PDA

View Full Version : Great tape of Ozzie ripping Dempster on the Score

sullythered
05-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Ozzie calling Dempster stupid for the stuff he said on North this morning. Particularly saying Cora bit somebody, and that Ozzie's kids were involved in the fight. Ozzie is firing!

On right now.

sullythered
05-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Don't know if anybody else just heard that, but it was hilarious. I'm a little worried now that Joey Cora did, in fact, bite Jockstrap.

irish rover
05-22-2006, 06:17 PM
heard it, didn't understand a bit of it

TDog
05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Don't know if anybody else just heard that, but it was hilarious. I'm a little worried now that Joey Cora did, in fact, bite Jockstrap.

I don't have this first hand, but I understand Joey Cora has a nasty scar under his shirt from an altercation that had nothing to do with baseball and preceded his coming to the major leagues.

I am reminded of a character early in the late Mario Puzo's "Fools Die" who tells the central character something along the lines of, "You think you're tough. Show me the scar on the man that did that to you."

But I have been told that Joey Cora went through a lot just to make it to America to play baseball.

Viva Medias B's
05-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Comcast Sports Nite just played a clip of Dempster in Miami Gardens responding to Ozzie. He claimed that North misquoted him three times and that he did not say:

Ozzie's kids were on the field during the fight.
Joey Cora was biting people (he acknowledged that he said if Cora did that, it was bush league)
Joey Cora, as a coach, should not have been involved.Dempster then went on a rant against North. I wonder how Pappy will respond to this.

DickAllen72
05-23-2006, 12:11 AM
North sucks. I'm with Dempster on this. I hope Ozzie sees Dempster's Comcast interview from tonight, then goes off on North as well.

peeonwrigley
05-23-2006, 12:45 AM
North sucks. I'm with Dempster on this. I hope Ozzie sees Dempster's Comcast interview from tonight, then goes off on North as well.

This is the most relevant North has been in years. He'll probably say whatever it takes to keep himself in the spotlight.

hawkjt
05-23-2006, 02:29 AM
Why are Fisher and Dan whathisname on the road with the cubs in miami?

I thought it was weird that they choose to travel with the cubs at this point when they are playing bad. maybe he is filling in for santo on the radio.

Wish the sox has someone on the road with them for the postgame comments and interviews.

hawkjt
05-23-2006, 02:31 AM
Why are Fisher and danwhathisname on the road with the cubs in miami?

The cubs are not worthy. maybe he is filling in for santo on the radio or something.

Wish the sox had someone covering them on the road for postgame comments and interviews.

patbooyah
05-23-2006, 03:34 AM
Why are Fisher and Dan whathisname on the road with the cubs in miami?

I thought it was weird that they choose to travel with the cubs at this point when they are playing bad. maybe he is filling in for santo on the radio.

Wish the sox has someone on the road with them for the postgame comments and interviews.

Probably just to get reaction whenever Barrett gets his "sentence."

Mr. White Sox
05-23-2006, 04:02 AM
Hey, Ryan Dempster might actually be a cool guy. Quote:

"So therefore, good wonderful, beautiful guy, Mike North, on the morning show, misquoted me three times. So good for Mike. That's awesome. He really knows what he's talking about, man. He was right on the money, that guy. It's awesome. It's amazing.

"And they wonder why people don't do interviews."

Does that quote really need teal?

jenn2080
05-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Ozzies comments were hysterical. The only thing my kid my do is eat them...my other weighs 20 lbs. Dempter is a stupid kid. Outstanding!

Viva Medias B's
05-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Apparently, the whole mixup has to do with what happened in between Dempster's Score appearance and how it got to Ozzie. First of all, Dempster definitely said this on the radio when North brought up the Cora canine rumors:

"I thought that was one of the most bush things I've ever seen. You're on the other side of the white lines now because you can't play anymore, so don't come swinging ... just break the fight up. Don't act like you're a player anymore because you're not. If you're going to do that, you're going to end up getting yourself hurt one day.''

"I thought that was one of the most bush things I've ever seen." So, here, Dempster is saying he essentially saw Cora bite someone. He also implied with his "other side of the white lines" comment that Cora should not have been on the field. On this one, Dempster misquoted himself on the radio when making his postgame comments. Furthermore, North did not say anything to anyone (on the air) about Dempster saying Ozzie's sons were on the field.

So how did this get to Ozzie as it did? First of all, the Dempster comments about Cora were blown up because of how George Ofman embellished them in subsequent updates. So that's what generated their fueling by the time they got to Ozzie. As for how the controversy over his sons got to Ozzie, I bet it was some beat reporter who got confused or tried to fan the controversy's flames.

rocky biddle
05-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Here's what I don't understand, guys like Barrett, Zambrano and now Dempster open their big mouths and say things they regret. So then they go ahead and say they were misquoted and sort of apologize. And the media give them a free pass. But when AJ does nothing wrong, these same "journalists" assume he did something because of his "reputation." Now Baker has come out saying "there's more to the fight than you see on the tape." What BS. This is nothing but spin trying to get the commissioner's office to believe the Sox were equally to blame for the fight and to somehow lessen the suspension of Barrett.

PatK
05-23-2006, 10:25 AM
rocky biddle hit the nail on the head.

North replayed that bit of the interview today, and Dempster clearly said Cora bit someone. Mike didn't say "Did you hear that he MAY have?" or mislead Dempster in any way.

I don't know why North is backtracking and acting like he may have had a misleading question or that Ryan was misquoted.

Dempster is also contradicting himself by saying that he HEARD Cora was involved and that he MAY have bitten someone, when he is also saying that Baines had to pull him out of it because he was involved.

What's sad about this is AJ hasn't said anything or done anything wrong or outside of the rules, but he's the one getting bashed.

Steelrod
05-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Ozzie's sons are batboys and therefore uniformed personal. They can be on the field but shouldn't be involved in extra cariculars. If they were, some large athlete would have had no problem disposing of them, so I doubt they were involved. Not to mention that Ozzie would have some major payback to deal if they were touched!

miker
05-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Ozzie's sons are batboys and therefore uniformed personal. They can be on the field but shouldn't be involved in extra cariculars. If they were, some large athlete would have had no problem disposing of them, so I doubt they were involved. Not to mention that Ozzie would have some major payback to deal if they were touched!
Maybe Dusty will sic his precious little offspring on them...

cbone
05-23-2006, 11:47 AM
The whole Cora biting issue came from a story Hawk was telling in response to an e-mail. He told a few stories, among them Joey Cora biting the ankle of an opposing player. "He came up with a mouthfull of sock." was the phrase I believe he used. I don't remember what he said about when this happened.

Palehose13
05-23-2006, 11:47 AM
So do we have a link to audio or is the title deceiving?

sullythered
05-23-2006, 01:32 PM
So do we have a link to audio or is the title deceiving?
My apologies if my title was deceiving. No intent to be, I was just listening to the Score as they were initially playing the tape. I'll word my title's with closer scrutiny in the future.

Sad
05-23-2006, 01:43 PM
The whole Cora biting issue came from a story Hawk was telling in response to an e-mail. He told a few stories, among them Joey Cora biting the ankle of an opposing player. "He came up with a mouthfull of sock." was the phrase I believe he used. I don't remember what he said about when this happened.

yeah I heard that on Sunday I think it was
it was DJ telling the story about when they were teammates...

Hawks story IIRC was about trying to break up a fight between 2 large Detroit players and:

"Hawk, You're gonna sit this one out"

Palehose13
05-23-2006, 03:08 PM
My apologies if my title was deceiving. No intent to be, I was just listening to the Score as they were initially playing the tape. I'll word my title's with closer scrutiny in the future.

No biggie. I was just looking forward to a good Ozzie recording. :cool:

rocky biddle
05-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Here's a link to Ozzie's comments from the Score (http://www.670thescore.com/includes/news_items/news_items_more.php?section_id=1&id=951). Oddly enough, the Ryan Dempster interview was up there this morning but now it's gone...

Edward
05-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Maybe Dusty will sic his precious little offspring on them...

Instant memories :rolleyes:
"C'mon kid, we'll beat em on the field. Be the bigger man!"

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2563/baker5lv.jpg

BarbG
05-23-2006, 04:30 PM
What's sad about this is AJ hasn't said anything or done anything wrong or outside of the rules, but he's the one getting bashed.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Am I misreading or misunderstanding something from the article:

Why did Dempster believe it was North who relayed the quotes to Guillen?"I don't know, he probably interviewed A.J. [Pierzynski]," Dempster said.

Dempster is now blaming A.J. for HIS comments? So A.J. told North that Dempster said something and North told Ozzie...huh?

These guys are all a bunch of immature crybaby gossips who can't control their jealousy of one of the sharpest, heads-up players in the league.

The Blame A.J. Game is getting seriously old and I hope it all blows up in their faces as they deserve.

miker
05-24-2006, 06:51 PM
As for Dempster, Tuesday night's results seem to indicate that maybe he should concentrate on his pitching! :D:

ode to veeck
05-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Here's what I don't understand, guys like Barrett, Zambrano and now Dempster open their big mouths and say things they regret. So then they go ahead and say they were misquoted and sort of apologize. And the media give them a free pass. But when AJ does nothing wrong, these same "journalists" assume he did something because of his "reputation." Now Baker has come out saying "there's more to the fight than you see on the tape." What BS. This is nothing but spin trying to get the commissioner's office to believe the Sox were equally to blame for the fight and to somehow lessen the suspension of Barrett.

Exactly Rocky! I watched the Tivo a dozen times, and AJ's actions are as clean as they get and yet he's the villian here!?!?

Craig Grebeck
05-25-2006, 10:41 AM
hahah, if i recall correctly, the day after the game, weren't dj and hawk going on about a story from cora's playing days where he got in the bottom of a pile and bit daryl strawberry on the ankle until he let someone go?