PDA

View Full Version : Sox player tourney...

WinningUgly!
02-03-2002, 12:39 AM
I'm working on a seeded tourney with 32 Sox players. I'll release each of the four brackets in separate threads. Reply with your 4 "winners" in each bracket. Picking the "winner" of each match-up should be based on factoring together the combination of the players 2002 value, future value, popularity & your personal preference. You'll figure it out! Don't give me too much crap about some of the seedings...it was kinda tough! :D:

The East Bracket will be out shortly...
The second round will start tomorrow night...

kermittheefrog
02-03-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I'm working on a seeded tourney with 32 Sox players. I'll release each of the four brackets in separate threads. Reply with your 4 "winners" in each bracket. Picking the "winner" of each match-up should be based on factoring together the combination of the players 2002 value, future value, popularity & your personal preference. You'll figure it out! Don't give me too much crap about some of the seedings...it was kinda tough! :D:

The East Bracket will be out shortly...
The second round will start tomorrow night...

Where is the love for Tim Hummel? I know he's no LTP but among our prospects he's the guy I LIKE the most. He's behind Harris, Simmons and Versatile? You must hate my man Tim. You won't hate him when he shows up with 50-60 extra base hits and 60 or 70 walks and hits .290 to boot.

WinningUgly!
02-03-2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Where is the love for Tim Hummel? I know he's no LTP but among our prospects he's the guy I LIKE the most. He's behind Harris, Simmons and Versatile? You must hate my man Tim. You won't hate him when he shows up with 50-60 extra base hits and 60 or 70 walks and hits .290 to boot.

The selection committee must have overlooked him :D: :?:

Dadawg_77
02-03-2002, 01:03 PM
the selection committee should of set the brackets up more, so there could of been a Rowand vs Lofton and Royce vs Jose showdowns in the second or third round.

WinningUgly!
02-03-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
the selection committee should of set the brackets up more, so there could of been a Rowand vs Lofton and Royce vs Jose showdowns in the second or third round.

This will all be taken into consideration for the mid season tourney. :D:

RichH55
02-04-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Wouldnt Royce have to win a round to get to the 2nd or 3rd? :)

WinningUgly!
02-04-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

Wouldnt Royce have to win a round to get to the 2nd or 3rd? :)

Who could Royce have actually won against? Paul? Howry?

RichH55
02-04-2002, 12:45 PM

Who could Royce have actually won against? Paul? Howry?

That was my point exactly

WinningUgly!
02-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

That was my point exactly

I know. :D: I actually thought about "setting up" the tourney with a Clayton/Valentin match-up, but the only way that could have worked was as a 1st round game.

Dadawg_77
02-04-2002, 03:23 PM

I know. :D: I actually thought about "setting up" the tourney with a Clayton/Valentin match-up, but the only way that could have worked was as a 1st round game.

I know it would be tough but how about Royce vs Liefer or Julio (Is he still with the Sox?)