PDA

View Full Version : Got my Pac Bell tix!

Bisco Stu
02-02-2002, 07:28 PM
Today tix went on sale for all Pac Bell Park tix here in San Francisco. Got my tix for White Sox at Giants, Mar 31st. I know it's just an exhibition, but I want to see baseball's best team playing in baseball's best park (sorry, Wrigley). Sox and Giants will play for real next year, but who knows where the games will be? So, I couldn't miss this opportunity.

Jjav829
02-02-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Today tix went on sale for all Pac Bell Park tix here in San Francisco. Got my tix for White Sox at Giants, Mar 31st. I know it's just an exhibition, but I want to see baseball's best team playing in baseball's best park (Sorry, Wrigley). Sox and Giants will play for real next year, but who knows where the game will be? So, I couldln't miss this opportunity.

Hey maybe you can meet up with West. You going to that game West?

Spiff
02-02-2002, 07:31 PM
Today tix went on sale for all Pac Bell Park tix here in San Francisco. Got my tix for White Sox at Giants, Mar 31st. I know it's just an exhibition, but I want to see baseball's best team playing in baseball's best park (sorry, Wrigley). Sox and Giants will play for real next year, but who knows where the games will be? So, I couldn't miss this opportunity.

Welcome to WSI :cool:

CubKilla
02-02-2002, 07:34 PM
Why are you apologizing for saying Pac Bell is better than Wrigley? Wrigley is a dump and long overdue for the wrecking ball.

doublem23
02-02-2002, 07:36 PM

Well, first off, Welcome to WSI!!!!

Secondly, what's with all the Sox fans living on the Left Coast?

Spiff
02-02-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Sox fans are smart. Smart enough to migrate west...

Chisox_cali
02-02-2002, 07:39 PM

Hey What's wrong with that?!?! :smile:

Last year when I went to the Anahiem game there were a lot of Sox fans there. I was really surprised. I sat right next to a family of them

doublem23
02-02-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Hey What's wrong with that?!?! :smile:

Last year when I went to the Anahiem game there were a lot of Sox fans there. I was really surprised. I sat right next to a family of them

:reinsy
Well, how are they supposed to pay for tickets, parking, food, and other assorted items at Comiskey if they live in California?

Bisco Stu
02-02-2002, 07:42 PM
Hey, thanks for all the welcomes. Why am I on the Best Coast? Got a film degree from SIU (toilet paper) and moved to LA but hated it and migrated north to SF. I write about one of Northern Cali's main exports, so this is the place for me.

Chisox_cali
02-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Hey, thanks for all the welcomes. Why am I on the Best Coast? Got a film degree from SIU (toilet paper) and moved to LA but hated it and migrated north to SF. I write about one of Northern Cali's main exports, so this is the place for me.

Yeah a lot more people in NoCal. The only SoCal people I can think of are me and longshot, if I'm forgeting anyone tell me.

doublem23
02-02-2002, 07:46 PM
Ahhh, who am I to talk, anyways? I'll probably somehow wind up in California, anyways... Ahhh... Leftwing paradise :D:

At least we all bleed silver and black

Chisox_cali
02-02-2002, 07:56 PM
Ahhh, who am I to talk, anyways? I'll probably somehow wind up in California, anyways... Ahhh... Leftwing paradise :D:

At least we all bleed silver and black

Right on Brother!

Another thought, at least regarding all the Sox fans I saw at the Angels game.... I think a lot of the people of the Chicago theater group(Second City etc) come out here to try and find work and some of them happen to be Sox fans, though a lot of big movie stars are Cub fans(John Cusack, Harlod Ramis, Jim Belushi to name a few) I personally know a bunch of my father's pals that came from Chicago looking for work, and some were Sox fans.

FarWestChicago
02-02-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

Hey maybe you can meet up with West. You going to that game West? Probably not if they are already selling tickets. They're probably gone. :(:

Jjav829
02-02-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Probably not if they are already selling tickets. They're probably gone. :(:

O, I thought I remember you saying you were gonna go to that game. Guess I was wrong.

FarWestChicago
02-02-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

O, I thought I remember you saying you were gonna go to that game. Guess I was wrong. No, I did say that. I just never did anything about it. :smile:

czalgosz
02-02-2002, 09:05 PM
I write about one of Northern Cali's main exports, so this is the place for me.

You don't mean Humboldt County's biggest export, do you?

Jjav829
02-02-2002, 09:06 PM
No, I did say that. I just never did anything about it. :smile:

Ahhhh ok. :smile:

czalgosz
02-02-2002, 09:07 PM
No, I did say that. I just never did anything about it. :smile:

West, you're still up for an A's-Sox game, right?

FarWestChicago
02-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

West, you're still up for an A's-Sox game, right? Definitely!! :smile:

czalgosz
02-02-2002, 09:19 PM
Definitely!! :smile:

Okay, let me know. I know tickets aren't on sale yet, but we'll have to get in touch somehow before then.

Bisco Stu
02-02-2002, 09:35 PM
czalgosz: How did you know? Must be the Nietszche quote. Thought I was the only Nietszche/White Sox fan out there.

FarWestChicago
02-02-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Okay, let me know. I know tickets aren't on sale yet, but we'll have to get in touch somehow before then. Ode and I will get a list of who is going and we'll get the tickets. I'll keep you posted. :smile:

longshot7
02-03-2002, 02:34 PM
Ode and I will get a list of who is going and we'll get the tickets. I'll keep you posted. :smile:

Hey,count me in on that too! I can't make the SF/Sox game, but A's/Sox sounds good.

FarWestChicago
02-03-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by longshot7

Hey,count me in on that too! I can't make the SF/Sox game, but A's/Sox sounds good. I'll post a sticky thread when the time comes. So far there's me, Ode, Czal and you. I bet we could get Bisco and NUCats interested, too.

doublem23
02-03-2002, 04:07 PM
I'll post a sticky thread when the time comes. So far there's me, Ode, Czal and you. I bet we could get Bisco and NUCats interested, too.

Man, I must say, this makes me realize how much I'm gonna miss living in Chicago...

If I want to go to a Sox game, I hop on the Blue Line, transfer to the Red, and I'm there....

Chisox_cali
02-03-2002, 04:37 PM

Man, I must say, this makes me realize how much I'm gonna miss living in Chicago...

If I want to go to a Sox game, I hop on the Blue Line, transfer to the Red, and I'm there....

Hey I've had that feeling for 7 years now I must say it does SUCK only being able to go to 1 or 2 Sox games a year,though this year I am coming to Chicago on a Vacation this Summer so I'll try to go to a few there

Chisox_cali
02-03-2002, 04:39 PM

Hey,count me in on that too! I can't make the SF/Sox game, but A's/Sox sounds good.

Hey longshot are you still going to the Sox/Angels game? I think it's a weekend 3 game set May 10-12.

doublem23
02-03-2002, 04:41 PM
Hey I've had that feeling for 7 years now I must say it does SUCK only being able to go to 1 or 2 Sox games a year,though this year I am coming to Chicago on a Vacation this Summer so I'll try to go to a few there

Oh yeah, I love this being 30-45 minutes away (on a bad day) from Comiskey... I went to 12 games last year, and that's pretty low for me. I waste all my money on the Sox...

:reinsy
You should spend more.

NUCatsFan
02-04-2002, 01:40 PM

Did any of us Bay Area guys hear that commercial for Giants tickets? The one with the "Losers Bar"?

longshot7
02-04-2002, 02:17 PM

Hey longshot are you still going to the Sox/Angels game? I think it's a weekend 3 game set May 10-12.

Yeah, probably. Let's go. When do those tix go on sale? I went twice last year when the Sox were in town.

Chisox_cali
02-04-2002, 04:12 PM

Yeah, probably. Let's go. When do those tix go on sale? I went twice last year when the Sox were in town.

The Angels website says they go on sale beginning of March. I only went once last year in August, the Sox beat some ass 15-1. Maggs knocked out 2. It was a Good Day