PDA

View Full Version : Jurko says Barrett hitting AJ was a good play

PatK
05-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Did anybody hear that fat blowhard say that it was a good play for Barrett to hit AJ on yesterday's show?

It's bad enough that I have to listen to that guy make Harry Tinynuts sound knowledgable about baseball at times and his overuse of describing everything as "Top Notch".

But for him to even say that Barrett had any kind of right to do what he did is so mind blowingly stupid that I almost think it was intentional to get a rise out of the listeners.

I know he's a Cubs "fan" and hates the Sox, but even Mike Murphy put down the Blue Kool-Aid for a moment.

Uncle_Patrick
05-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Jurko is stupid. Everytime he opens his mouth about baseball, he comes off as stupid. I heard a little of this yesterday. His justification is that it gave Cubs fans something cheer about.

jdm2662
05-23-2006, 09:45 AM
Jerko is like every ex-football jock on the radio. He knows football and that's about it. He does have a NASCAR show, however. I don't follow NASCAR, so I can't comment on his knowledge of the subject. It's just part of the show. Their ratings skyrocketed when McNeil and Harry had their outbursts on the air. Such instances garner attention.

AuroraSoxFan
05-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Dude, don't even listen to those morons. They're not worth your time and they'll prove it to you time and time again. They really are idiots. That network could get tons of people to broadcast at a much better level than they do.

Steelrod
05-23-2006, 09:51 AM
If agravating someone gives them the right to punch in the face, how does Jerko have the guts to be seen in public? His face should look like a sponge by now!

Hangar18
05-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Did anybody hear that fat blowhard say that it was a good play for Barrett to hit AJ on yesterday's show?

It's bad enough that I have to listen to that guy make Harry Tinynuts sound knowledgable about baseball at times and his overuse of describing everything as "Top Notch".

But for him to even say that Barrett had any kind of right to do what he did is so mind blowingly stupid that I almost think it was intentional to get a rise out of the listeners.

I know he's a Cubs "fan" and hates the Sox, but even Mike Murphy put down the Blue Kool-Aid for a moment.

Did he really say that? I didnt hear the show, but I find it hard to believe anyone would say that, especially him. Im very disappointed if thats true. Ive met him a number of times, yeah hes a cub fan but he really respects the SOX and the way they play. If he did say that ............

Uncle_Patrick
05-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Did he really say that? I didnt hear the show, but I find it hard to believe anyone would say that, especially him. Im very disappointed if thats true. Ive met him a number of times, yeah hes a cub fan but he really respects the SOX and the way they play. If he did say that ............

Jurko said he hated the Sox last year during the playoffs and wanted them to lose.

PatK
05-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Hangar, he said it.

Mac, the Sox fan, said that regardless of the play, AJ is a "goon", although I didn't hear his explanation of why.

I've been listening to them less and less. Harry is a complete moron, Jurko is good with football and nothing else, and Mac is a Sox fan when it suits him.

The only reason I listen now is for Critics at Extra Large.

MsSoxVixen22
05-23-2006, 10:24 AM
My Dad said he was listening to MJ&H yesterday and he said Mack called AJ a goon for what he did. :dunno: Im not sure if he heard right or not. If that's true I'm surprised. Mack's supposed to be a Sox fan

Hangar18
05-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Hangar, he said it.

Mac, the Sox fan, said that regardless of the play, AJ is a "goon", although I didn't hear his explanation of why.

I've been listening to them less and less. Harry is a complete moron, Jurko is good with football and nothing else, and Mac is a Sox fan when it suits him.

The only reason I listen now is for Critics at Extra Large.

heh heh, wait til I see that clown again, heh heh

miker
05-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Jurko was hit in the head too many times during his football career. He's as irrelevant as his line of work. Ignore him.

beckett21
05-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Totally predictable.

That show has been unlistenable for quite awhile now. Mac claims to be a Sox fan but he is just as much of a windsock as anybody. It repulses me to hear him call himself a Sox fan.

Jurko has the IQ of a rock. (No offense to rocks.)

Harry is the most intelligent and palatable of the three; that pretty much says it all right there. :puking:

I've been listening to a lot more music these days.

Uncle_Patrick
05-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Totally predictable.

That show has been unlistenable for quite awhile now. Mac claims to be a Sox fan but he is just as much of a windsock as anybody. It repulses me to hear him call himself a Sox fan.

Harry is the most intelligent and palatable of the three; that pretty much says it all right there. :puking:

Excellent summary of their show. It pains me everytime Jurko even opens his mouth about baseball. I can't tell if he's just trying to be funny or if he's really that dumb.

Harry is too bleeding heart for me. When Prior went on the DL in 2004, I thought Harry was going to cry on the air.

Mac often confuses his opinion for fact.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Totally predictable.

The ONLY sports radio worth listening to can be comprised of three shows:

White Sox Pregame
White Sox Game
White Sox Postgame

SOXPHILE
05-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Isn't it time for those 2 fat blowholes Mac and Jerko to start their countdown to "Hearing the shoulderpads popping in Bourbonais" ? Shouldn't that weird, failed stand-up comedian Harry go into self imposed exile due to his sorrow over ANOTHER lost season for the Cubs ?

ChiFabulous1
05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm thinking this is one of those mancow type moments where he was just doing it to start controversy and have people call in.

Hangar18
05-23-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm thinking this is one of those mancow type moments where he was just doing it to start controversy and have people call in.

Im really starting to believe that ........... So I dont even want to talk about him if hes going to be This Lazy and Not Dignify the Profession that is Journalism. Im surprised other writers dont slap him or call him out.

CHISOXFAN13
05-23-2006, 11:33 AM
My Dad said he was listening to MJ&H yesterday and he said Mack called AJ a goon for what he did. :dunno: Im not sure if he heard right or not. If that's true I'm surprised. Mack's supposed to be a Sox fan

Mac was made to be an ass by Todd Walker last week and rightfully so. Mac had an opinion of something that happened in a game, and Walker said whoever had that opinion had no idea what it was like to compete. Pretty funny stuff.

D. TODD
05-23-2006, 11:36 AM
All three ripped Barrett for giving a clear cheap shot, and they also questioned his strength since the blow was so out of the blue it should have done more damage if he could throw a punch. All three also repeatedly said that A.J. did the right thing in running over Barrett who was squarely in the baseline. I think people just focus on any negative comment and forget anything positive that was said in alot of cases.

Dan Mega
05-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Jurko is to radio as what the Moron himself is to the media in general.

PatK
05-23-2006, 12:16 PM

That's one of the things I was thinking, which is why I made the thread. I wanted to see what others felt.

hawkjt
05-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Jurko was clearly speaking tongue in cheek about barrett doing the right thing.

They basically all condemned it and harry did it repeatedly calling his GM,owner,Manager,and catcher all jokes. he is the biggest cub fan around and he is ready to quit them.

AS far a sports talk they are still better than any alternative at that time.

sullythered
05-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Jurko is there to be an idiot. He's just doing what he was hired to do. The best part about listening to MJ & H is when Jurko talks at length without taking a breath. It's very funny when he gets to the end of his statement and his whole voice changes because his lungs are empty.

PatK
05-23-2006, 12:44 PM
JThe best part about listening to MJ & H is when Jurko talks at length without taking a breath
He runs out of breath in abour 4 seconds.

maurice
05-23-2006, 01:17 PM
The Trib has their heads so far up the Cubs' collective asses that you can see McGrath peeking out of Dusty's mouth. The Trib (particularly Sullivan (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-060522cubsbrite,1,5139636.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)) obviously got MacPhail's message loud and clear, since they are just printing whatever nonsense the Cubs decide to spew again today without any analysis and without pointing out the clear stench of BS.

Barrett: "The way I look at it is, if I'm out walking down the street and somebody knocks me down . . . ."
Captain Obvious: "You weren't walking down the street, moron. You were blocking home plate. Everybody in MLB, including your own manager, called it a clean hit by AJ."
Sullivan: [Crickets chirping.]

Barrett: "He's standing over me or coming back at me again."
Videotape: AJ and Barrett both get up. AJ tries to walk around Barrett to get his helmet. Barrett jumps in front of AJ, grabs him with his left arm, yells at him, and then punches him in the face.
Captain Obvious: "Watch the videotape. AJ did nothing wrong."
Sullivan: "Pierzynski's excuse was that he was only going to retrieve his helmet."

Barrett: "At that time, how can you expect me to react in a way other than pushing him, in a competitive way?"
Captain Obvious: "Well, let's see, (1) you could have refrained from jumping in front of AJ and grabbing him as he tried to walk past you, and (2) you didn't 'push' him, you grabbed him, swore at him, and then punched him in the face."

Dusty: "[The videotape] didn't show everything. There had to be some cause."
Captain Obvious: "That's right. AJ stabbed Barrett with an invisible knife. The 'cause' that you are searching for is the well-known fact that Barrett is a punk. That's not invisible. It's all right there on the videotape (and previous videotapes.)"
MacPhail: "Good boy, Sully. Keep it up."

AJ: "The videotape speak for itself. Everybody keeps saying that I do things wrong, but they won't say what they are. Hey, Chicago media, give me a list with evidence."
Captain Obvious: "Yeah, no kidding. They're really good at making up BS claims and repeating them over and over again, but where's the evidence?"
Dusty: "It's invisible!"
Cubune: [Crickets chirping.]

Dempster: "I was misquoted. I said if he was throwing a punch, which I'd heard he did, then I think that's wrong."
Tape of Interview: Cora's alleged involvement in the fight "was one of the most bush things I've ever seen." [No 'if' and no 'then.']
Sullivan / Van Dick (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0605230201may23,1,7981596.story?coll=chi-sportscubs-hed): "Dempster indeed was never heard to directly say Cora bit Jones."
:rolleyes:

- - -

A great city like Chicago deserves better from it's so-called journalists. Even the dimwits at the Best Damn Sports Show see through this BS. Then again, they're not financially linked to MacPhail.

Risk
05-23-2006, 01:21 PM
The Trib has their heads so far up the Cubs' collective asses that you can see McGrath peeking out of Dusty's mouth. The Trib (particularly Sullivan (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-060522cubsbrite,1,5139636.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)) obviously got MacPhail's message loud and clear, since they are just printing whatever nonsense the Cubs decide to spew again today without any analysis and without pointing out the clear stench of BS.

Barrett: "The way I look at it is, if I'm out walking down the street and somebody knocks me down . . . ."
Captain Obvious: "You weren't walking down the street, moron. You were blocking home plate. Everybody in MLB, including your own manager, called it a clean hit by AJ."

Barrett: "He's standing over me or coming back at me again."
Videotape: AJ and Barrett both get up. AJ tries to walk around Barrett to get his helmet. Barrett jumps in front of AJ, grabs him with his left arm, yells at him, and then punches him in the face.
Captain Obvious: "Watch the videotape. AJ did nothing wrong."
Sullivan: "Pierzynski's excuse was that he was only going to retrieve his helmet."

Barrett: "At that time, how can you expect me to react in a way other than pushing him, in a competitive way?"
Captain Obvious: "Well, let's see, (1) you could have refrained from jumping in front of AJ and grabbing him as he tried to walk past you, and (2) you didn't 'push' him, you grabbed him, swore at him, and then punched him in the face."

Dusty: "[The videotape] didn't show everything. There had to be some cause."
Captain Obvious: "That's right. AJ stabbed Barrett with an invisible knife. The 'cause' that you are searching for is the well-known fact that Barrett is a punk. That's not invisible. It's all right there on the videotape (and previous videotapes.)"
MacPhail: "Good boy, Sully. Keep it up."

AJ: "The videotape speak for itself. Everybody keeps saying that I do things wrong, but they won't say what they are. Hey, Chicago media, give me a list with evidence."
Captain Obvious: "Yeah, no kidding. They're really good at making up BS claims and repeating them over and over again, but where's the evidence?"
Dusty: "It's invisible!"
Cubune: [Crickets chirping.]

Dempster: "I was misquoted. I said if he was throwing a punch, which I'd heard he did, then I think that's wrong."
Tape of Interview: Cora's alleged involvement in the fight "was one of the most bush things I've ever seen." [No 'if' and no 'then.']
Sullivan / Van Dick (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0605230201may23,1,7981596.story?coll=chi-sportscubs-hed): "Dempster indeed was never heard to directly say Cora bit Jones."
:rolleyes:

- - -

A great city like Chicago deserves better from it's so-called journalists. Even the dimwits at the Best Damn Sports Show see through this BS. Then again, they're not financially linked to MacPhail.

Excellent rebuttal, counselor.

Risk