PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get screwed by MLB Extra Innings last night?

Baby Fisk
05-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Every now and then, for no good reason, the MLB Extra Innings package will be missing one of the games on a given day. Last night, every game was broadcast except Sox-A's. :angry:

Was this exclusion exclusive to Canadian viewers on Rogers Cable, or did Extra Innings subscribers in the States also get screwed out of last night's game?

seventyseven
05-24-2006, 09:33 AM
i didn't get the game either in NYC. :angry:

Pequod
05-24-2006, 09:33 AM
I didn't get it here in Virginia either. Games on WCIU don't seem to be picked up by MLB Extra Innings.

chisox117
05-24-2006, 09:53 AM
I didnt get the game either. It was one of those annoying twists of fate with the Sox on WCIU and the As also on their free TV affiliate (KICU, I think). 9 times out of 10 when the Sox are on WCIU, the opponent is on their cable station (Fox Sport Bay Area for the As) and the game is on Extra Innings as usual.
:gulp:

Palehose13
05-24-2006, 10:03 AM
I didn't get the game either, but the most annoying fact was that 2 channels didn't have any game on!

Kogs35
05-24-2006, 10:13 AM
the game wasnt on MLB IE because it was on OTA tv in both markets.

Palehose13
05-24-2006, 10:15 AM
the game wasnt on MLB IE because it was on OTA tv in both markets.

In English please. :cool:

What is OTA?

Pequod
05-24-2006, 10:19 AM
I think OTA = Over The Air

Kogs35
05-24-2006, 10:55 AM
I think OTA = Over The Air

thats correct. you will never see channel36 games from oakland on mlb EI just like you never see Channel 26 for the whitesox. hopefully with the new tv deals coming they fix that.

EastCoastSoxFan
05-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Somebody can check me, but I believe that over the air broadcasts are going to be gone completely by 2009 or so -- from then on all television broadcasts will be digital.
I could have the date wrong, but I seem to remember reading a tidbit a few months ago about the FCC adopting a digital standard for television broadcasts effective in 2009 or so...

shaunburnette
05-24-2006, 11:30 AM
In the Bay area the A's were on channel 36, the U. In Chicago the Sox were on WCUI or whatever.

Luckily for me, I got the local A's feed :)

Chicken Dinner
05-24-2006, 11:35 AM
It was kind of like a FOX game on Saturday. Don't expect them on the 27th either. Local broadcasts and FOX Saturday's suck.:angry:

Sad
05-24-2006, 11:38 AM
just like you never see Channel 26 for the whitesox. hopefully with the new tv deals coming they fix that.

I was thinking last season some WCIU broadcasts were on Extra Innings...:?:

PaleHosed
05-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Somebody can check me, but I believe that over the air broadcasts are going to be gone completely by 2009 or so -- from then on all television broadcasts will be digital.
I could have the date wrong, but I seem to remember reading a tidbit a few months ago about the FCC adopting a digital standard for television broadcasts effective in 2009 or so...

Yes all broadcasts are supposed to be HD by then, but they can still be "over the air" in fact there are already over the air HD channels, I'm sure most of the major local stations in chicago (abc,cbs,nbc,fox,wgn) are sending there HD signal over the air.

Chicken Dinner
05-24-2006, 11:45 AM

Not EI but you will see some on MlbTv.

Palehose13
05-24-2006, 11:56 AM

Yes, but it would be the opponents feed. Since both were on "local", it makes sense now. It still sucked though.

palehozenychicty
05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
they didn't have the game on at the watering hole, but the mets were on all night and beltran came through:D:

Baby Fisk
05-24-2006, 12:04 PM
they didn't have the game on at the watering hole, but the mets were on all night and beltran came through:D:
That's what I ended up watching. Turned out to be a wild one!

longshot7
05-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Yes, but it would be the opponents feed. Since both were on "local", it makes sense now. It still sucked though.

I disagree. I swear I've seen WCIU on Extra Innings.

Also, EI sometimes does carry OTA stations - for example, last week I watched the Tigers/Twins game and got tons of syndicated commericals because it was on Channel 45 either in Detroit or Minneapolis.

Kogs35
05-24-2006, 12:35 PM

Also, EI sometimes does carry OTA stations - for example, last week I watched the Tigers/Twins game and got tons of syndicated commericals because it was on Channel 45 either in Detroit or Minneapolis.

the twins are simulcasted on fsn north the games that are on OTA up there.

Palehose13
05-24-2006, 12:51 PM

I believe that when the Sox are on WCIU, I always get the opponents feed. So I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. :cool:

Lip Man 1
05-24-2006, 01:03 PM
They don't show WCIU games. Why I don't know. Maybe something to do with getting a transmission.

I have seen other 'local' station games on MLB Extra Innings before especially from the Twins so my thought it it has something to do with them getting WCIU's signal.

Lip

CRAW
05-24-2006, 02:00 PM
A buddy of mine has MLB Xtra Innings and he has said in the past that if an OTA game is a sell-out they will show it. I don't know though, but that's might be how and why you remember seeing WCIU games on MLB Xtra Innings.

Deebs14
05-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I got the shaft down here as well...ended up watching the piece of **** KC-DET game. :mad:

Deuce
05-24-2006, 02:40 PM
They should change the call letters from WCIU to WeFU.

Deuce

EastCoastSoxFan
05-24-2006, 03:52 PM
They don't show WCIU games. Why I don't know. Maybe something to do with getting a transmission.

I have seen other 'local' station games on MLB Extra Innings before especially from the Twins so my thought it it has something to do with them getting WCIU's signal.

Lip
I got the Sox feed on MLB.TV last night, which, as far back as I can remember, is the first time I have ever gotten the Sox feed when they've been on WCIU...