PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fest Pics

Dadawg_77
02-02-2002, 11:28 PM
Thanks to IHateCubs for the name tag, it was vital tieing the score 3-3. Sorry I had to defeat your cause with your creation <Insert Evil Laugh Here>

PHG - will the pics from today be scanned? I was thinking about using the one you took of me and my friend as my new sig.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-03-2002, 12:13 AM
We've had a boatload of visitors from the site, including a large number of our "lurker" population. It's been great to meet all of you!

I plan to have the entire roll of film developed and scanned later this week. All of the photos will be available on the site at that time.

We've got some great photos, including a classic one of me arm-wrestling the Tribune's Sox beatwriter, Paul Sullivan.

It was a staged shot, but I know I could take him!

:gulp:

Daver
02-03-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
We've had a boatload of visitors from the site, including a large number of our "lurker" population. It's been great to meet all of you!

I plan to have the entire roll of film developed and scanned later this week. All of the photos will be available on the site at that time.

We've got some great photos, including a classic one of me arm-wrestling the Tribune's Sox beatwriter, Paul Sullivan.

It was a staged shot, but I know I could take him!

PHG,if I can break down and upgrade my circa 1992 computer the least you could do is upgrade to a digital camera.:redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
02-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by daver
PHG,if I can break down and upgrade my circa 1992 computer the least you could do is upgrade to a digital camera.:redneck

LOL, we own a nice one, which is why my wife won't let it leave the house!

Actually, the 35mm is a Yashica with a dynamite lense. It takes better pictures than a digital. Of course you have to have the pictures developed the old fashioned way.

And speaking of old fashioned...

My kids are 3- and 5-years-old. They are so young, they think every camera has the instant-look LCD image screen on the back. They come running up to the camera for a look whenever they get their picture taken. They must think the rest of us live in the stone age for using anything but digital cameras.

Daver
02-03-2002, 12:31 AM

Perhaps Mrs.PHG needs to loosen up the rules when it is of importance.

But then again what the hell do I know? &copy;

Soxheads
02-03-2002, 12:34 AM

Actually, the 35mm is a Yashica with a dynamite lense. It takes better pictures than a digital. Of course you have to have the pictures developed the old fashioned way.

And speaking of old fashioned...

My kids are 3- and 5-years-old. They are so young, they think every camera has the instant-look LCD image screen on the back. They come running up to the camera for a look whenever they get their picture taken. They must think the rest of us live in the stone age for using anything but digital cameras.

Wow, I can remember back before digital cameras.........Polaroids were the thing.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-03-2002, 12:35 AM
Perhaps Mrs.PHG needs to loosen up the rules when it is of importance.

She is obsessed with that camera. I take into the backyard at my own risk. I managed to sneak it out of the house for SoxFest last year, and she was worried sick I would break it or lose it.

She knows me well. :D:

Daver
02-03-2002, 12:40 AM

She is obsessed with that camera. I take into the backyard at my own risk. I managed to sneak it out of the house for SoxFest last year, and she was worried sick I would break it or lose it.

She knows me well. :D:

I can relate to that,my wife almost killed me when she found out I was using her turkey baster to put gunpowder into shotgun shells.:redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
02-03-2002, 12:47 AM
I can relate to that,my wife almost killed me when she found out I was using her turkey baster to put gunpowder into shotgun shells.:redneck

LMAO! Women fail to realize that to a man's way of thinking, the kitchen is just a giant labratory for all our "experiments".