PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Core of the Core II wrap-up

ChiSoxGirl
05-23-2006, 09:13 AM
GREAT TIMES had by all at Core of the Core II! I don't know about everyone else, but I'm exhausted- 5:30a came way too soon... and I bailed on the postgame gathering at Puffer's! How's everyone else feeling this morning???

Despite it taking me an hour & a half to get to the ballpark (40 of those 90 minutes were to get from the Loop to the ballpark! :angry:) and getting to the patio at 5:45, I had a blast! I met up with all the WSIers I already knew- chisoxmike, skottyj242, IronFisk, robiwho (and her brother), The Dude, Chips, chisoxfanatic, whitesoxwilkes, MrRoboto83, alohafri, DumpJerry, itsnotrequired (and his wife), and many others- and met some great new people- koch44, Taliesinrk, SOXPHILE, PaleHoseGeorge, and others.

We got to our seats toward the end of the introductions and just in time for first pitch. In traditional Core of the Core fashion, seat assignments were obsolete, as everybody pretty much sat with the people they'd met in the patio, which was fun.

We chatted up the A's bullpen in between innings and chisoxmike even got into Houston Street's head, by yelling "Sesame Street" to him as he was warming and just before he was brought into the game. After offering the pitchers down there a beer, chisoxmike received a glare or two from the security down there, even without yelling any obscenities- it was all in good fun.

When Mackowiak came up in the 8th, the Core started a resounding chant of "OAK LAWN" and within minutes, he put one in the seats! Our group went crazy- it reminded me of when the Sox would win a playoff game last year. So many people jumping up & down, hugging one another, and throwing/spilling beer everywhere. I was knocked around pretty good and even managed to not only take an elbow to the head, but chisoxmike sat down in his seat with my left knee in the way! I have a huge bruise there as a souvenir! :tongue:

Somebody in our row called the Ozuna suicide squeeze and when it came to fruition, it was chaos- some of the Core standing on their seats, dancing around with their sunglasses on, and just enjoying another thrilling White Sox Winner!

Does anyone find it funny that it's always been Pablo with the amazing plays at Core of the Core? Last year at COTC, Ozuna stole home; last night he wins the game with a squeeze bunt in the 10th! Pablo is awesome! :bandance:

GREAT TIMES HAD BY ALL! :bandance: :gulp:

skottyj242
05-23-2006, 09:24 AM
My head hurts.

whitesoxwilkes
05-23-2006, 09:27 AM
My head hurts.
I knew if I went out afterwards that I'd be in the same boat. Three straight days of hangovers was more than enough.

Fun time had by all, even though I spent half the night scoreboard-watching and grinding my teeth as Detroit pounded KC.

Is it Chips or The Dude who has the 1933 jersey? God I want one of those.

skottyj242
05-23-2006, 09:31 AM
I didn't even go out afterwards, I went straight home.

ChiSoxGirl
05-23-2006, 09:32 AM
I knew if I went out afterwards that I'd be in the same boat. Three straight days of hangovers was more than enough.

Fun time had by all, even though I spent half the night scoreboard-watching and grinding my teeth as Detroit pounded KC.

I have a headache this morning, but not from too much wine- it's from being hit in the head with an elbow, hearing the cowbells knocked against the metal railing of the A's bullpen, being knocked around when Mackowiak hit his homerun! :redneck

Chips has that 1933 jersey. Grandstand held one for him and I think he picked it up the night the Sox won the Pennant.

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2006, 09:37 AM

That was Chips, the one who had robiwho as his "personal date" last night (I don't know which one of them had more beer last night :tongue: ).

It was fun personally heckling the Oakland back-up catcher in the bullpen! I even got him to smile at me after the game! He liked it!

Does everyone find it ironic who was sitting right in front of DumpJerry?

It was awesome as always to see everyone there and meet up with my Cowbell Brother (IronFisk) once again! I even got the big cowbell! Mitch even cut his finger and bled due to the cowbell. The two of us once again did the Cowbell Dance.

Great game, great comeback, great outcome! I kinda felt like I was back at Puffers last October with all of the people going into total chaos in the COTC area! It was great!

Quotable: "Where is MarySwiss? I want some bootay!" ~ Chips after the game

ChetChat
05-23-2006, 09:46 AM
We got to our seats toward the end of the introductions and just in time for first pitch. In traditional Core of the Core fashion, seat assignments were obsolete, as everybody pretty much sat with the people they'd met in the patio, which was fun.

Except for me, being a newbie, I went to my seat. I sat in between 2 wonderful people, though. Isabel from NJ, a season ticket holder, was with her boyfriend from one of the other Sox fan sites, and a wonderful young man, Aaron, who is on R&R from fighting in Iraq. He goes back in 2 weeks and was there with his adorable 10 year old son. Aaron was nice enough to share his blanket with me all game, I was freezing!
It was nice getting to meet a few WSI'ers at the patio party pre game..Tebman, TornLabrum, Palehose13, Cheeses, SoxintheCity... among others.
Good time was had.

skobabe8
05-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Sounds like it was a great time. Sorry I couldnt go. Aw well, here's to COTC III! :gulp:

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Sounds like it was a great time. Sorry I couldnt go. Aw well, here's to COTC III! :gulp:

You and Converted were missed!

tebman
05-23-2006, 10:02 AM
"A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread -- and Thou" - Khayyam

Actually it was plastic cups of beer, hot dog buns -- and WSI denizens. But the line from the poem sounds better.

But what sounded best was the sound of the crowd in the ballpark when Frank came to bat, when Mackowiak hit the homer, and when Ozuna did his 2-out squeeze. Those sounds, along with Chisoxfanatic's relentless cowbell. :D:

A great time! No other way to say it. Thanks to TornLabrum and Kurt in the Sox ticket office for putting it together. Also a great post-game meeting at Puffers, where the great thinkers of WSI shared their insight and erudition.

And a mea culpa from me -- it was my elbow that found the top of Chisoxgirl's head. High-fives, embraces and big claps everywhere at that moment. We were nothing if not effusive, as the A's bullpen learned throughout the game.

Thanks again! :gulp:

Hangar18
05-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Definitely sounded like a good time.

cbotnyse
05-23-2006, 10:06 AM
I was there last night but missed the patio party.....sounds like it was a great time....did you guys have nametags? I had visions of people asking each other's names and then saying, "no no no, I mean your WSI name" :tongue:

Rob M.'s HR was insane...our section was going crazy like a playoff win, sounds like your section was too....good times

Id also like to echo my head hurting too.....its been a long weekend of games, continuing into yesterday...

Meixner007
05-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Yes great time last night. Nice to finally put some faces to the names. I met Wilkes, FedEx, Hal, Koch44, MrRoboto who I had bought tix off before and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head. Thanks for not berating my buddy (guy with the oakland cap) too hard. Great times had by all. I also echo Wilkes comments that 3 days worth of hangovers is enough.

minutia
05-23-2006, 10:28 AM
I had a great time too. I met Chisoxgirl, Tebman, Dr Crawdaddy, South Side Hitman, Ironfisk, Robiwho and Soxphile. I went to Puffers afterwards but was not there long since I was very tired. It was nice meeting many of you. It is great going to a game with such enthusiastic people. Thanks.

ChiSoxGirl
05-23-2006, 10:44 AM
I was there last night but missed the patio party.....sounds like it was a great time....did you guys have nametags? I had visions of people asking each other's names and then saying, "no no no, I mean your WSI name" :tongue:

We had name tags, thanks to Palehose13, who snagged 100 or so from her school.

DaleJRFan
05-23-2006, 10:51 AM
I wasn't even a part of Core of the Core this year and my head hurts from that game... Erik The Red and I were yelling way too much. Drank way too much and lost my friggin debit card!

But the Sox won, YEY :bandance: :bandance:

itsnotrequired
05-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I didn't get to bed until a little after midnight so I'm dragging a bit today. I slept in until 7:00 so I'll have to spend an extra hour at work tonight.

Great times last night. It was nice to meet some more WSI members as well as throw my bows with the usual crew. I lost two beers to the Baseball Gods but thems the breaks when you sit in the first row.

We need to have another CotC event, post-haste...

MrRoboto83
05-23-2006, 11:06 AM
We had name tags, thanks to Palehose13, who snagged 100 or so from her school.

I had a great time last night, it was nice putting faces to the names! When those name tags went on, everything just made perfect sense, It was like being in a live in person gameday thread! It felt like playoff baseball last night, it reminded me of game 2 of the ALCS, we were all just going nuts, I wish I could sit in that section with you guys every game. I hope we can have more of these WSI get togethers.

My ears are still cowbell happy, for some reason the cowbell sounds much better when it's a White Sox winner.

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Why oh why did I end up closing Puffer's?

Anyone got some aspirin?

:gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
05-23-2006, 11:13 AM

Anyone got some aspirin?

You closed Puffer's?! :o: Who else was there with you? Let me guess... chisoxmike and Chips? :wink:

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Wow sounds like a good time. Watched the game in a hotel bar...God bless MLB package!!

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2006, 11:16 AM
You closed Puffer's?! :o: Who else was there with you? Let me guess... chisoxmike and Chips? :wink:
How did you know? :wink:

Also there: Southside_Hitmen, Tebman, Robiwho, Logansquaresox, SoxinthecityTee...and some others I just can't remember.

Chips owes the Puffer's janitorial staff for what he did last night, too. :redface:

ChiSoxGirl
05-23-2006, 11:20 AM

Also there: Southside_Hitmen, Tebman, Robiwho...and some others I just can't remember.

Chips owes the Puffer's janitorial staff for what he did last night, too. :redface:

I forgot about robiwho... I should've put here in there, too because chisoxmike was her ride home! What did Chips do?!

Was closing time 1:30 or 2a?

itsnotrequired
05-23-2006, 11:25 AM

Also there: Southside_Hitmen, Tebman, Robiwho, Logansquaresox, SoxinthecityTee...and some others I just can't remember.

memo to self: get the day off for the day after the next CotC

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2006, 11:28 AM
I forgot about robiwho... I should've put here in there, too because chisoxmike was her ride home! What did Chips do?!

Was closing time 1:30 or 2a?

Chips ===> :chunks:

Closing time was around 2:00. I went to bed close to 4am. And I'm paying for it today.

chisoxmike
05-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Wow. The night proved to be much longer than I expected.
Great game tonight and was very happy to see Frank and the reception he got ALL GAME!

So...when's the next Core?:D:

MinnySoxFan
05-23-2006, 11:32 AM
being to young, i didnt have the oppurtunity to go into the BPSB after the game or Puffers. it was great to meet Itsnotrequired and sit next to the man who single-handly pissed off the entire 106 section.

I'm ready for CoTC III.

ChiSoxGirl
05-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Chips ===> :chunks:

:roflmao:And to think... he was talking to me after the game and told me he wasn't nearly as drunk at this COTC as he was at the last one!

itsnotrequired
05-23-2006, 11:34 AM
being to young, i didnt have the oppurtunity to go into the BPSB after the game or Puffers. it was great to meet Itsnotrequired and sit next to the man who single-handly pissed off the entire 106 section.

I'm ready for CoTC III.

Wait, did I piss off a whole section? Color me confused.

:?:

skottyj242
05-23-2006, 11:38 AM

Hopefully not on the jersey?

Meixner007
05-23-2006, 11:45 AM

I'm ready for CoTC III.

Yeah, I know who you were talking about. He wa getting on my nerves too, but oh well.

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2006, 11:47 AM
:roflmao:And to think... he was talking to me after the game and told me he wasn't nearly as drunk at this COTC as he was at the last one!

I don't think I saw Chips with less than 2 beers in his hands at any time all night.

:bandance:

Risk
05-23-2006, 11:49 AM
It was nice to meet everyone and playing musical chairs in Row 9. :D: We had to bolt in the 8th b/c my wife has Lyme Disease and the weather was really starting to get to her. Too bad that we missed the rally, cause I could only imagine how electric the whole stadium had to have been. Anyway, can't wait for Core of the Core III.

Risk

SOXPHILE
05-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I know who you were talking about. He wa getting on my nerves too, but oh well.

Was that the guy in that...jogging suit thingy, and the slicked back hair ?

itsnotrequired
05-23-2006, 11:52 AM
I don't think I saw Chips with less than 2 beers in his hands at any time all night.

:bandance:

The best was when he walked out of the Patio Party looking like he had a couple casts on his legs. He then produced a beer from each pant pocket.

His pants were only moderately wet.:tongue:

MrRoboto83
05-23-2006, 11:59 AM
The best was when he walked out of the Patio Party looking like he had a couple casts on his legs. He then produced a beer from each pant pocket.

His pants were only moderately wet.:tongue:

He needs to buy one of those Hydro back packs and fill it up next time. Here I thought he wetted his pants. :D:

itsnotrequired
05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
He needs to buy one of those Hydro back packs and fill it up next time. Here I thought he wetted his pants. :D:

It was actually pretty impressive. The cups didn't have any lids and the pockets were pretty tight. I mean, its not like he was wearing raver pants or something.

alohafri
05-23-2006, 12:12 PM

But it was nice to see that Florida Marlins score!

FedEx227
05-23-2006, 12:19 PM
He also pissed off much of Section 105.

I'm sure most of you guys heard him, he was in Row 12, saying **** every few sentences, being an expert of all things baseball including his famous "Barry ****ing Zito it'll be a ****ing joke if you ever ****ing win the Cy Young" and spilling beer on my dad and I for most of the game. :angry:

But outside of him it was a great time, I wasn't in the little pre-game gathering at the Patio, I went outside next to the field to eat, but I meet most of the guys outside. Great game, I'm there next year!

Was that the guy in that...jogging suit thingy, and the slicked back hair ?

Yeah, I believe so. He had glasses on and was keeping a running tally of how many beers he had.

SOXPHILE
05-23-2006, 12:27 PM

I'm sure most of you guys heard him, he was in Row 12, saying **** every few sentences, being an expert of all things baseball including his famous "Barry ****ing Zito it'll be a ****ing joke if you ever ****ing win the Cy Young" and spilling beer on my dad and I for most of the game. :angry:

But outside of him it was a great time, I wasn't in the little pre-game gathering at the Patio, I went outside next to the field to eat, but I meet most of the guys outside. Great game, I'm there next year!

Yeah, I believe so. He had glasses on and was keeping a running tally of how many beers he had.

Oh. I don't know if that's the same guy. There was one guy with some striped joggin suit on, and he looked like some bad "wise guy" stereotype from a mafia movie. He kept running down the stairs and yelling something, but I couldn't hear or make out what he was saying. Mostly, I just laughed...

LongLiveFisk
05-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Did you guys do this with SoxTalk again? (Just curious)...

Speaking of them I guess they delete your account if you don't post for a while. I tried logging on and I kept getting an error message. Then when I put my user name in to get the password it told me there was no such member. :?:

IronFisk
05-23-2006, 12:32 PM
That was an absolute BLAST! Squirels, cowbells and really strange signs... wonder if that "I fixed my faucet this weekend" sign made it on TV?

Great meeting all the "new" faces! I think Heather needs a cowbell more than I :redneck. I agree Jen, those two moments - Mackowiak's HR and Ozuna's suicide - took me right back to last October at Puffers. Pure MADNESS! Mike even knocked my glasses off - good times!

I was tempted to try Puffers afterwards, but my drive got me home after midnight. Can't believe so many closed the place! I certainly hope robiwho made it back in one piece - right Mike?

Definitely need to have Core III later this year - should be bi-annual.

itsnotrequired
05-23-2006, 12:34 PM
That was an absolute BLAST! Squirels, cowbells and really strange signs... wonder if that "I fixed my faucet this weekend" sign made it on TV?

The wife and I helped the guy hold the sign over the bullpen. Security was quick to have us remove it. Great sign though.:cool:

SOXPHILE
05-23-2006, 12:36 PM
The wife and I helped the guy hold the sign over the bullpen. Security was quick to have us remove it. Great sign though.:cool:

Why did they make them remove it ? It wasn't vulgar or anything like that. The more I thought about it, the funnier I thought it was. So random, and having nothing to do with the game, I thought it was funny.

mike squires
05-23-2006, 12:36 PM
I was there but in the upper deck. You guys are lucky. I had a long ist of dumb questions to ask you guys. Oh well, off season will be here soon enough.

itsnotrequired
05-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Why did they make them remove it ? It wasn't vulgar or anything like that. The more I thought about it, the funnier I thought it was. So random, and having nothing to do with the game, I thought it was funny.

I'm guessing they don't want anyone hanging anything over the bullpen. Whatevs...

robiwho
05-23-2006, 12:42 PM

I've been asking myself the same question all morning...

Many thanks to chisoxmike for getting me home safe and sound -- I'd put the gulp smilie here, but I can't bear the thought of even that much beer.

QueerGirrl
05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
All I have to say is MORE COWBELL!!!!!! We had a blast and we can't wait for COTC III: Revenge of the Bell! :D:

jenn2080
05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm guessing they don't want anyone hanging anything over the bullpen. Whatevs...

i expected your beer count to go up tremendously after the patio party

itsnotrequired
05-23-2006, 12:52 PM
i expected your beer count to go up tremendously after the patio party

Too difficult to count. I decided to just add "Patio Party" to my list and let people draw their own conclusions.:cool:

IronFisk
05-23-2006, 01:04 PM

THAT'S what you were holding up - LOL! I saw the ruckus from the down the row and didn't see the sign. GREAT idea!

logansquaresox
05-23-2006, 01:18 PM
I've been asking myself the same question all morning...
As have I.

What a great time, though! 'Twas a pleasure to meet so many more of you!

(robiwho, did you see that someone--SMO, I think--from the gamethread thought we are sisters?)

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Did Chips drive himself home? :o:

IlliniSox4Life
05-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Didn't get to meet many of you. I got there as the place opened and figured we could sit anywhere we wanted in the patio section, so naturally I chose on the warning track section. I didn't find out until we left that each group was supposed to have their own area :redface:. The sections weren't labeled on those dry erase boards when I first got in there, so I just assumed it was kind of open. Anyway, my 3 friends and I still had a great time.

We sat probably around row 13-16. Not sure exactly, our tickets were either 13 or 14, but we ended up sitting a row or two behind there. I was wearing the old 80s jersey with the big stripe across the center that says Sox, but it was a grey jersey with green/pink accents. I call it the ugliest Sox jersey ever. Pretty sure I was the only one there wearing one. I also needed to shave.

Anyway, I would definately be in for CotCIII, and hopefully I'll get to meet more of you. You sure were raising hell with that damned cowbell.

StillMissOzzie
05-23-2006, 01:41 PM
As have I.

(robiwho, did you see that someone--SMO, I think--from the gamethread thought we are sisters?)

Yeah, that was me. Do the answer is no? :redface:

SMO

whitesoxwilkes
05-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Oh, forgot to mention earlier on that apparently I was on the Jumbotron guzzling the last of one of my beers and then putting it in the cupholder.

chisoxmike
05-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Did Chips drive himself home? :o:

No, I drove chips and robiwho home laaaaaaattttteeee last night.

logansquaresox
05-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, that was me. Do the answer is no? :redface:

SMO

Yeah. Otherwise, my mom has a lot of explaining to do... :wink:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-23-2006, 01:59 PM

You're a party animal to the extreme. That's why.

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2006, 02:09 PM
You're a party animal to the extreme. That's why.

:thumbsup:

And I did it without the help of you and Bizzurgh!

SouthSide_HitMen
05-23-2006, 02:20 PM

Glad to you and robiwho post here (you arrived home safe and sound). No Chips sighting yet so maybe he is laying in front of his door, sleeping off the activities of yesterday/ today. :smile:

It was an awesome game. Nobody mentioned Frank's two Home Runs here. That is the first (and hopefully only) time an opposing player gets a standing ovation after hitting a home run off of a White Sox pitcher. He received a lukewarm response the second time.

The fact we were able to enjoy two Frank homers and a White Sox winner made COTC Part II one of the best regular season games I have ever attended.

Kudos to TornLabrum for setting this up!!! I wasn't at the COTC last year (was in the upper deck though they wouldn't let me down) but it seemed like a great turnout.

It was great meeting Mary Swiss from Arizona, DrCrawdad, logansquaresox, tebman, chisoxmike, Iron Fisk & chisoxfanatic (hope your cowbell injuries heal but the cow bell ringing stays in both of your heads :tongue:), Risk, Chips (Awesome Appling jersey) and minutia as well as seeing posters seen elsewhere - ChiSoxGirl, Cheeses (glad you made it home OK), itsnotrequired, DumpJerry and robiwho (glad you and your purse made it home ok :D: ).

My days of closing bars a limited to a handful of times a year these days (getting old sucks - or maybe it is wisdom and not age that calls me home at a regular hour :o: ) but last night was worth it.

Wanted to talk to PHG about soccer (couldn't find him during the game) and chisoxfantic about hockey (she bailed from the Puffers outing - damn Carolina won yesterday - the only bad thing that happened yesterday). Maybe next COTC.

A toast to Frank Thomas and COTC II :gulp: :gulp:

robiwho
05-23-2006, 03:14 PM
As have I.

Excellent! I always wanted a sister!

robiwho
05-23-2006, 03:16 PM

Actually, I think that was early this morning.

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Actually, I think that was early this morning.

I'm glad you made it home ok, girl! I was worried about you!!!

Glad Chips had a DD for the night.

Hopefully everyone's heads are healed after all the cowbell from Mitch and myself. We just like to have fun with the cowbell!

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Wanted to talk to PHG about soccer (couldn't find him during the game) and chisoxfantic about hockey (she bailed from the Puffers outing - damn Carolina won yesterday - the only bad thing that happened yesterday). Maybe next COTC.

PHG's actually a she! :smile:

Yea, we'll definitely have to talk pucks next time.

TheKittle
05-23-2006, 03:28 PM
In all this excitement did people forget how to either use a camera or post pics on here?

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2006, 03:29 PM
In all this excitement did people forget how to either use a camera or post pics on here?

ChiSoxGirl definitely used her camera.

Hey, Jen...POST IT!!!

itsnotrequired
05-23-2006, 03:36 PM

Then the costume was amazing since he looked an awful lot like a guy to me.:D:

SouthSide_HitMen
05-23-2006, 03:40 PM

Yea, we'll definitely have to talk pucks next time.

PHG = George Bova (not a reference to PaleHose13).

JohnBasedowYoda
05-23-2006, 03:40 PM
:thumbsup:

And I did it without the help of you and Bizzurgh!

If it wasn't for class I'd have gone. If I made it though we'd have to pour one for our Homie 'Burgh.

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2006, 03:48 PM
PHG = George Bova (not a reference to PaleHose13).

D'oh! I take that back! For a moment, I thought you were talking about Palehose13 there!

Yea, it was great finally meeting PaleHoseGeorge!

IlliniSox4Life
05-23-2006, 04:19 PM

Well, I didn't take pics of anybody on here except for myself (didn't meet many people, I was sitting about 5 rows behind where most of the WSI people were, and I thought it'd be creepy to start taking pictures of people I didn't know).

Anyway, I am uploading the few photos here that I did take, they're pending aproval, and I haven't done it before, so I am not sure how it will go, but here is a couple shrunk down hosted on a different server:

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/kshanks2/cotc1.JPG
World Series Banner: Glorious, isn't it?

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/kshanks2/cotc2.JPG
Thank You Indeed.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/kshanks2/cotc7.JPG
I'm on the far left in the ugliest Sox jersey ever. Thanks to whoever it was that took this picture for us if he was from WSI.

If anyone wants bigger versions, they should be in the photo gallery when they are approved, or message me for them.

koch44
05-23-2006, 04:20 PM

Yeah, my grandma and I had to sit next to him. Now she doesn't want to go to this event again.:angry: He kept on ranting about Frank too, which pissed me off. Meixner tried to knock some sense into him but to no avail.

We had to leave right after Mackowiak hit the home run because she wanted to catch the 10:30 metra, rather than sit at Union Station till 12:30. However on Wednesday, we're driving to Cumberland, and taking the blue line and transferring so we can stay till the last out.:bandance:

We were able to see the Mackowiak's hit, and Ozuna's game winning bunt single when we arrived at the bar at Union Station, however.:bandance:

It was great to meet other members: ChiSoxGirl, Taliesinrk, itsnotrequired, Chips, The Dude, MrRoboto83, Robiwho, Chisoxfanatic, TornLabrum, PHG, Cheeses, MarySwiss, Palehose13, Chisoxmike, etc.

Hope to see you guys again in the future!:gulp:

pearso66
05-23-2006, 04:34 PM
It was a great time had by all. I will definitally be up for a COTC 3 if it happens, and I am in town. I only wish I had talked to some people prior to the game in the Patio, but I did have a good time sitting behind ItsNotRequired, and Chisoxgirl, Chisoxmike and Chisoxfanatic and Tebman. Great people, great game, couldn't have been any better.

Daver
05-23-2006, 04:59 PM
I just approved all your photos, you can see them now.

TommyJohn
05-23-2006, 05:30 PM
I was there myself, but I had a bad attack of shyness and chose to sit
in the patio and the stands anonymously. I usually don't get worked up
and jump up and down even when the Sox win, but I did last night. I guess
I just got into it with everybody being so excited. The cowbell was a bit
nerve-whracking, but chisoxfanatic was so darn funny it didn't matter.

I will say that I was pretty much in the middle of the group. I was directly
behind cheeses, Crawdad, chisoxfanatic, ChiSoxGirl and the others in that
row. They were in my direct line of vision the whole time. I liked Chips Number
4 jersey. I also saw a guy will a number 14 Melton jersey.

Anyway, just being around the group made for a very fun time and when
the Sox scored the winning run, as I said I went a little crazier than usual
because I was just in the spirit.

Chips
05-23-2006, 05:49 PM
The core of the core was ****ing awesome. It was good to put some new names with some new faces.

Chips
05-23-2006, 05:51 PM

That was mw with the jersey and I saw one in Grandstand sunday morning. If they still have it, I don't know.

Chips
05-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Glad to you and robiwho post here (you arrived home safe and sound). No Chips sighting yet so maybe he is laying in front of his door, sleeping off the activities of yesterday/ today. :smile:

It was an awesome game. Nobody mentioned Frank's two Home Runs here. That is the first (and hopefully only) time an opposing player gets a standing ovation after hitting a home run off of a White Sox pitcher. He received a lukewarm response the second time.

The fact we were able to enjoy two Frank homers and a White Sox winner made COTC Part II one of the best regular season games I have ever attended.

Kudos to TornLabrum for setting this up!!! I wasn't at the COTC last year (was in the upper deck though they wouldn't let me down) but it seemed like a great turnout.

It was great meeting Mary Swiss from Arizona, DrCrawdad, logansquaresox, tebman, chisoxmike, Iron Fisk & chisoxfanatic (hope your cowbell injuries heal but the cow bell ringing stays in both of your heads :tongue:), Risk, Chips (Awesome Appling jersey) and minutia as well as seeing posters seen elsewhere - ChiSoxGirl, Cheeses (glad you made it home OK), itsnotrequired, DumpJerry and robiwho (glad you and your purse made it home ok :D: ).

My days of closing bars a limited to a handful of times a year these days (getting old sucks - or maybe it is wisdom and not age that calls me home at a regular hour :o: ) but last night was worth it.

A toast to Frank Thomas and COTC II :gulp: :gulp:

I'm ****ing exhausted. I didn't fall aslep til about 4:30 after going to the South Loop with ChiSoxMike and robiwho, and I was up at 6:00 to go to work. I'm alive and I'm on my way to the game now.

TornLabrum
05-23-2006, 06:26 PM
I had a great time, too, although I wasn't the most sociable person in the world last night. I had a sinus headache all day that wouldn't let up. However, I did get to meet a few new people, renew acquaintances with some old friends, and not recognize PHG because he was clean shaven the last I saw him. (The sad part of that is that he has a family resemblance to my brother-in-law, and I still didn't recognize him.)

A few people suggested that we do another one this summer. Since we were by far the most responsive group, and since one of the other sites involved has suggested they do one on their one, I sent an email to Kurt before I went to bed last night. There are about a half-dozen dates we could reserve about 200 seats, but the dates he suggested were a couple in August. I'll get back later this evening with a few more details, and ask then if it's worth my while to pursue it. Stay tuned.

Daver
05-23-2006, 06:30 PM
I had a great time, too, although I wasn't the most sociable person in the world last night. I had a sinus headache all day that wouldn't let up. However, I did get to meet a few new people, renew acquaintances with some old friends, and not recognize PHG because he was clean shaven the last I saw him. (The sad part of that is that he has a family resemblance to my brother-in-law, and I still didn't recognize him.)

A few people suggested that we do another one this summer. Since we were by far the most responsive group, and since one of the other sites involved has suggested they do one on their one, I sent an email to Kurt before I went to bed last night. There are about a half-dozen dates we could reserve about 200 seats, but the dates he suggested were a couple in August. I'll get back later this evening with a few more details, and ask then if it's worth my while to pursue it. Stay tuned.

I would be interested if you can book it for a Sat or Sun day game.

Edward
05-23-2006, 06:35 PM
I'd be down for any day. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting tickets. I did however catch the game from the fan deck, and I'm pretty sure I witnessed the WSI crew as I was leaving the Bullpen Sports Bar after the 1st.

LongLiveFisk
05-23-2006, 06:55 PM

That would be great. I really want to meet some of the WSIers. :D:

TornLabrum
05-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Just to make my life easier, please post stuff related to a tentative July-August date in the stuck thread.

TommyJohn
05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
I had a great time, too, although I wasn't the most sociable person in the world last night.

I could tell. I saw you eating by yourself in the patio area.

TornLabrum
05-23-2006, 08:49 PM
I could tell. I saw you eating by yourself in the patio area.

Yeah, I was hoping the beer would help deaden the headache

SouthSide_HitMen
05-23-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm ****ing exhausted. I didn't fall aslep til about 4:30 after going to the South Loop with ChiSoxMike and robiwho, and I was up at 6:00 to go to work. I'm alive and I'm on my way to the game now.

Glad to hear it - I was able to hold such a schedule a long time ago. No bar hopping tonight and you will be as good as new on Wednesday.

I was amazed at the different types of beers at Puffers and you can't beat a $5 pitcher of Pabst!

The Dudley Doright awards go to ChiSoxMike who drove you two home and SoxInTheCityTee for rescuing the belongings of a fellow WSIer. They join ChiSoxGirl in the newly created Good Samaritan wing of the WSI Hall of Fame.

http://www.petcaretips.net/dudley_doright_horse.jpg

ChetChat
05-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, my grandma and I had to sit next to him. Now she doesn't want to go to this event again.

I met your grandma in the food line. She's a sweetheart! She told me how you were taking her to the ball game. I figured you were with WSI. She also knew it was all the beer you can drink, and "I'm not going home with a drunk". I told her she could just leave you at the ball park if that happened. :D:

ChiSoxGirl
05-23-2006, 09:42 PM
ChiSoxGirl definitely used her camera.

Hey, Jen...POST IT!!!

I'm working on it! I uploaded the pictures after I got home from work this afternoon and hope to have them submitted to the gallery tonight.

EDIT: POST IT! has been completed; they're just waiting for approval!

nasox
05-23-2006, 09:42 PM

I remember seeing you walking by some guys really slowly. They were saying, "You are one slow ass mother ****er." Pretty funny stuff.

pearso66
05-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I was hoping the beer would help deaden the headache

I also saw you in the patio area, but I was being kind of shy until I got to my seats. Everyone seemed to know each other, and I felt awkward just going up to random people, even though I know the screennames.

DrCrawdad
05-23-2006, 10:37 PM
As I mentioned somewhere else, kudos to cheeses_h_rice for the ticket. I had "other plans" that at the last moment I was able to clear away so that I could go. Unfortunately, I got down to the patio late and sat by myself wolfing down chicken.

Glad to have the opportunity to go. Last year my first White Sox win wasn't until game two of the ALDS.

Chips, you do remember when you promised to give me the jersey you were wearing last night, right? If you hurled on my jersey please get it cleaned before you Fedex it to me.

:)

Chips
05-23-2006, 10:42 PM
As I mentioned somewhere else, kudos to cheeses_h_rice for the ticket. I had "other plans" that at the last moment I was able to clear away so that I could go. Unfortunately, I got down to the patio late and sat by myself wolfing down chicken.

Glad to have the opportunity to go. Last year my first White Sox win wasn't until game two of the ALDS.

Chips, you do remember when you promised to give me the jersey you were wearing last night, right? If you hurled on my jersey please get it cleaned before you Fedex it to me.

:)

No, the jersey is fine, I hurled on the floor. Damn Whiskey.

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I AM GIVING IT AWAY.

DrCrawdad
05-23-2006, 10:53 PM

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I AM GIVING IT AWAY.

Chips, how can you? You don't remember promising to give me the jersey? Indian giver...

Chips
05-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Chips, how can you? You don't remember promising to give me the jersey? Indian giver...

I'd rather give you a kidney than that jersey.

DrCrawdad
05-23-2006, 11:24 PM

:farmer
Did you say you wanted to hear about my kidney transplant?

chisoxmike
05-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Great to see all the usuals last night...skottyj242, chisoxgirl, chisoxfanatic, chips, the dude, robiwho, kevin57, cheeses h rice, iron fisk, dump jerry, soxstarter, steff, palehose13,itsnotrequired, alhoafri,whitesoxwilkes...

Glad to finally meet PaleHoseGeorge and mary swiss, tebman, mr. roboto, southside_hitmen, logan square sox last night

I got to see Dr. Crawdad, Risk, and Still Miss Ozzie for the first time since the last Core of the Core

The Dude
05-23-2006, 11:41 PM

What do you need that jersey for man?? You have the custom one coming in the mail....let the man have it!:cool:

Chips
05-23-2006, 11:47 PM
What do you need that jersey for man?? You have the custom one coming in the mail....let the man have it!:cool:

Give me the Canseco jersey.

The Dude
05-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Give me the Canseco jersey.

It'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

SOXintheBURGH
05-24-2006, 12:15 AM
If it wasn't for class I'd have gone. If I made it though we'd have to pour one for our Homie 'Burgh.

Wish I could have made it this year fellers. I'll make up for it tonight and pull out the ol' box set and many Keystone Ice Pounders.

MarySwiss
05-24-2006, 12:21 AM
Hey, guys!

Just flew back to Arizona and boy!....on second thought, let's not go there!

Had a great time, and I will pontificate at greater length when the rest of me catches up with my body and I am back in my own time zone and in pontificating condition. Prolly tomorrow. But what fun!

ClaudelSleptHere
05-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Didn't meet many folks personally but had a great time. I knew it was going to be a good day when I heard Dr. Crawdad on Murph's show during the drive up.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-24-2006, 01:01 AM

Ironically it was Chips' idea for the final round of shots. :o:

For most people, these words of wisdom ring true:

"Beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before beer, in the clear"

:gulp: :gulp:
Beer followed by Liquor = :Rocker:

Liquor followed by Beer = :puking:

Signed,

http://www.nwdrizzle.com/drizzle/0407/images/neil/jameson3x.jpg

J Jonah Jameson

IlliniSox4Life
05-24-2006, 01:37 AM

Fixed it for you. Otherwise, it was the exact same thing. :D:

MarySwiss
05-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah, my grandma and I had to sit next to him. Now she doesn't want to go to this event again.:angry: He kept on ranting about Frank too, which pissed me off. Meixner tried to knock some sense into him but to no avail.

We had to leave right after Mackowiak hit the home run because she wanted to catch the 10:30 metra, rather than sit at Union Station till 12:30. However on Wednesday, we're driving to Cumberland, and taking the blue line and transferring so we can stay till the last out.:bandance:

We were able to see the Mackowiak's hit, and Ozuna's game winning bunt single when we arrived at the bar at Union Station, however.:bandance:

It was great to meet other members: ChiSoxGirl, Taliesinrk, itsnotrequired, Chips, The Dude, MrRoboto83, Robiwho, Chisoxfanatic, TornLabrum, PHG, Cheeses, MarySwiss, Palehose13, Chisoxmike, etc.

Hope to see you guys again in the future!:gulp:

Nice to see you again, Koch, and to finally meet grandma after all these years! And you're right; that guy was a jerk.

(by Chisoxfanatic] Quotable: "Where is MarySwiss? I want some bootay!" ~ Chips after the game
(from MarySwiss to Chips) "Dream on, guy!" :tongue:

SOXPHILE
05-24-2006, 09:47 AM
The Dudley Doright awards go to ChiSoxMike who drove you two home and SoxInTheCityTee for rescuing the belongings of a fellow WSIer. They join ChiSoxGirl in the newly created Good Samaritan wing of the WSI Hall of Fame.

http://www.petcaretips.net/dudley_doright_horse.jpg

Absolutely. And I, in turn, win the "Ralph Wiggum Award" for being the one that forgot his stuff at the park that SoxInTheCityTee had to rescue. Thanks again, and it was nice meeting all of you !

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/m/A/ralphnose_small.jpg (http://animatedtv.about.com/library/gallerysimpsons/blphoto_other_ralph2.htm)
"Me, forget my jacket & phone at the park ?! THAT'S UMPOSSIBLE !"

MarySwiss
05-24-2006, 11:15 AM

Anyone got some aspirin?

As Daver would say, I had myself a night.

I should have joined you guys at Puffers. Instead, I decided to try to catch the 10:55 Metra to Tinley rather than wait for the 12:30. Bad call. When I got off the El at Jackson, it was about 10:47, so all the drunks and cabdrivers that were around were treated to the sight of a middle-aged woman sprinting frantically down Van Buren from State to the LaSalle Street station, only to arrive just in time to watch the train's tail lights recede in the distance. However, I had spotted a Dunkin Donuts, so I figured I'd go over there and grab some coffee to clear my head. OF COURSE, that's the only Dunkin Donuts in the world that's not open all night. I decided that wandering around Van Buren and LaSalle looking for a coffee shop probably wasn't the best idea in the world--I actually do use my head now and then!--so I went back to the LaSalle Street station and waited for the train. When I finally rolled into my aunt's place in Tinley, I was really glad I was taking a later flight on Tuesday (good decision #2).

Anyway, I wouldn't have missed that Ozuna squeeze for anything. And what a great COTC party it was! I enjoyed meeting so many of you that I'm not even going to try to name names because I know I'd forget some people. :D:

Chips
05-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Ironically it was Chips' idea for the final round of shots. :o:

For most people, these words of wisdom ring true:

Beer followed by Liquor = :Rocker:

Liquor followed by Beer = :puking:

Signed,

http://www.nwdrizzle.com/drizzle/0407/images/neil/jameson3x.jpg

J Jonah Jameson

I heard someone say Jameson and I felt like some Jameson.

ChiSoxGirl
05-25-2006, 10:40 AM
My pictures have been approved and are now visible in the WSI Members gallery. Some of them are priceless! :smile:

Chips
05-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Quote:
(by Chisoxfanatic] Quotable: "Where is MarySwiss? I want some bootay!" ~ Chips after the game
Quote:
(from MarySwiss to Chips) "Dream on, guy!" :tongue:
I wasn't asking for your booty.:rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
05-25-2006, 10:45 AM
My pictures have been approved and are now visible in the WSI Members gallery. Some of them are priceless! :smile:

POST IT!!!

How come I look absolutely insane in all those photos?

robiwho
05-25-2006, 10:55 AM
POST IT!!!

Seems like your usual look to me. :tongue:

ChiSoxGirl
05-25-2006, 10:56 AM
POST IT!!!

Because you were absolutely insane in all those pictures! :tongue:

skottyj242
05-25-2006, 11:18 AM

Great pictures again. How do you do it?

ChiSoxGirl
05-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Great pictures again. How do you do it?

Thanks. Two years of photo classes in high school helped... and I just have a knack for taking pictures- it's one of my hobbies. :smile:

skottyj242
05-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks. Two years of photo classes in high school helped... and I just have a knack for taking pictures- it's one of my hobbies. :smile:

That, and the fact that I'm good looking.

itsnotrequired
05-25-2006, 11:23 AM
That, and the fact that I'm good looking.

You and me both. True Men of Distinction.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/6/Patio_Party_Group-_1.jpg

robiwho
05-25-2006, 11:41 AM
You and me both. True Men of Distinction.

Poor Heather looks like she wants to run away...or maybe get her own drink.

Iwritecode
05-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Poor Heather looks like she wants to run away...or maybe get her own drink.

I was just thinking that she looks like the only normal one in that picture.

Did she realize there were a bunch of crazy drunk Sox fans standing behind her when the picture was taken? :D:

MarySwiss
05-25-2006, 01:08 PM
I wasn't asking for your booty.:rolleyes:
Then I don't get the joke (wouldn't be the first time!) :D:

kevin57
05-25-2006, 03:50 PM
I was looking forward to COTC, and it didn't disappoint in any respect.

Now, getting home was a bit of a chore. I left Puffer's at...what time? Anyway, I got to the Metra station downtown at about 1:45 a.m., and with my usual lack of planning discovered that there would be no train outgoing until almost 8:00 a.m. So, I spent a "cool" night on the streets of downtown Chicago (my first and hopefully last experience of being homeless).

I must have been in a good mood, though, because I wasn't bothered at all by my circumstances.

Chips
05-25-2006, 03:51 PM

Now, getting home was a bit of a chore. I left Puffer's at...what time? Anyway, I got to the Metra station downtown at about 1:45 a.m., and with my usual lack of planning discovered that there would be no train outgoing until almost 8:00 a.m. So, I spent a "cool" night on the streets of downtown Chicago (my first and hopefully last experience of being homeless).

I must have been in a good mood, though, because I wasn't bothered at all by my circumstances.

You should have joined Mike, Cindy and myself at the South Loop Club.:gulp:

kevin57
05-25-2006, 03:54 PM

I think I would rather have been a homeless guy. :wink:

chisoxmike
05-25-2006, 04:00 PM

Are you serious!!???!!!! You waited until 8am????? Wow. I would've taken a cab.

cheeses_h_rice

You guys kept drinking after Puffer's kicked you out?!?

:o:

chisoxmike

Yep. We were at the SLC until 3:30.:o:

robiwho
05-25-2006, 04:12 PM
I think I would rather have been a homeless guy. :wink:

You're a really smart man!

Chips
05-25-2006, 04:14 PM

Hell yes, we're ****ing troopers.

robiwho
05-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Yep. We were at the SLC until 3:30.:o:

:o: is right. Not that it was the first bad idea of the evening.

I think that makes us the core of the core of the core...which is much nicer than other things we could be called! :D:

robiwho
05-25-2006, 04:16 PM

And you can't beat the company.

itsnotrequired
05-25-2006, 04:17 PM

I think that makes us the core of the core of the core...which is much nicer than other things we could be called! :D:

Too bad I had a lousy baby to go home to and a lousy job the next day. Perhaps I need to make some better arrangements for the next CotC.:cool:

MarySwiss
05-25-2006, 04:18 PM

Yikes, Cyndy! I always have considered myself a world-class drinker/party animal, but I bow in homage to my masters! :D:

robiwho
05-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Yikes, Cyndy! I always have considered myself a world-class drinker/party animal, but I bow in homage to my masters! :D:

I can't take any credit, chisoxmike and chips were the wind beneath my wings.

6:00 came way to early. Good thing I was able to "work from home" on Tuesday.

tebman
05-25-2006, 04:24 PM

http://www.geo.arizona.edu/Antevs/nats104/treexsect.jpg

You're all so pithy! :tongue:

SouthSide_HitMen
05-25-2006, 04:36 PM

Hardcore core of the core (or just plain hardcore).

Methinks the Dewey decimal system stumped you later that morning. :tongue:

MarySwiss
05-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Just went and picked up the few pictures I took. Let's just say that, as a photographer, I am one hell of a writer. So I will not be posting any of them. DumpJerry and Cheeses--in particular--owe me bigtime!

Note to DumpJerry: the picture of that No Parking sign on Taylor Street came out just fine, thankyouverymuch! :cool:

Edit: HitMen, I just noticed your signature. Very nice! Maybe we should do some kind of "Billy Joel sings about the Cubs" thread. Or perhaps "Write your own lyrics about the Cubs" thread. (More general)

logansquaresox
05-25-2006, 05:21 PM
How the hell did you get to work the next day? I called off and I'm blaming it on that last shot of whiskey--'twas the proverbial straw.

:whiner:=me on Tuesday.

Chips
05-25-2006, 05:23 PM
How the hell did you get to work the next day? I called off and I'm blaming it on that last shot of whiskey--'twas the proverbial straw.

:whiner:=me on Tuesday.

Like I said I'm a trooper. I dragged ass for a little bit.

robiwho
05-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Hardcore core of the core (or just plain hardcore).

Methinks the Dewey decimal system stumped you later that morning. :tongue:

Hardcore of the Core -- I like that. Although, Pith is good too, Tebman! :D:

Dewey I could handle even after the shot -- now LC, that's a different matter.

Brian26
05-25-2006, 09:01 PM

Honestly, what did you do? Did you sleep at the train station? You didn't just roam around downtown at that hour, did you?

kevin57
05-26-2006, 07:42 AM
As crazy as it sounds, I basically did sort of roam around until the sun came up. I considered a cab, but I estimated the fare would have been well over $100 (to Tinley/Orland area). I did learn that Dunkin' Donuts opens at about 4 o'clock. I never thought their coffee and those doughnuts would taste so good.