PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox dominate A's Postgame Thread

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah! :bandance::bandance::bandance:

tebman
05-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Inspired by the Core of the Core appearance last night, no doubt!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

DrCrawdadsSister
05-23-2006, 11:08 PM
YES!:bandance::supernana::supernana:

mccoydp
Awesome game, especially the HR by Thome, Konerko, and Dye (though not necessarily in that order)!

:winner:

HomeFish
Royals blow their game.

We're gonna have to sweep Oakland to not lose ground. Historically that's a tall order. Not if we keep hitting like this, though.

infohawk
05-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Wow! We finally took a series from these guys. It's about time. Now let's get the sweep!!! Great sign that the bullpen kept them off the board!

stl_sox_fan
05-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Dangit!!! Detroit opened up on the hapless Royals in the 8th.

lostletters
05-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Oakland Problem: Officially Solved

I am so happy to see the sox win this series. I judged how good or bad the sox are this year on whether or not the sox can win a series against Oakland, even if its at home. Well they won a series against Oakland, NOW SWEEP!

FarWestChicago
05-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Royals blow their game.

We're gonna have to sweep Oakland to not lose ground. Historically that's a tall order. Not if we keep hitting like this, though.Well done, HomeFish!! :roflmao:

You are absolutely hysterical with your caricature Dark Cloud posts as opposed to Lip who truly believes his "season is over" crap. :cool:

IlliniSox4Life
05-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Nice W. Pretty much everyone looked good today. Javier worked through some trouble and only gave up 3 runs. Nelson even got some time.

lostletters
05-23-2006, 11:12 PM

I am so happy to see the sox win this series. I judged how good or bad the sox are this year on whether or not the sox can win a series against Oakland, even if its at home. Well they won a series against Oakland, NOW SWEEP!

soxinthecity
05-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Oh yeah! http://www.fishforums.net/style_emoticons/default/good.gif
What heck let sweep um tomorrow!http://www.chataquariums.com/forums/images/smilies/party%20(32).gifhttp://www.chataquariums.com/forums/images/smilies/party%20(8).gif

nedlug
05-23-2006, 11:14 PM

You can say that again.

You don't have to tell me twice.

C-Dawg
05-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Always a HUGE feel-good taking a series from a west coast team! Let's get the sweep tomorrow!

KRS1
05-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Didnt get to see the game tonight, do to Extra Innings never carrying UPN games:angry:. How hard was Jeff gunning it up there for his short work?

voodoochile
05-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Nice win. Good all around team effort. No doubts about the outcome allowed me to pay more attention to Batman Begins and the basketball game.

Broom time tomorrow.

:winner

tebman
05-23-2006, 11:21 PM
YES!:bandance::supernana::supernana:

:welcome: Hmmm...could your brother be DrCrawdad? It seems unlikely there's more than one. :tongue:

Welcome aboard! And an impressive win tonight too!

Lip Man 1
05-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Vazquez pitched well tonight. Nice hitting. Go get em' tomorrow.

Lip

ShoelessJoeS
05-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Our 3-4-5 hitters are REALLY good. AJ's not too bad either in the 6 spot

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

JB98
05-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Didnt get to see the game tonight, do to Extra Innings never carrying UPN games:angry:. How hard was Jeff gunning it up there for his short work?

I think he threw nothing but sliders. He really doesn't throw hard anymore. Even in his prime, he was always a breaking-ball pitcher.

Nice win tonight. It's a relief to finally win a series from Oakland. I've made no secret of my hatred of the FOBB, and I relish beating them. Buerhle goes tomorrow. Let's get out the brooms and finish these overrated bums off.

KRS1
05-23-2006, 11:29 PM
I think he threw nothing but sliders. He really doesn't throw hard anymore. Even in his prime, he was always a breaking-ball pitcher.

He used to run his heat in the mid 90s and higher, every breaking ball he threw was set up by the fact hitters had to compensate for possibility of the fastball even if he was throwing all sliders. Now that he cant do that anymore, IMO means he has to be a lot less effective. He seemed to be effective tonight, and gametime is when it matters, but I dont want hitters sitting on his chud.

21stcenturySox
05-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Ya, what's up with that? :?: I did get to watch the game on MLB.com, but I'd much rather watch the game on the 40 inch LCD with HD. :angry: :angry:

Thought that it was good to see the Sox pitch around Big Frank tonite. My mother in her walker can make it around the bases quicker than he can. He clogs up the basebaths veddy nicely.

Lip Man 1
05-23-2006, 11:30 PM
KRS 1 says: "but I dont want hitters sitting on his chud..."

:?:

Lip

KRS1
05-23-2006, 11:33 PM

Lip

Just another word for a slurve or just junk balls in general.

tebman
05-23-2006, 11:35 PM

Lip
I think it's a cross between throwing chunks and throwing mud. :dunno:

Frankfan4life
05-23-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm really happy to see the Sox beat a team they're supposed to beat. A sweep is definitely in order. Vazquez looked shaky but he put together a quality start and the Sox added enough offensive production to keep this game way out of reach. Nice effort all around and, most importantly, no errors!

MadetoOrta
05-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Good win. Don't sweat Detroit. Think about it, they've won 10 of 11 and we're breathing down their necks.

VASoxfan1
05-23-2006, 11:45 PM
is there something wrong with the WGN radar gun? The numbers have seemed kinda funny to be all year.

nasox
05-23-2006, 11:47 PM
is there something wrong with the WGN radar gun? The numbers have seemed kinda funny to be all year.

It was on WCIU, but I think they use the same radar gun. When Nelson finally threw a fastball, the one that was popped up by Crosby, IIRC, the gun reading was 64. Didn't seem right.

Was Nelson getting slightly squeezed on that one walk? Didn't matter anyway, but some of those breaking balls looked to catch the corner but weren't called strikes.

WizardsofOzzie
05-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Good win. Don't sweat Detroit. Think about it, they've won 10 of 11 and we're breathing down their necks.

I like the optimism!!!

KRS1
05-23-2006, 11:48 PM

Today wasnt on WGN, and I also didnt get to see it, but before today it has been jacked up the last few games. I suspect its the parks gun they just hook up to each networks respective feed, and its defective.

Chips
05-23-2006, 11:49 PM
:winner

Another good game from the offense, only one bad inning.

voodoochile

And we've got 13 or so games left against them - a team we have completely dominated the last 14 months.

SoxSpeed22
It could've been a lot worse for Javy, hopefully he uses this outing as a springboard, preferably not into oblivion. Great offenseive output and finally won a series against these damn A's.

Kogs35
05-23-2006, 11:53 PM
nice win tonight, lets finish the sweep tomorow

Fuller_Schettman
05-24-2006, 12:12 AM
I'll take "quality" starts like this all year long from our #5 starter. Bad news is we have two #5's. Good news is we have a pair of #1's and a #2!

Looks like our struggles against the AL West may be behind us. We have already knocked 2 AL West teams out of 1st place this year. The Angels are still reeling. The Rangers always make me nervous, so maybe we can bust them down also.

If we finish the month winning 5 of the last 7, we will match last season's record for May (18-10) and at the end of May (35-17)...

MisterB
05-24-2006, 12:15 AM
I think it's a cross between throwing chunks and throwing mud. :dunno:

Either that or he likes bad monster movies...
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004Y6BC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

itsnotrequired
05-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Another game, another Sox win. I was supposed to hook up with my uncle (visiting from out of town) but that didn't happened. Hung out at the pdimas tailgate* before the game instead. Unused ticket = banked.

Sig update time.

* Tonight's tailgate started off with a solitary pdimas father figure sitting in a chair with his feet on the coolor. Then pdimas and cwsfannick showed up and split a Pizza Hut pizza. Ultimate tailgate.:cool:

CHISOXFAN13
05-24-2006, 12:54 AM

I've been saying for the last few weeks that the teams who should start worrying about the Tigers are the Yankees and Red Sox. The White Sox are the superior team of that group, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tigers grab the Wild Card.

oeo
05-24-2006, 01:29 AM
And we've got 13 or so games left against them - a team we have completely dominated the last 14 months.

Not only that, but they're not dominating their wins like they were before. I think their starting to hit a tough streak...if only they were playing someone other than the Royals right now.

The standings do not mean much right now, as long as we stay around first. It's not September, it's May, and there is still a lot of baseball to be played.

BadBobbyJenks
05-24-2006, 01:52 AM

I believe he threw 12 sweeping sliders, not sure if he still has a fastball

BadBobbyJenks
05-24-2006, 01:57 AM

definately not right, didnt see one pitch in the 90s by vazquez or mccarthy...seemed like it only was picking up breaking balls

hawkjt
05-24-2006, 02:35 AM
I cannot believe that they sit their in the truck with 60 mph pitches registering on the gun and on the screen and they just ignore it.

Do they think fans do not even notice that Cotts is throwing 78-81 tops?

Do they think fans dont care or notice the info? Why even have it up there if it is about 10-15 mph wrong?

I just think it is sheer lazy production or shoddy production which is like showing replays while live action is occurring. Overall I think production has been horsecrap all year.

If you are posting bad info , why bother?

Anyway, rant over - great game tonite. Javy is leaking a little oil lately- not real good command of late. But he sucked it up and won.

Nelson looked average. Again, if the gun was right- 60 mph aint gonna cut it in mlb. But I think he could get by on guile and junk if he can be pinpoint.

A's always have the contact hitters that bother us so I just hope Burls can keep his roll going.

Bobbo35
05-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Our 3-4-5 hitters are REALLY good. AJ's not too bad either in the 6 spot

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

Our 3-4-5-6 hitters are GREAT!!!! Think what is going on in the mind of a pitcher when you have those three coming to the plate in order, "they must be like alright, here we go again." That is the best combination in the league hands down.

Vasquez works his rear off for the victory, did a good job. Good defense, which made a big difference in the outcome of the game. GO SOX!!!

Wsoxmike59
05-24-2006, 08:23 AM
I went to both, last night's game and Monday's thriller with the Mrs Wsoxmick59 and she ran her record to a perfect 7-0 at games when she's in attendance!

I'm 7-1 with the only loss being the Ring Ceremony Game.

However after the Ring Ceremony game I went to Grandstand and bought a new hat for the '06 season, and I purchased the old Southside Hitmen hat.

Since buying that hat and wearing it at every game since, the Hitman Hat is 7-0!

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1752976reg.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:showEnhanced();)

That's quite a streak.:D:

Minnie Me
05-24-2006, 08:28 AM
I want to let everyone know about what I did last nite. I was supposed to meet my Aunt but got to watch the game and eat a cheese and tomato sandwich. I cheered when the sox hit a home run. I think the sox are really good. I am happy they won the game.

itsnotrequired
05-24-2006, 08:42 AM
I want to let everyone know about what I did last nite. I was supposed to meet my Aunt but got to watch the game and eat a cheese and tomato sandwich. I cheered when the sox hit a home run. I think the sox are really good. I am happy they won the game.

What, no Pablo love?:redneck

davenicholson
05-24-2006, 08:47 AM

See if this tops that for excitement:

Got home from work, studied for CCNA exam
Played catch with my son, davenicholson junior
Cooked dinner on the grill (steak fajitas)
Ate dinner
Played catch with my son, davenicholson junior
Dug up a bunny nest in my lawn--5 more notches in my shovel handle
Watched Sox/studied for CCNA exam
Sox won--went to bed happy

Dan Mega
05-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Was Nelson getting slightly squeezed on that one walk? Didn't matter anyway, but some of those breaking balls looked to catch the corner but weren't called strikes.

The home plate ump was dreadful last night. He was killing both Vasquez and Zito. All the batters had to do was duck slightly and he would call the pitch a ball no matter where it was thrown.

Regardless, Sox win!:bandance:

Minnie Me
05-24-2006, 09:41 AM
What, no Pablo love?:redneck

Pablo was outstanding yesterday pitch running for Thome. Ozzie was alittle slow making the switch as it was not done immediately. I was screaming " put little Pablo in for big Jim, put my Pabs in please.

A day without Pabs is a day without sunshine.

MsSoxVixen22
05-24-2006, 09:45 AM
An awesome game to go to! Thome, Dye, Konerko......you guys are on fire! Keep it up boys! I can't remember the last time the Sox did so well against the A's! Let's finish 'em off and take care of business in Toronto! :bandance:

palehozenychicty
05-24-2006, 09:50 AM
I went to both, last night's game and Monday's thriller with the Mrs Wsoxmick59 and she ran her record to a perfect 7-0 at games when she's in attendance!

I'm 7-1 with the only loss being the Ring Ceremony Game.

However after the Ring Ceremony game I went to Grandstand and bought a new hat for the '06 season, and I purchased the old Southside Hitmen hat.

Since buying that hat and wearing it at every game since, the Hitman Hat is 7-0!

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1752976reg.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:showEnhanced();)

That's quite a streak.:D:

I bought the Southside Hitmen hat last time I flew in from the East. I rock it on the streets daily!:D:

tebman
05-24-2006, 10:10 AM
A day without Pabs is a day without sunshine.

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far... :rolleyes:

KnoxHarrington
05-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Good to see the 3, 4 and 5 hitters rule the A's last night.

Also, glad to be aboard here on the forum. I've been lurking here for two years or so and finally got around to making an account.

itsnotrequired
05-24-2006, 10:21 AM

Also, glad to be aboard here on the forum. I've been lurking here for two years or so and finally got around to making an account.

:welcome:

Risk
05-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Terrific game last night.

3-4-5 hitters were spectacular. Sox were being aggressive on the basepaths (especially Pods--he was absolutely causing havoc last night). Vasquez was good (sans one inning), especially since the ump was squeezing the strike zone. Cotts was locating well last night. All in all, a hell of a game.:D:

Risk

SOXPHILE
05-24-2006, 12:02 PM
I love it when everyone gets involved. 6 of the 9 starters scored, and of the other 3, Crede & A.J. had RBI's, and Mackowiac had a hit. Hey ! They've already matched their win total from last year against the A's ! (Gets out broom)

JohnBasedowYoda
05-24-2006, 12:39 PM

One of the beer guys for ya:gulp: