PDA

View Full Version : CTA Tranfer question

koch44
05-24-2006, 12:33 PM
We're going to transfer from the blue line to the red line tonight to get to the game. Is the transfer free, or is it $2?

spiffie
05-24-2006, 12:34 PM
We're going to transfer from the blue line to the red line tonight to get to the game. Is the transfer free, or is it $2?
If you transfer at Washington or Jackson it's a free transfer.

Ol' No. 2
05-24-2006, 12:35 PM
We're going to transfer from the blue line to the red line tonight to get to the game. Is the transfer free, or is it $2?Transfer free. There's a tunnel connecting them.

koch44
05-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks!

WikdChiSoxFan
05-24-2006, 12:37 PM
just thought i'd add, as it seems as you've never made the transfer...

you need to go down to transfer, there are stairs in the middle of the platform with a sign overhead that go down another level...

if you go up a set of stairs, you've gone the wrong way...

otherwise, there will be plenty of people around that you can ask for help.

Ol' No. 2
05-24-2006, 12:39 PM
just thought i'd add, as it seems as you've never made the transfer...

you need to go down to transfer, there are stairs in the middle of the platform with a sign overhead that go down another level...

if you go up a set of stairs, you've gone the wrong way...

otherwise, there will be plenty of people around that you can ask for help.There are signs all over the place. If you're not sure, just follow the people in Sox jerseys.:smile:

russ99
05-24-2006, 01:30 PM
The Blue Line transfer tunnel at Jackson is down to one access stairway down due to construction. A newbie would easily get confused. I'd get off at Washington.

Chip Z'nuff
05-24-2006, 01:32 PM
The Blue line at Jackson is down to one access stairway due to construction. A newbie would easily get confused. I'd get off at Washington.
I believe the transfer tunnel at Washington is closed due to Block 37 construction can't confirm this though.

EDIT: CONFIRMED I was wrong

russ99
05-24-2006, 01:38 PM
I think that's the outside (pay an extra fare) upstairs tunnel. Lots of Sox fans were using the downstairs free transfer tunnel to the Red Line on Monday night.

I took Jackson, since I have this crazy idea that it's faster.

Max Power
05-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Not sure which tunnel is "faster," but the one at Jackson is much nicer than the one at Washington.

ilsox7
05-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Not sure which tunnel is "faster," but the one at Jackson is much nicer than the one at Washington.

Washington usually has better street performers though.

roylestillman
05-24-2006, 02:19 PM
I believe the transfer tunnel at Washington is closed due to Block 37 construction can't confirm this though.

Downstairs tunnel OK. The one above platform level is closed.

KnoxHarrington
05-24-2006, 03:11 PM
If all else fails, try the CTA Trip Planner. Not only does it give you directions, but also lets you know how much the trip will cost.

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/