PDA

View Full Version : Possible Trophy Giveaway Flaw?

Garland_IS_God
05-24-2006, 04:28 PM
So yesterday Im at the game and Im sitting by this guy who brought up how his World Series trophy that was given away has 31 flags on it. I just counted mine and also have 31 flags. The thing is there are only 30 teams in the major leagues. How come there 31 flags on the trophy. Anybody else notice that?

SouthSide_HitMen
05-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Yep - 31 flags.

Made in China - I guess they didn't get the memo (or it wasn't in Mandarin).

I have a couple loose ones so it is only a matter of time until the trophy is fixed. :)

Baby Fisk
05-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Yankee Fan: "Dammit! Randy Johnson is breaking down and I'm worried about our pitching."

Mets Fan: "Dammit! Our rotation is hanging on by a thread! I'm worried about blowing this early lead."

Red Sox Fan: "Dammit! Foulke almost blew it again! I'm worried about our pitching."

Cubs Fan: "Dammit! Half our team is on the DL and the other half sucks. I'm worried about losing 100 games this year."

White Sox Fan: "Dammit! There are 31 flags on my world series replica trophy!"

:)

Hawkeroo1980
05-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Yankee Fan: "Dammit! Randy Johnson is breaking down and I'm worried about our pitching."

Mets Fan: "Dammit! Our rotation is hanging on by a thread! I'm worried about blowing this early lead."

Red Sox Fan: "Dammit! Foulke almost blew it again! I'm worried about our pitching."

Cubs Fan: "Dammit! Half our team is on the DL and the other half sucks. I'm worried about losing 100 games this year."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D:

nasox
05-24-2006, 05:08 PM

This has to be POTW. Funny stuff.:roflmao: :rolling: :rolling:

getonbckthr
05-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Could the 31st flag represent MLB as a whole???

Jerko
05-24-2006, 05:10 PM
So, the one we get next year will only have 29 flags. It'll even out.

DumpJerry
05-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Yep - 31 flags.

Made in China - I guess they didn't get the memo (or it wasn't in Mandarin).

I have a couple loose ones so it is only a matter of time until the trophy is fixed. :)
I had some loose ones before it came out of the box......it's in a location where it will not be touched, but seen (top of bookcase in my office), so I'm not worried about losing any flags.

sdman11890
05-24-2006, 05:29 PM

Well at least my replica World Series ring is OK! I was at that game 3 1/2 hours early to get one.. didn't go to school at all that day.

lakeviewsoxfan
05-24-2006, 05:37 PM
The replica they handed out is ugly I so much rather have the paperweight MLB sold for like $12 it looks so much better.:sopranos

kevingrt
05-24-2006, 05:44 PM

POTW type quality, very humorous

Steelrod
05-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Some people have way too much time on their hands and are counting flags!
It's a giveaway. If you don't like it, give it away!

miker
05-24-2006, 07:13 PM
How come there 31 flags on the trophy. Anybody else notice that?
Based on the current success of the Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Tampa, and Miami franchises, MLB is expanding again.

Jjav829
05-24-2006, 09:13 PM
This has to be POTW. Funny stuff.:roflmao: :rolling: :rolling:
Good call. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=3145)

bnlfanmatt
05-24-2006, 09:36 PM
That 31st flag is for beating the media.

Because they are all-important and all-knowing.

Frontman
05-24-2006, 10:23 PM

Oh, if every year we can have these types of worries. Great joke!

Front

Garland_IS_God
05-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Some people have way too much time on their hands and are counting flags!
It's a giveaway. If you don't like it, give it away!

I agree I have way too much time on my hands. Im on vacation from work this week and I thought hey why not count the flags on the trophy. LOL

Baby Fisk
05-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Good call. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=3145)
I am honoured, kind sir. :redface:

Steelrod
05-25-2006, 10:59 AM
I agree I have way too much time on my hands. Im on vacation from work this week and I thought hey why not count the flags on the trophy. LOL
I'm going on vacation tomorrow. I'll bring mine along to give me something to do!

thomas35forever
05-25-2006, 11:31 PM

Hahahaha!!!!!! I love it!:rolling: :rolling:

markopat
05-26-2006, 12:22 AM

:roflmao:

Soxfest
05-26-2006, 02:03 AM
31 flags that is funny:(:

jongarlandlover
05-27-2006, 12:17 AM

:roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao: