PDA

View Full Version : Lofton's Reaction

Chisox_cali
02-02-2002, 08:26 PM
Lofton (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=mlb_20020202_lofton_ news&team_id=cws)

Here's a little portion

He went to a lot of games at Comiskey Park as a kid but admits he favored the Major League team on the north side of Chicago when he was young.

"Growing up, I was a Cubs fan ," Lofton said. "I think it was because they were always on TV when I came home from school. It was something I watched all the time. I went to more Sox games than Cubs games because we couldn't go that far (to Wrigley Field)."

The White Sox will excuse him for that. After all, Lofton is coming home

doublem23
02-02-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

"Growing up, I was a Cubs fan ," Lofton said. "I think it was because they were always on TV when I came home from school. It was something I watched all the time. I went to more Sox games than Cubs games because we couldn't go that far (to Wrigley Field)."

and then he played for the Indians... That's 2 strikes.

Vsahajpal
02-02-2002, 10:43 PM
maybe darrin lewis was a sox fan, wanna trade? :D:

duke of dorwood
02-02-2002, 10:49 PM
Just another position we are now clearly better than the North Side team is center field.

RedPinStripes
02-02-2002, 10:58 PM
Gonna be strange rooting for this guy. I booed him for years.

Soxheads
02-03-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Gonna be strange rooting for this guy. I booed him for years.

I never thought how strange it'd be. Hopefully that wears off. :smile:

Randar68
02-03-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Just another position we are now clearly better than the North Side team is center field.

What do you mean, isn't Jesus better than Lofton???

RichH55
02-03-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
maybe darrin lewis was a sox fan, wanna trade? :D:

The Cubs fans are sorta down about the signing:) Thats a good thing

RKMeibalane
02-03-2002, 03:48 PM
Let's just hope he doesn't pollute the clubhouse like Wells did last season. I really think that this good work out as long as he's healthy, but I've heard more than a few negative things about him.

RedPinStripes
02-03-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Let's just hope he doesn't pollute the clubhouse like Wells did last season. I really think that this good work out as long as he's healthy, but I've heard more than a few negative things about him.

I never heard anything negative about Lofton in the clubhouse. Couldn't have been too bad. The Indians stayed together for years without news flashes of fights in the clubouse. I look at him as a mut because he always killed us , played for the tribe and he's a cub fan. I'll have to let that all go now that he's here though. He's a lagit leadoff man and his nagging injuries should be gone by now. He should be a good presence if anything in the clubhouse. He's been at the top level before, but never won the ring. Can't hurt to have a playoff veteran leadoff man that is great in the clutch around this young group of kids.

I'll bet he does his best to have a great year. I think they will just dump him at the end of the season and he knows it. He's making crap for money compared to what he was making and he might have to move on in his mid 30's. He will have to impress some people to get a good job next year.