PDA

View Full Version : Had to leave in the 5th blog...:(

mike squires
05-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Arrived in Chicago about 2 pm this afternoon. Took advantage of the beautiful cool weather and headed over to Lincoln Park Zoo mostly for Brooklynne's sake. I love that this zoo is free of charge. Not a lot of people around so it felt like we had the zoo to ourselves. Sox gear far outnumbered the Cubs.

This was the first time in a long time I wasn't the first one lined up to watch BP. So there was no pressure to get there early. We headed over to Grandstand to check out some stuff. I have a Love/Hate relationship with the place. I love it cause I enjoy looking at all the stuff. I hate it cause it seems like that is all I get to do, look. I really wanted a Ozzie Guillen bobble head WS trophy but couldn't convince the wife. 25 bucks is a lot of money for a piece of ceramic but damn I liked it a lot. Those of you who love me, my birthday is in October. PM me and I'll give you my address.:wink: :D:

I knew right away we would have to leave early cause it was just too cold for my 2 year old. She was definately a little antsy too. Had to listen to the rest of the game on the radio. Yes, I still love her.

I hadn't been in the upper deck in awhile and really liked the paintings they had in the concourse. I was a little concerned about the man that was laying down in the middle of the enterence way to the seats under the tunnel. Hope he is OK. Cheered Franks homer in the first, was in disbelief after his second and had to leave before the Sox scored their first. I knew it was going to be an interesting night when Frank when deep, Ozzie got the heave ho and the squirrel fiasco all within the first few innings!

I'll be there again in July. I'll be staying for that one the entire game.