PDA

View Full Version : Dear Brooks, More Thunder please.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-24-2006, 02:26 PM
I have a fever and the only cure is more Thunder, anyone with me? Thunderstruck I mean, I love it and they don't play it nearly loud enough. Last year it'd rock the lungs and soul. This year it's audible, barely.

Who wants Louder, Better Thunder?

Yoda does.

mantis1212
05-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I second that- the bass needs to be turned up for Thunderstuck- we don't need to hear the players names, we already know who they are!

chisoxfanatic
05-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Agreed! I think it also needs to be turned up louder for when they play Joe Buck's World Series-winning call "And the White Sox have won the World Series!" that they have to bridge the Pirates of the Carribean to Thunderstruck. These two things aside, this HAS to be the greatest opening montage ever!

batmanZoSo
05-24-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm sick of AC Lightning Bolt DC, how about some Zeppelin?

I got a fever and the only cure is more Immigrant Song. :bandance:

Edward
05-24-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm a huge fan of listening to Stranglehold right before I get in the park. Gets me pumped up :Rocker:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-24-2006, 02:48 PM

Zeppelin would be welcome but wrong song I think, it doesn't have a build up like Thunder does.

Soxfanspcu11
05-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I want to hear Thunderstruck SOOOOOOO LOUD that my ears freaking bleed!!!!!! FO' REAL!!!

TURN IT UP BROOKZY!!!!

twsoxfan5
05-24-2006, 03:06 PM
In my opinion no song starts off as cool as Thunderstruck. I wouldn't mind it if it was a bit louder though.

peeonwrigley
05-24-2006, 03:08 PM
In my opinion no song starts off as cool as Thunderstruck. I wouldn't mind it if it was a bit louder though.

I actually think Hell's Bells is cooler, but the Bears have been using that one in the past for the defense.

Palehose13
05-24-2006, 03:16 PM
I agree Yoda, and I think it needs to be timed better...you know, announcing guys with certain parts of the music and have the fireworks go off at an appropriate part of the song.

dickallen15
05-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I know I'll get slammed for this, but as someone who has attended every game this year but 2, AC/DC and Thunderstruck are getting a little old.

kevingrt
05-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I totally agree blast Thunderstuck as loud as those frickin fireworks.

WhiteSoxRich
05-24-2006, 03:21 PM
I have a fever and the only cure is more Thunder, anyone with me? Thunderstruck I mean, I love it and they don't play it nearly loud enough. Last year it'd rock the lungs and soul. This year it's audible, barely.

Who wants Louder, Better Thunder?

Yoda does.

I agree! At first I thought it was just me, but a lot of you guys are saying the same thing. LOUDER is better.

Law11
05-24-2006, 03:34 PM
I actually think Hell's Bells is cooler, but the Bears have been using that one in the past for the defense.

YOU MEAN YOU DONT LIKE SHAKE THE LAKE??

Chicago,,, chicago... chicago bears ...shake the lake...

MrRoboto83
05-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Replace Thunderstruck with this groovy tune.
www.herecomethesox.com (http://www.herecomethesox.com/)

CPditka
05-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Couldnt agree more. Thunderstruck gets me pumped. Also it helps that there is a drinking game to Thunderstruck. For those who are aware of said game:

It is similar to a waterfall... one "player" starts drinking/chugging at the start of the song, everytime they say "thunder" you switch to the next "player. Which if memory serves me right is 30+ times. You need to keep drinking until the next time they say "thunder/thunderstruck".

Drink, enjoy, repeat.

Thunder...

SouthSide_HitMen
05-24-2006, 03:46 PM
I know I'll get slammed for this, but as someone who has attended every game this year but 2, AC/DC and Thunderstruck are getting a little old.

Not from me. :cool:

BadBobbyJenks
05-24-2006, 04:02 PM
We have to keep it just for the line:

Went down the highway
Broke the limit, we hit the town
Went through to Texas, yeah Texas
And we had some fun

way too fitting

KnoxHarrington
05-24-2006, 04:02 PM
"Thunderstruck" definitely pumps up the fans before the game. I would have thought that someone in this thread would have recommended Metallica, though, especially after how many times I heard "Master of Puppets" while tailgating this past Saturday.

SweetnesSox
05-24-2006, 05:23 PM
"Thunderstruck" definitely pumps up the fans before the game. I would have thought that someone in this thread would have recommended Metallica, though, especially after how many times I heard "Master of Puppets" while tailgating this past Saturday.

haha that was me and my buddy... I'd use it for paulie or jimbo but it doesn't really work for into, IMO.

digdagdug23
05-24-2006, 05:57 PM

I have to dissent here and say that Noise Pollution has the best intro....but Thunderstruck is the most appropriate song for the team and its feats.

Dancin' Homer
05-24-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm sick of AC Lightning Bolt DC, how about some Zeppelin?

Way to spell, batman! You're sure to win the Spelympics!

Immigrant song - "I come from the land of ice and snow" doesn't really apply to our foreign-born players does it?

oeo
05-24-2006, 06:47 PM

I believe they started last year with a different song. Someone else probably knows for sure. Anyway, Thunderstruck was brought back by popular demand. So I think you're in the minority.

I don't think it's old.

IlliniSox4Life
05-24-2006, 06:48 PM
I agree with the thread. However, I wouldn't mind some "Welcome to the Jungle" at times.

SoxEd
05-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Sticking with AC Lightning Bolt DC, Hell's Bells has a good intro, but I dunno if it'd be appropriate for the team introduction.

On a Metallica tip, Enter Sandman also has a good intro.

If we wish to go with a tune for sheer chutzpah value (and added points for hubris), how about Queen's universally over-used anthem We Are the Champions?

I mean, this season we are the Champions, of the World (Series).

Oh, alright then, I'll shut up.
:redneck

Bobbo35
05-24-2006, 07:44 PM
I am a Metallica man at heart, there are a couple of songs that would be a good intro that will get the crowd pumped.

HotelWhiteSox
05-24-2006, 07:49 PM
No problem with Thunderstuck, stay with what works! Wouldn't have a problem having it louder, let tourists in the Loop hear it!

Getting a little sick of Harvestor of Sorrow for PK though :redface: And on Monday night they must have played that part from Crazy Train 15 times, with each time the guy behind me screaming ei! ei! ei!

I know a lot of people don't like POD, but I like 'Boom' for Jenks. 'Here come the boys from the South (side :wink: )

JohnBasedowYoda
05-25-2006, 10:58 AM
especially after how many times I heard "Master of Puppets" while tailgating this past Saturday.

I'll bring that in place of Kill 'Em All next time.

Maybe "Jump in the Fire" from Metallica for the new intro?

batmanZoSo
05-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Way to spell, batman! You're sure to win the Spelympics!

Immigrant song - "I come from the land of ice and snow" doesn't really apply to out foreign-born players does it?

I don't see how it applies any less than Thunderstruck, or for that matter, why it even has to apply. It only needs to rock baby.

I went to the game last night and let me tell you there's plenty of AC/DC to go around. If anything, we need less cowbell.

Shakey Bonez
05-25-2006, 11:19 AM
I love Thunderstruck - it's now 100% associated with the White Sox in my mind.

Sidenote - yesterday was my 11th game of the season, but first at night without Nancy...and we need more Thunderstruck, and more Organ!

bafiarocks03
05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
I agree too! And..I wish they'd go back to our old introductions, not how it is now that the players say their own names! Not a big fan of that! but Yeah, Thunderstuck needs to be louder and so do some other audios! =]

gosox83
05-25-2006, 12:43 PM
At Sox Fest I asked Brooks if they would have the same intro as 2005, and he said, "You know how superstitious baseball players are, and the fact that we won the World Series, Yes, we are having the same intro"

So what I am trying to say is if you don't like Thunderstruck you had better learn to because after we win the title again this year there is no way it is not going to be the intro for 2007 as well.:D:

I agree with almost all posters here. LOUDER......Let it strike fear in the hearts of our opponents, and ramp up our crowd even more at the same time.

GO SOX!!!

chisoxmike
05-25-2006, 01:34 PM
YES! Thunderstuck needs to be BLASTED! I could also go for some "Are You Ready?" by AC/DC to. Maybe in the 9th inning or something.

They played Thunderstuck after the win last night too.

South Side Irish
05-25-2006, 02:06 PM
I like the 9th inning song idea. In an ideal situation, we'd have Jenks' music playing, but for our last at bat in the 9th (as if it's needed!), it'd be great to have a song. I know the Yanks use "Cotten Eye Joe" for theirs, and the Red Sox use "Sweet Caroline" sometime in the 8th/9th. Yeah, the RS is a sappy one, but it'd be cool to have something like that, too.:Rocker:

And when do we ditch "Daaaaaaaaay - 0?" :angry:

thomas35forever
05-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Until this became a Sox phenomenon, I always thought Thunderstruck would be a great intro for any team. Now, I only think of it as the Sox intro song! The louder, the better!!!!!! It sure gets me off my seat!!

SBSoxFan
05-25-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't mind the music, but can't they just run onto the field as a unit like a baseball team should?

Dancin' Homer
05-25-2006, 07:20 PM
I don't see how it applies any less than Thunderstruck, or for that matter, why it even has to apply. It only needs to rock baby.

I went to the game last night and let me tell you there's plenty of AC/DC to go around. If anything, we need less cowbell.

I know songs don't have to be applicable, Immigrant Song just made me think of the Grinder Rule about immigration and then I thought about all the Carribean and Latin American players and then I made a stupid post.

Less Cowbell, less day-o Remember Harry Belafonte hates America!

TomBradley72
05-25-2006, 07:27 PM
I like the 9th inning song idea. In an ideal situation, we'd have Jenks' music playing, but for our last at bat in the 9th (as if it's needed!), it'd be great to have a song. I know the Yanks use "Cotten Eye Joe" for theirs, and the Red Sox use "Sweet Caroline" sometime in the 8th/9th. Yeah, the RS is a sappy one, but it'd be cool to have something like that, too.:Rocker:

And when do we ditch "Daaaaaaaaay - 0?" :angry:

"Go Sox" by Pell Mell and the Bleacher Boys would be a great pre-9th inning song.

soxjim
05-25-2006, 08:16 PM
I all-ways have and all-ways will blast Thunderstruck. It's one of my favorites. Listen to it on my way to and from work daily.