so bad if our "fans" didn't get in our own pitchers heads!!!!

Any other thoughts???

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ode to veeck
05-25-2006, 12:32 PM
The wave sucks pure and simple

chisoxmike
05-25-2006, 12:32 PM
It was a embarrassing day for Sox fans.

itsnotrequired
05-25-2006, 12:33 PM
I agree with the poor timing of the wave last night but could give two hoots about it in other cases. There is always a lot of whining on WSI after a game where the wave shows up and it sort of cracks me up. People throw out excuses like "we don't do that on the South Side". Really? I saw at least 3/4 of the stadium playing along last night. Sure, there are casual/bandwagon fans in attendance but not 29,000 of them...

tebman
05-25-2006, 12:41 PM
I was in the upper deck last night when the wave madness started, and tried in vain to tell people that there was a game going on. Bad timing, to be sure. The game was close, the A's were threatening, and too many people got caught up in playing along with wave generation.

The wave, beach balls, and other distractions make me crazy when the game is providing real excitement. The people in the seats who instigate these things should do something more productive -- maybe another "Hands Across America" stunt.

Chips
05-25-2006, 12:47 PM
The wave rules!

FRANK FORT
05-25-2006, 12:48 PM
YEAH!! Those losers that organized "Hands Across America" only managed to raise a paltry 20 million dollars for the hungry and homeless. What a dumb stunt that was.

batmanZoSo
I was in the upper deck last night when the wave madness started, and tried in vain to tell people that there was a game going on. Bad timing, to be sure. The game was close, the A's were threatening, and too many people got caught up in playing along with wave generation.

The wave, beach balls, and other distractions make me crazy when the game is providing real excitement. The people in the seats who instigate these things should do something more productive -- maybe another "Hands Across America" stunt.

It was just bad timing. I can live with it if it's a blowout. The thing is it was a critical part of the game and the rush of noise is irritating especially in a time like that. And most people around me were very concerned with that so there was a lot of yelling and stuff.

Gremlin3
It made me sick when I saw that on tv last night. The wave does not belong.

Chip Z'nuff
05-25-2006, 12:51 PM
if we could just stand for the whole game then there will be no more waves

tebman
YEAH!! Those losers that organized "Hands Across America" only managed to raise a paltry 20 million dollars for the hungry and homeless. What a dumb stunt that was.
Hence my reference to it as "something more productive." No teal.

Shakey Bonez
Oh my God - the high pedistals you people put yourselves on!

What happened to FUN and ENJOYMENT. Harold tossed a baseball to a girl in front of me on a foulball - shouldn't he have been 100% focused on the situation at hand instead of scanning the crowd?

Do you really think any players were distracted by the wave? The same way it bothers free throw shooters, or place kickers?

2 years ago on a Wednesday night there wouldn't have even been enough people on the lower level to get the wave started! If you don't like it - don't do it, and be the crotchity man yelling at everyone around you for doing something THEY enjoy - because you are a "true" White Sox fan and the wave is something below you.

The Sox have spent MILLIONS to get people into the park, and make it fun and fan friendly. THOSE PEOPLE PAY THE PLAYERS, LET THEM DO THE WAVE. You are not important enough to make all those people sit down and shut up.

bigsqwert
05-25-2006, 12:52 PM
What was equally annoying is that a large number of people got up and left the game after the Sox were retired in order in the bottom of the 8th. The score was 3-2 with the A's 9-1-2 hitters coming up in the 9th. Hell, it wasn't like the game was dragging. It was only 9:30 at that point. Embarassing.

minutia
There was a wave on Tuesday night too, at a big moment in the game too. It was in the 8th inning. It seemed to start in the Jim Shorts seats of the upper deck. I was mortified and I said something reminding those around me that there was a game going on and that they were in the wrong park for that stuff and the Cubbie, jerk and his friends that were sitting in front of me informed me that they don't do te wave at Wrigley. He was very defensive, put his face right at the brim of my cap like he wanted to fight me or something.

Chicken Dinner
The only place a wave belongs is at the beach!

itsnotrequired
05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
if we could just stand for the whole game then there will be no more waves

Then people would just do the Cave In where people sit down and stand up as the movement swirls around the stadium.

:redneck

itsnotrequired
05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
There was a wave on Tuesday night too, at a big moment in the game too. It was in the 8th inning. It seemed to start in the Jim Shorts seats of the upper deck. I was mortified and I said something reminding those around me that there was a game going on and that they were in the wrong park for that stuff and the Cubbie, jerk and his friends that were sitting in front of me informed me that they don't do te wave at Wrigley. He was very defensive, put his face right at the brim of my cap like he wanted to fight me or something.

A near fight over the wave?

:rolleyes:

FRANK FORT
05-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Hence my reference to it as "something more productive." No teal.

Hence you referring to it as "a stunt". Stunt just never seems to really convey a meaning of being worthwhile.

minutia
05-25-2006, 01:01 PM
A near fight over the wave?

No, I was not about to fight over it but I said something to the people I was with and he got right in my face about it. Very silly. What I said was not even inflamatory, just simply that there is a game going on we don't do that here. I have never seen the wave there and I have been going regularly to Sox games for over 20 years.

sodfatherjunior
05-25-2006, 01:21 PM
I despise the wave. I recently experienced during the Sox/Twins game in Minneapolis during the Friday night game. Sox were down 7-0 at the point in which the wave began angering me,my dad, and my older brother. Twins fans around us were embarrassed of it happening in their stadium. Apparently Paul Konerko hates the wave too b/c he instantly ended the wave with a solo bomb to left field.

Garland_IS_God
05-25-2006, 01:26 PM
I was in the patio area and was telling everybody to sit down as they got up to participate in the wave. About 95% of the people around me told me to shut up. I dont understand it!! At a football game maybe, but not in baseball.

salty99
05-25-2006, 01:40 PM
I also don't like the wave but know alot of people who do including Brian26. Seriously though alot of fans and kids love it and they pay money to get into the game, but they shouldn't be doing it and getting in the way of the game at a crucial point.

SweetnesSox
05-25-2006, 01:50 PM
oh great another wave thread... WHO CARES its just people standing up. it happens across america. let it go. move on.

chidonez
05-25-2006, 01:55 PM
In other news: I believe this was the first complete series sellout for the Sox. I guess the wave just comes with the territory.

Dolanski
05-25-2006, 02:02 PM
People complained when the park was empty. Now they complain about the fans at the park when it is full. How about people quit bitching and just enjoy watching the defending world champs.

SOXandILLINI
05-25-2006, 02:04 PM
i was in section 145 last night, and when the wave got to my section i stood up and gave it the double bird.... i hate the wave.

Vince
05-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Oh my God - the high pedistals you people put yourselves on!

What happened to FUN and ENJOYMENT. Harold tossed a baseball to a girl in front of me on a foulball - shouldn't he have been 100% focused on the situation at hand instead of scanning the crowd?

Do you really think any players were distracted by the wave? The same way it bothers free throw shooters, or place kickers?

2 years ago on a Wednesday night there wouldn't have even been enough people on the lower level to get the wave started! If you don't like it - don't do it, and be the crotchity man yelling at everyone around you for doing something THEY enjoy - because you are a "true" White Sox fan and the wave is something below you.

The Sox have spent MILLIONS to get people into the park, and make it fun and fan friendly. THOSE PEOPLE PAY THE PLAYERS, LET THEM DO THE WAVE. You are not important enough to make all those people sit down and shut up.

Amen.

Max Power
05-25-2006, 04:51 PM
What was equally annoying is that a large number of people got up and left the game after the Sox were retired in order in the bottom of the 8th. The score was 3-2 with the A's 9-1-2 hitters coming up in the 9th. Hell, it wasn't like the game was dragging. It was only 9:30 at that point. Embarassing.

I don't get people like that. You sit through 8 innings and then leave before the most exciting part? Yet I see people like that at every game and every stadium. Doesn't make sense to me.

batmanZoSo
05-25-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't get people like that. You sit through 8 innings and then leave before the most exciting part? Yet I see people like that at every game and every stadium. Doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah, I noticed that last night...there's always a mini-mass exodus after the eighth inning. My dad was always like that. I heard many a great comeback on WMAQ on the ride home :rolleyes:

http://www.makethemaccountable.com/podvin/images/Festivus1FrankCostanza.JPG
Let's go we gotta beat the traffic!

kninchicago
05-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Personally I don't see how watching people stand and then sit is considered "fun and exciting". Particularly when you do it over and over and over like last night's game. Honestly it made the crowd look like a bunch of simpletons.

skobabe8
05-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I noticed that last night...there's always a mini-mass exodus after the eighth inning. My dad was always like that. I heard many a great comeback on WMAQ on the ride home :rolleyes:

http://www.makethemaccountable.com/podvin/images/Festivus1FrankCostanza.JPG
Let's go we gotta beat the traffic!

Thats something I'll NEVER understand and I'll NEVER do to my kids. Why leave a game in the last inning to be able to get home 10 minutes earlier???

As far as the wave, I hate it and hated when I noticed the geniuses in the right field corner try to start it. Meanwhile, the A's are rallying. If you think its fun and awesome to stand up, throw up your hands, and yell like a 16 year old girl, be my guest. But know that (especially if you are an older male) you look like a dope.

whtsx1959
05-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Luckily I was in the 1st row last night (UD) so i was not affected. It was at the absolute worst possible time, but I did enjoy how for revolution the LD was going Clockwise and the UD managed to reverse and go counter-clockwise!

SoxFan76
05-25-2006, 06:06 PM
I didn't even read the whole thread because I need to put in my 2 cents. I was in 527 (I'm the guy who screamed "I'm trying to watch a game here!") and I have never been so embarassed at a Sox game in my life. It wasn't just the wave, but the timing of the wave. It was at a critical point of the game and it wouldn't stop! Do it once, get your jollies in, be done with it. For Christ's sake, they didn't stop! We need a new grinder rule.

Grinder Rule #1235653443

Don't do the wave.

Forgive my lack of creativity, I'm pissed off just thinking about it!

chisoxfanatic
05-25-2006, 09:01 PM
In other news: I believe this was the first complete series sellout for the Sox. I guess the wave just comes with the territory.

The Sox have sold out entire series before. This was the first time the Sox had sold out an entire homestand.

KnightSox
05-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I was at the game Tuesday night, club level 352. As if it wasn't bad enough that the goofs in the upper deck were starting the wave, they decided that it was time to take their shoes off and throw them over. When I say "goofs' I mean the bandwagon jumpers, we all know the difference. I could care less if the park is full, I was fine when we had 20,000 and didn't have to worry about objects from above.

Chips
05-25-2006, 10:27 PM
I was at the game Tuesday night, club level 352. As if it wasn't bad enough that the goofs in the upper deck were starting the wave, they decided that it was time to take their shoes off and throw them over. When I say "goofs' I mean the bandwagon jumpers, we all know the difference. I could care less if the park is full, I was fine when we had 20,000 and didn't have to worry about objects from above.

I can't phatom why anyone would take their shoes off at a game and then throw them.:?:

KnightSox
05-25-2006, 10:33 PM
I can't phatom why anyone would take their shoes off at a game and then throw them.:?:The intoxicated individuals sitting in 558 seemed to be enjoying it, three shoes made it over the side before security arrived.

gosox3072
05-25-2006, 11:12 PM
I gotta agree with chips on this one, Michigan Stadium is the only place where the wave looks cool......u really gotta see that once in your life, its pretty cool

Lorenzo Barcelo
05-25-2006, 11:32 PM

Yeah, I was in section 557 (sadly, but at least I was there) and then saw some shoes fly down to the left of me. This is where the wave started in the UD... Of course both shoes were thrown down. The person who did it tried to get away by trying to sit in my section. Lets just say we didn't let me get away with that one....We quickly showed security the *******!

dcb56
05-26-2006, 01:33 AM
I was in the patio area and was telling everybody to sit down as they got up to participate in the wave. About 95% of the people around me told me to shut up. I dont understand it!! At a football game maybe, but not in baseball.

Yeah, I can't imagine why a bunch of stragners told you to **** off after you informed them that you didn't approve of their behavior. :rolleyes:

I dislike the wave as much as the rest of you guys, but there's really nothing we as individual fans can do to stop it besides not participate, that is unless we all petition an alderman to sponsor an ordinance that would ban the wave inside all public buildings.

Nellie_Fox
05-26-2006, 02:24 AM
Thats something I'll NEVER understand and I'll NEVER do to my kids. Why leave a game in the last inning to be able to get home 10 minutes earlier???If you're worried about getting home a little earlier, then stay home. You'll really beat the traffic that way. I've never left a game early. Okay, once, when my son was four years old, and it was the second game of a double header, and it was 40 degrees, and he was crying, but otherwise, never.

The wave sucks. Period. It always has, always will. How come so many people defending it have join dates of Oct 2005?

FRANK FORT
05-26-2006, 08:29 AM
I've been a Sox fan for over 24 years and I'll defend people's right to do the wave. Do you really care that much? If people are having fun and enjoying themselves, what is it to you? It doesn't hurt you. Mind your own business, stop telling others what they should or shouldn't do, watch the game. I also think it's counterproductive to start questioning people because they haven't been a member here for however many years. Last time I checked, registering for WSI wasn't a prerequisite for liking the Sox. For the record, I don't participate in the wave. However, if it makes people happy, especially little kids, so be it. Some people have to have something to complain about. I suppose if it wasn't the wave, then the cheese on your nacho's wouldn't be hot enough, or your seat not angled perfectly, etc. IT's enough already.

batmanZoSo
05-26-2006, 08:36 AM
If you're worried about getting home a little earlier, then stay home. You'll really beat the traffic that way. I've never left a game early. Okay, once, when my son was four years old, and it was the second game of a double header, and it was 40 degrees, and he was crying, but otherwise, never.

The wave sucks. Period. It always has, always will. How come so many people defending it have join dates of Oct 2005?

You always hear the same arguments, like who cares if people are enjoying themselves, it doesn't bother you, etc. Yes it does, that's the point. :rolleyes:

Mr.1Dog
05-26-2006, 08:47 AM
I was at the game Wednesday night and as the wave is going on, Dye gets a routine fly ball and drops it as we all know. Everyone was consumed with doing this wave and cheering that he could not here Rob or Rob could not hear JD calling for the ball. The ball was dropped costing the Sox a run. Had there not been that pesky wave going down, that ball would have been caught avoiding added pressure to the Sox...:angry:

itsnotrequired
05-26-2006, 08:54 AM
I was at the game Wednesday night and as the wave is going on, Dye gets a routine fly ball and drops it as we all know. Everyone was consumed with doing this wave and cheering that he could not here Rob or Rob could not hear JD calling for the ball. The ball was dropped costing the Sox a run. Had there not been that pesky wave going down, that ball would have been caught avoiding added pressure to the Sox...:angry:

Please.

1. To say "everyone" was consumed by the wave is nonsense.

2. It certainly looked like there was a communication issue between Rob and JD but to blame it on the wave is silly.

3. Chavez was on third at the time and the ball was deep enough that he would have tagged and scored anyway. It certainly cost the Sox an out but it didn't cost the Sox a run.

4. If the "pesky wave" is such a distraction to a player that they will commit errors, then that player needs to be benched.

jenn2080
05-26-2006, 09:23 AM
I was looking for sharp objects during the wave. Wave away if we are smokin a team, but who the hell starts the wave when we are up by 1 at the end of the game. This wave stuff needs to STOP! :angry:

It is so dumb. If you are bored at a game then dont go...talk a walk i dont care but starting the wave is WACK!

jenn2080
05-26-2006, 09:25 AM
I didn't even read the whole thread because I need to put in my 2 cents. I was in 527 (I'm the guy who screamed "I'm trying to watch a game here!") and I have never been so embarassed at a Sox game in my life. It wasn't just the wave, but the timing of the wave. It was at a critical point of the game and it wouldn't stop! Do it once, get your jollies in, be done with it. For Christ's sake, they didn't stop! We need a new grinder rule.

Grinder Rule #1235653443

Don't do the wave.

Forgive my lack of creativity, I'm pissed off just thinking about it!

I hear ya! We were in the bleachers and we ended up moving to the back of the aisle because we could not see a damn thing. Im tired of this wave ****!

Dolanski
05-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Hate it or not, how about some food for thought. Imagine you are a kid, and this is your first ballgame. You are excited and soak in everything. They start doing the wave, something you can participate in, which give you a good feeling. Then some middle aged jerk starts screaming at you to stop it. Call it a sure fire way to make a Cub fan for life.

Seriously, why do you any of you care? Its a baseball game. Enjoy it. It seems the people who do the wave were. What were you doing? Yelling about it, bitching about it, etc. Shut up and deal. Be happy your team is doing well enough to have a park full of people to do the wave. I am much happier to come to a full ballpark. The atmosphere is awesome this year, wave or not.

For the record, I don't really care for the wave. And for all the die hard "I am so embarrassed by the wave" guys, I spent 9 years in Boston and at just about every single Red Sox game I went to (except Yankee games because people were too busy getting into fights in the stand) , they did the wave. And, no disrespect to Sox fans, Red Sox fans are pretty hardcore and intense about the game.

jenn2080
05-26-2006, 10:04 AM
This is alittle extreme and I think you are missing the point. YES THE WAVE SUCKS and I HATE IT. If you consider doing the wave in the 8th inning with the score 3-2 fun and a good idea then you are nuts. I could care less how cool a kid thinks it is. IF they want entertainment and something to participate in then go to the fundamentals deck. Who the hell participates in something at a baseball game. THe only participation we take part in is cheering our team on. I dont consider the Wave getting into the game. You are telling us to stop bitching and enjoy the game. Ok great that sounds like the plan when I dont have people standing up because the wave decides to start up and a crutial part of the game. I enjoy going to the games everyday like it is my first one. Because I decide not participate in the wave does not mean I am not enjoying it. If people want to do the wave....by all means WAVE AWAY. whatever gets your threw your day. BUT STOP DOING THE WAVE DURING A CRUCIAL PART!

Hate it or not, how about some food for thought. Imagine you are a kid, and this is your first ballgame. You are excited and soak in everything. They start doing the wave, something you can participate in, which give you a good feeling. Then some middle aged jerk starts screaming at you to stop it. Call it a sure fire way to make a Cub fan for life.

Seriously, why do you any of you care? Its a baseball game. Enjoy it. It seems the people who do the wave were. What were you doing? Yelling about it, bitching about it, etc. Shut up and deal. Be happy your team is doing well enough to have a park full of people to do the wave. I am much happier to come to a full ballpark. The atmosphere is awesome this year, wave or not.

For the record, I don't really care for the wave. And for all the die hard "I am so embarrassed by the wave" guys, I spent 9 years in Boston and at just about every single Red Sox game I went to (except Yankee games because people were too busy getting into fights in the stand) , they did the wave. And, no disrespect to Sox fans, Red Sox fans are pretty hardcore and intense about the game.

bigsqwert
05-26-2006, 10:06 AM
What were you doing? Yelling about it, bitching about it, etc. Shut up and deal.

No. I was watching the most critical part of the game while the clowns in front of me kept standing up every 45 seconds or so, blocking my view for no reason.

Jerko
05-26-2006, 10:24 AM
You know, between innings, wave away. Blowout game, wave away. 2 outs in the 8th inning with men on 2nd and 3rd with a one run lead, sit the **** down!!!!!!!! I know, "they paid to get in blah blah blah bull**** whatever", but last time I checked, so did I. I paid to watch a BASEBALL GAME, not to watch the backs of people who don't have the attention span to sit still for 5 minutes. Also, the poor little kid who can't "participate" in the wave if somebody yells at him, well, if he's so bored, take him to fundamentals, or the rain room, or the fast pitch booth, or go buy him a gift; it's not like he's watching the game anyway. Just because the kid's bored doesn't mean he needs to be taught that being IGNORANT and standing up in front of somebody WHO IS watching the game is acceptable. Maybe next time I PAY to get into a movie, I'll start the wave there and see how long that lasts before someone tells me to shut up. I'm sure if I whine to the manager, "well I PAID, I can do what I want", they'd let me continue. :rolleyes:

SOXSINCE'70
05-26-2006, 10:29 AM
The wave sucks

I whole heartedly agree.This isn't "American Idol" for god's sake.:puking:
Sit down and watch the game,people.You just may learn something.

spiffie
05-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Kids my ass. Tuesday nite the upper deck where I was sitting was about 95% adults, and they all were standing up and screaming and letting out whoops when the wave made it all the way to the end of the UD. Trying to turn this into a "why are you all big meanies making children cry" argument is just not accurate in the slightest. It's "grown" men and women getting excited because they can stand and sit in unison.

Baby Fisk
05-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Kids my ass. Tuesday nite the upper deck where I was sitting was about 95% adults, and they all were standing up and screaming and letting out whoops when the wave made it all the way to the end of the UD. Trying to turn this into a "why are you all big meanies making children cry" argument is just not accurate in the slightest. It's "grown" men and women getting excited because they can stand and sit in unison.

Even these kids think the Wave is lame.

http://surfcoastfootychat.com/Images/bored_kids.jpg

itsnotrequired
05-26-2006, 10:37 AM
No. I was watching the most critical part of the game while the clowns in front of me kept standing up every 45 seconds or so, blocking my view for no reason.

I would rather have someone standing up for two seconds three or four times over the course of five minutes rather than someone stand up for fifteen seconds during every inning. In terms of blocking views of the game, those standing up to go to the bathroom, buy concessions, let people walk down the aisle, etc. block the game far more than the wave does. These above events occur multiple times in every inning of every game. I've been to every game this season and the wave only rolled in for three of them and even then only lasted an inning. Food for thought...

jenn2080
05-26-2006, 10:49 AM
LOL! :D: dont try to trump with the kids. the kids make up 5% of the stadium.

Even these kids think the Wave is lame.

http://surfcoastfootychat.com/Images/bored_kids.jpg

FRANK FORT
05-26-2006, 11:08 AM
If you can't handle not seeing the action for a few seconds, then maybe it is you who should go home. I'm sure you'll have a nice unobstructed view from your couch. Seriously, accept the game and the fans for what they have become. Ballpark etiquette for standing/leaving has been dead for quite some time.

FRANK FORT
05-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Also, I don't think one person here has said that the wave is not lame. We all accept that. What I don't accept is some aging douchebag yelling at a kid to sit down or shut the **** up. Get real.

mrs. hendu
05-26-2006, 11:15 AM
To me the wave is distracting. It's more suited for soccer where you don't have to pay attention to every second of the game.

jenn2080
05-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Also, I don't think one person here has said that the wave is not lame. We all accept that. What I don't accept is some aging douchebag yelling at a kid to sit down or shut the **** up. Get real.

ya well we dont accept the the wave in the 8th up by one run with runners on so now we are even!!!!!!!!!! WAVE STILL SUCKS!

itsnotrequired
05-26-2006, 11:18 AM
To me the wave is distracting. It's more suited for soccer where you don't have to pay attention to every second of the game.

:?:

Soccer is constant action. Baseball has a ton of "down time" between action.

NoNeckEra
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
What I got from reading this entire thread top to bottom is that most WSI-ers want to tell me how to behave during a baseball game at the Cell. The wave, leaving early, etc. We have 40,000 people six straight games and they think this is causing more problems than it solving.

Deal with it folks. This is no longer an exclusive club for 12,000 die hard Sox fans.

Some people are going to arrive late, leave early, do the wave, drink too much beer, etc, etc, etc.

Is it getting more and more like Wrigley Field? Of course it is. Is that good? Of course not! But it's the reality of sell out crowds.

Every time I read a thread like this it reminds me that the only thing I have in common with most fellow WSI-ers is my love for the Sox.

kevin57
05-26-2006, 01:22 PM
I don't care for the Wave either.

Yes, I guess it is a reality along with the other realities of a championship (I've even seen cellphone use and waves to the camera from behind home plate :angry: ). But that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

jenn2080
05-26-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't care for the Wave either.

Yes, I guess it is a reality along with the other realities of a championship (I've even seen cellphone use and waves to the camera from behind home plate :angry: ). But that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

who cares about the cell phones and the wave to the camera.....annoying yes but it is not interferring with me watching the game. The wave however interferes with watching the game. THAT IS THE POINT. Like people said if it is a blow out wave away....hell take some laps around the park

spiffie
05-26-2006, 01:27 PM
What I got from reading this entire thread top to bottom is that most WSI-ers want to tell me how to behave during a baseball game at the Cell. The wave, leaving early, etc. We have 40,000 people six straight games and they think this is causing more problems than it solving.

Deal with it folks. This is no longer an exclusive club for 12,000 die hard Sox fans.

Some people are going to arrive late, leave early, do the wave, drink too much beer, etc, etc, etc.

Is it getting more and more like Wrigley Field? Of course it is. Is that good? Of course not! But it's the reality of sell out crowds.

Every time I read a thread like this it reminds me that the only thing I have in common with most fellow WSI-ers is my love for the Sox.
I think the common theme with most WSI complaints is "Don't be a dick to the people around you" Standing up for no reason repeatedly in the middle of a close game is an inconvenience to those around you trying to watch baseball. Being drunk and disorderly is rude and inconvenient to those around you. With leaving early I think people are just confused as to why someone would do that, especially people without small children.

I'm glad we have 40,000 people here. And I'm pretty tolerant. You want to get drunk and heckle the opposition, go for it. You want to spend the whole game talking on your cell phone, just don't yell into it and we're pretty good. Just don't disrupt my ability to watch the game and enjoy the game. Seems like pretty basic etiquette to me.

mrs. hendu
05-26-2006, 01:29 PM
:?:

Soccer is constant action. Baseball has a ton of "down time" between action.

:?: With baseball, I don't want to miss pitches, in soccer they don't score that often so the wave wouldn't bother me. My first experience with the wave was watching soccer so I tend to associate it with it more. Somehow it just doesn't fit baseball in my mind.

Dolanski
05-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Amen. This thread is basically the "serious fans" complaining about the bandwagoneers or whatever you want to call them. I would much rather go to a full game and deal with people doing the wave than be at a game where there are 10,000 die hards. The park is more fun to be at this year, the energy and excitement is up, wave or no wave.

The sad thing about threads like this, we won the freaking world series. And people are still finding things to piss and moan about. People here complain when the place is empty, now they complain when it is full. Frankly, it seems to be a "diehard" Sox fan, you should be a bitter *******, especially on this board. Quit acting like a bunch of elitist snobs. Its a freaking baseball game. Get over yourselves and enjoy the season.

Mod edit: Take 3 days off for not using the language filter.

VenturaFan23
05-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Dolanski...You summed it up perfectly!

jenn2080
06-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Amen. This thread is basically the "serious fans" complaining about the bandwagoneers or whatever you want to call them. I would much rather go to a full game and deal with people doing the wave than be at a game where there are 10,000 die hards. The park is more fun to be at this year, the energy and excitement is up, wave or no wave.

The sad thing about threads like this, we won the freaking world series. And people are still finding things to piss and moan about. People here complain when the place is empty, now they complain when it is full. Frankly, it seems to be a "diehard" Sox fan, you should be a bitter *******, especially on this board. Quit acting like a bunch of elitist snobs. Its a freaking baseball game. Get over yourselves and enjoy the season.
Wow....Frankly, it seems to be a "diehard" Sox fan, you should be a bitter *******, especially on this board. Soxtalk.com is available too.

Seems you are on the wrong board then! You were still missing the point.

Mod edit: And you take 3 off yourself for following Dolanski's lead in not using the language filter.

miker
06-02-2006, 02:29 PM
The sad thing about threads like this, we won the freaking World Series. And people are still finding things to piss and moan about. People here complain when the place is empty, now they complain when it is full. Frankly, it seems to be a "diehard" Sox fan, you should be a bitter (censored), especially on this board. Quit acting like a bunch of elitist snobs. Its a freaking baseball game. Get over yourselves and enjoy the season.
Not speaking for all White Sox fans but one could argue that we fans have much more experience at being miserable than being happy. We just didn't turn our misery into a popularity cult like the other Chicago ball club. ***WARNING: Cub-session alert! Cub-session alert! ***

As for complaining about those who complain, you must either live in Utopia or are new to the human condition. In either case, :welcome: to reality.

Now sit back, relax, strap it down and enjoy tonight's game.

GregoryEtc
06-02-2006, 02:55 PM
I think they should stop doing it because the wave is offensive to people without arms.

IlliniSox4Life
06-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I think they should stop doing it because the wave is offensive to people without arms.

:tealpolice::tealtutor:

StockdaleForVeep
06-02-2006, 03:13 PM
So... who is happy that we have gone to the same level as those drinking the Cubbie Coolaid these days? Anyone there last night would've seen the WAVE go around the stadium during one of the biggest moments of the game. I understand it if the game is out of hand, but when the game is on the line and all people care about is screaming about the f'n wave... that is B/S. I honestly feel that that 8th inning wouldn't have been so bad if our "fans" didn't get in our own pitchers heads!!!!

Any other thoughts???

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The wave is done at every major sporting event sadly

GregoryEtc
06-02-2006, 03:15 PM
:tealpolice::tealtutor:

Oh the shame!!!! I guess this is just another example of why I need a new monitor. Every shade of green there looks the same to me.
:smile: