PDA

View Full Version : Beware Fans Wearing Chicago Bear's Hats at Games

clarkent
05-23-2006, 04:29 PM
How can you tell a Cub fan at a Sox game? They are wearing Bears hats. Last night, I saw many Bears hats and tested my theory out-- each time I was right.

Why are the wearing these? Because the hats aren't Cub hats but have the similar "C".

Thoughts?

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Because they don't own Sox gear and don't wish to be barraged by "Cubs suck" taunts. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I applaud them for trying to stop trouble before it even begins.

bennyw41
05-23-2006, 04:43 PM
How can you tell a Cub fan at a Sox game? They are wearing Bears hats. Last night, I saw many Bears hats and tested my theory out-- each time I was right.

Why are the wearing these? Because the hats aren't Cub hats but have the similar "C".

Thoughts?

You're theory is stupid. Welcome to Chicago. The Bears and Cubs have had similar markings for a while. Get over it.

clarkent
05-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Welcome to Chicago?-- what does that mean Born and raised here. Just mentioning something that I have seen more and more of-- Have a great day!!

kittle42
05-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Which Bear's hat? Was it Tommie Harris?

AuroraSoxFan
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I'd probably do the same if I ever went to Wrigley. Not that I'd wanna be caught dead in that hole. But if so I'd probably stay neutral myself. I really think people who wear cubs crap to our park or Sox gear to their hole simply to annoy people have too much time on their hands.

bennyw41
05-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Welcome to Chicago?-- what does that mean Born and raised here. Just mentioning something that I have seen more and more of-- Have a great day!!

You've been here all your life and you just noticed that the C in the Bears looks a little similar to the Cubs? :?:

clarkent
05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
I'd probably do the same if I ever went to Wrigley. Not that I'd wanna be caught dead in that hole. But if so I'd probably stay neutral myself. I really think people who wear cubs crap to our park or Sox gear to their hole simply to annoy people have too much time on their hands.

i agree with that. Last night I had one of the most annoying guy's sitting behind my family and I. In his Cubbie hat-- seems that he didn't know a four letter word that he didn't like

TheDarkGundam
05-23-2006, 04:56 PM
The Bears are generally seen as common ground for us and them.
I believe it was Aaron Rowand who would wear a Bears shirt under his BP jersey, and would show it to cub fans if they were heckling him at the urinal.

I'll give these cub fans points for not wanting to advertise the fact that they are cub fans. I'll take them over the guys who go to a Sox/A's game wearing a cubs hat and Sosa jersey (referring to a guy I saw at last night's game).

34 Inch Stick
05-23-2006, 04:56 PM
The C on their hats are about as similar as the S on the Sox and Mariner hats.

Edward
05-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Totally off topic, but I just happened to be watching cops (New Orleans) on FOX Chicago while browsing this thread, and I look over to the TV to see a drunk man in full Cubs swag (Sosa jersey included) spitting on, and fighting with New Orleans police officers. Sorry for wasting 30 seconds of your life. Now back to regularly scheduled posting. :smile:

clarkent
05-23-2006, 04:58 PM
You've been here all your life and you just noticed that the C in the Bears looks a little similar to the Cubs? :?:

Read the post very carefully, at least try. I never said I just realized this. One of the reasons I got from those Cub/ Bear fans was because the "c" was the same.

By the way long time South sider Sox fans are not Bear fans either-- they are Cardinal fans because the Cardinals played at Old Comiskey.

AuroraSoxFan
05-23-2006, 04:59 PM
I had one of those at the Angels game in ANAHEIM of all places. And he was about 40 on top of it. He said he'd go anywhere to watch the sox lose (too bad we swept that series). Anyway, I just told him he may wanna move out of his mom's basement before going anywhere else to root against them.

Hangar18
05-23-2006, 05:15 PM

Thoughts?

Cub hats have the very little league-esqe Red and White "C" on it.
Bears hats look like the Cincinnati Reds "C". Not really similar.

bennyw41
05-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Read the post very carefully, at least try. I never said I just realized this. One of the reasons I got from those Cub/ Bear fans was because the "c" was the same.

By the way long time South sider Sox fans are not Bear fans either-- they are Cardinal fans because the Cardinals played at Old Comiskey.

You go ahead and be a Cardinals fan then. Point is, its not hard to figure out what a Cubs hat is and what a Bears hat is. Unless your color blind, or the hat sucks.

Hangar18
05-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Totally off topic, but I just happened to be watching cops (New Orleans) on FOX Chicago while browsing this thread, and I look over to the TV to see a drunk man in full Cubs swag (Sosa jersey included) spitting on, and fighting with New Orleans police officers. Sorry for wasting 30 seconds of your life. Now back to regularly scheduled posting. :smile:

SOMEONE HAS TO FIND THAT PICTURE! put it in our tags here!

cbotnyse
05-23-2006, 05:20 PM
I would much rather see a Bears hat at a game than a Cubs hat......except for 3 games in May, it makes no sense to wear a Cubs hat...just leave it at home.

I have been to a handful of Cubs games, and unless they were playing the Sox I didnt wear anything with Sox on it.....just made no sense to do so, IMO...

whitesoxwilkes
05-23-2006, 05:22 PM
I would much rather see a Bears hat at a game than a Cubs hat......except for 3 games in May, it makes no sense to wear a Cubs hat...just leave it at home.

I have been to a handful of Cubs games, and unless they were playing the Sox I didnt wear anything with Sox on it.....just made no sense to do so, IMO...

Same here. I wear a Bears hat every time I go to Wrigley when the Sox aren't playing.

C-Dawg
05-23-2006, 05:22 PM

On the rare occasions I've been to Wrigley Field I've worn the Sox 87-90 "e" hat. I'm thinking not a soul there knew what it was. The perfect disguise.

QCIASOXFAN
05-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Bears hats look like the Cincinnati Reds "C". Not really similar. A few years ago I had to take a delivery for this restaurant I worked at and it was fall so I had my Bears hat on and when I got to the door the lady told me go Cubs. :?: She gave me a nice tip so I just kinda nodded and ran away real quick.

lakeviewsoxfan
05-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Happens to me every time. I had my Sox hoodie on and was wearing my Bears cap and this guy goes to me "catching Cubs fever "I looked at him pointed to my sweatshirt and just looked at him with that what are you a moron look.

TDog
05-23-2006, 06:31 PM
What is the point to a Bears baseball cap?

PaleHoseGeorge
05-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Need I remind you conspiracy theorists that the night time temperatures at the ballpark were dipping into the 40's last night? Not everyone was so dumb as to pay $60 for an official White Sox blanket at the gift shop because it was sunny earlier in the day and they showed up for the first inning with nothing more than a t-shirt on their back.

Bears Gear = Chicago cold weather Gear.

Well, duh...

CLR01
05-23-2006, 06:45 PM

Thoughts?

That just proves my point that all Bears fans=Cub fans. :?:

Gavin
05-23-2006, 06:59 PM
:whocares

Chips
05-23-2006, 07:00 PM
I've worn Bears hats to the Sox games and I've worn my Jimmy Johnson.

:threadsucks

Palehose13
05-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Need I remind you conspiracy theorists that the night time temperatures at the ballpark were dipping into the 40's last night? Not everyone was so dumb as to pay $60 for an official White Sox blanket at the gift shop because it was sunny earlier in the day and they showed up for the first inning with nothing more than a t-shirt on their back.

Bears Gear = Chicago cold weather Gear.

Well, duh...

Pssst...George...the blankies were free if you applied for an MBNA credit card. :wink:

StockdaleForVeep
05-23-2006, 08:47 PM
You're theory is stupid. Welcome to Chicago. The Bears and Cubs have had similar markings for a while. Get over it.

I agree, reminds me of my nephews grandfather buying my nephew a cardinal hat cuz he is a cardinals fan but my bro is raising him to be a cub fan, thinking the similar hat will somehow woo him to the cards over the cubs. Sometimes i just wanna scream at his stupidity(the grandfather)

Nellie_Fox
05-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Bears hats look like the Cincinnati Reds "C". Not really similar.1955 Cubs cap:
http://www.cubworld.com/filebin/product/thumbs/royal_c.jpg

PaleHoseGeorge
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Pssst...George...the blankies were free if you applied for an MBNA credit card. :wink:
You mean I froze my ass for nothing more than the price of a few $50 late fees? Dammit!!!

:redneck

I want Mags back
05-23-2006, 10:15 PM
:threadblows:

WizardsofOzzie
05-23-2006, 11:37 PM

There was a girl in the parking lot by gate 2 last night that had her cubs gear on. As she was tailgating she stood under the sign on the light post that said "trash" with the arrow pointing down to the trashcan. I just missed getting a clean pic of it!!!!! :smile:

ewokpelts
05-24-2006, 12:08 AM
what? no bulls hats?

I'd say hawks hats too, but you'd get heckled anywhere wearing that loser operation's gear

SOecks
05-24-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm going to wear a Chicago Sky hat to my next game and just confuse the hell out of everybody.

Chips
05-24-2006, 12:53 AM
I'm going to wear a Chicago Sky hat to my next game and just confuse the hell out of everybody.

I think I am going to wear a Bears hat and a non Sox shirt to the game tomorrow for spite.

skottyj242
05-24-2006, 12:01 PM
If I go to a Cubs game should I wear a Bulls hat because they're both owned by Jerry? That will show them.

getonbckthr
05-24-2006, 04:27 PM
What is the point to a Bears baseball cap?
Because football helmets are actually very uncomfortable.

miker
05-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Because football helmets are actually very uncomfortable.
Not if properly sized, although they will get your head warm really quickly on a summer's day...

Now what if someone is wearing a University of Chicago cap?

Demafrost
05-25-2006, 01:32 AM
Cubs fans wear Bears gear to baseball games because they are used to seeing the offense shut out and the other team scoring 14 a game and get easily confused.

HotelWhiteSox
05-25-2006, 02:05 AM
The original poster has a point (with my experiences), I don't think it's because of the C, but they just don't want to wear Sox stuff. Today, on TV before the game started they showed fans coming into the park, and in a group, one douchebag who was wearing Bears gear said 'go Cubs'