PDA

View Full Version : Hawk was ON tonight!!

mike squires
05-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Maybe it's just me, but Hawk sounded great tonight. Alot of his calls and the sound of his voice sounded like he did in the 80's and early 90's. He actually may have been a little horse. Remember some of his calls? one in particular when Kittle hit a roof shot on a cold blustery night when he says, "Kittle hits one on the roof into this wind." Something about him lately, he's got some of his passion back. It doesn't sound routine like it started to sound. That is just my opionion. That is all.

Unregistered
05-25-2006, 12:34 AM
He actually may have been a little horse.
http://www.visitlaportecounty.com/images/dynPic/feeding%20little%20horse.jpg
"Stretch?"

BNLSox
05-25-2006, 12:40 AM
:thumbsup: That was hillarious dude! http://www.visitlaportecounty.com/images/dynPic/feeding%20little%20horse.jpg
"Stretch?"

hawkjt
05-25-2006, 12:57 AM
That made me laugh out loud. It felt good, thanks.

markopat
05-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Maybe it's just me, but Hawk sounded great tonight. Alot of his calls and the sound of his voice sounded like he did in the 80's and early 90's. He actually may have been a little horse. Remember some of his calls? one in particular when Kittle hit a roof shot on a cold blustery night when he says, "Kittle hits one on the roof into this wind." Something about him lately, he's got some of his passion back. It doesn't sound routine like it started to sound. That is just my opionion. That is all.

Absolutely special!

Giddyup I say!

SOXintheBURGH
05-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Since I work amazing hours, I have to follow every Sox game on the lamest of all lame espn.com "pitch by pitch" update. My office blocks access to about 97% of all wesbites on Earth but I do get ESPN. I get to DVR games on WGN, at least until I can afford Extra Innings. I know a lot of people have their own feelings about Hawk, but the last two weeks or so I really wish I could have watched some of these games with Hawk, especially the Oakland series.

Frontman
05-25-2006, 07:00 AM
I noticed that too. Hawk has had some passion to his calls these past two weeks. He was really good for the 2 games against the Cubs, and was stellar for the A's series. I figured with all the Frank/anti-Frank, we'd hear the Hawk that we don't like (bitter, nasty, etc.) but he was very good. Obviously he has his own feelings on the Big Hurt, but was very classy through the whole series.

Front

Realist
05-25-2006, 07:03 AM
http://www.visitlaportecounty.com/images/dynPic/feeding%20little%20horse.jpg
"Stretch?"

Brilliant!

Bobbo35
05-25-2006, 07:17 AM

If you were an announcer, would it not be fun to call a game with the White Sox. Not saying I am an announcer, but it has to be a breeze. Unlike calling a cubs game where it is depression city. Hawk loves it and you can hear it in his voice.

hawkjt
05-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Yea, hawk was good when he was actually doing play by play.
He is doing less play by play than he ever has.
It used to be that DJ handled the eighth inning only.

Now he seems to do at least 2-3 innings. What in the hell is the deal with that?

Is hawk getting too old to do 8 solid innings now?

I dislike it mainly cuz when DJ is doing play by play he is on his own. Hawk either is not there or just stays silent. DJ is improved but he is not vin scully that can handle the whole game by himself. He is talking to himself for several innings- it does not make sense.

Get it together , Brooks.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-25-2006, 03:35 PM
The other night when Mackowiak tied up the game Hawk was going so nuts there was silence and DJ said, "I'm gonna check Hawk's pulse here!" Hilarious!

Variable2
05-26-2006, 02:25 AM
First post here. I love the Hawk. It was pretty funny in that last game when Crede made that diving stop in I think the 6th inning or 7th while DJ was doing play by play. As the play is developing and Crede makes the throw to first, you can hear the Hawk in the background laughing like a madman.

BringBackBlkJack
05-26-2006, 02:31 AM
The other night when Mackowiak tied up the game Hawk was going so nuts there was silence and DJ said, "I'm gonna check Hawk's pulse here!" Hilarious!

Haha I remember hearing that as well... I almost peed myself.

slobes
05-26-2006, 07:51 AM

Haha yeah they did that in response to an email they received. It was quite hilarious.

eurotrash35
05-26-2006, 10:07 AM
He's definitely been showing some zest up in the booth. He's been telling more routine fly balls in front of the track to "Get on back there!!" :tongue:

samram
05-26-2006, 11:33 AM
If you were an announcer, would it not be fun to call a game with the White Sox. Not saying I am an announcer, but it has to be a breeze. Unlike calling a cubs game where it is depression city. Hawk loves it and you can hear it in his voice.

Calling games isn't a breeze. Chris Singleton is terrible at it and he's not the only one.

I think Hawk is already into what may very well be a good pennant race all year.