PDA

View Full Version : Sox best record against top 8

ondafarm
05-23-2006, 01:31 PM
The White Sox have the best record against the top eight teams in the AL.

The top eight: White Sox, Det, Clev, Tex, Oak, Bos, NYY and Tor.

These are all the teams .500 or above.

The records against them are:

Sox: 8-4
Det: 10-7
Clev: 9-11

Bos: 8-10
NYY: 12-11
Tor: 10-9

Tex: 10-14
Oak: 9-12

Detroit's record looks better than it should because they've played the Indians 7 times (5-2)

hawkjt
05-23-2006, 01:41 PM
That is somewhat comforting but I am concerned that the sox have played by far the least games against the over.500 teams. The schedule will get much tougher and when you factor in the games against the cubs(another hapless unit) the sox have played an easy schedule so far.

What hurts is losing those games to KC,Tampa, and the Cubs.

ondafarm
05-23-2006, 01:54 PM
That is somewhat comforting but I am concerned that the sox have played by far the least games against the over.500 teams. The schedule will get much tougher and when you factor in the games against the cubs(another hapless unit) the sox have played an easy schedule so far.

What hurts is losing those games to KC,Tampa, and the Cubs.

The teams in the east haven't played against that many opponents yet either. New York hasn't played the central yet, except for KC. Bos played one series against Cleveland and the Jays ahve played us once.

Oakland has played everyone except Boston (and themselves, of course)
Texas has played everyone except the Jays and us.

I wouldn't worry about ease of schedule.

Frater Perdurabo
05-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Plus, the Sox have owned Detroit. If it comes down to head-to-head games to determine who wins the Central (not as a tiebreaker, but rather that the Sox will put the Tigers in the rear view mirror simply by beating them), the Sox should be in great shape.

elrod
05-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Detroit has another series against Cleveland coming up too.