PDA

View Full Version : Jim Thome day?

HotelWhiteSox
05-24-2006, 01:56 PM
I heard Murph talking about today being Jim Thome day and that he'd be honored today? :?:

voodoochile
05-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Every day is Jim Thome day...

I am sure there are pitchers out there who wonder when they go to face the Sox...

"Is this Jim Thome day?"

Then when the baseball leaves the yard in a rapid hurry they hang their head and think...

"Ah crap... it was Jim Thome day..." :cool:

HotelWhiteSox
05-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Oh, here is some more info:

The White Sox designated hitter, who resides in downstate Peoria, will be recognized by the state of Illinois Wednesday during "Jim Thome Day." Lt. Governor Pat Quinn will present the honor to Thome, who recently passed Dave Kingman as the top career home run hitter among Illinois natives. It's a special moment Thome accepted with his usual humility.

"It's cool, really cool," said Thome on being given his own day. "Any time you have a day like that, it's an honor. It's definitely something you cherish."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060523&content_id=1468063&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

HotelWhiteSox
05-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Every day is Jim Thome day...

I am sure there are pitchers out there who wonder when they go to face the Sox...

"Is this Jim Thome day?"

Then when the baseball leaves the yard in a rapid hurry they hang their head and think...

"Ah crap... it was Jim Thome day..." :cool:

Amen

bennyw41
05-24-2006, 02:00 PM
I just read that Thome has a groin issue. Any news?

HotelWhiteSox
05-24-2006, 02:03 PM

I was watching Sportsday and they said he tweaked it towards the end of the game, but said he'd be good to go tonight

BRDSR
05-24-2006, 02:04 PM

For what its worth...

Reported on FSN SportsRise this morning that he sustained a slight twinge to the groin during the 9th inning of yesterdays game. It is not supposed to keep him out of the lineup tonight, but you know how groins can be.