PDA

View Full Version : AJ on PTI for 5 good minutes

gbergman
05-22-2006, 12:15 AM
i no longer have cable and im sure someone here watches it besides me. If you do watch it can someone post a recap here cause im sure they will discuss the fight saturday. Oh and if you watch PTI post to please

thanks
gregory s. bergman

JUribe1989
05-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Tim Cowlishaw, Bob Ryan, and Woody Paige = Cheap shot by Barrett, good clean play by AJ.

Jay Mariotti = Rips AJ for mocking Z's religious beliefs? Well, I don't know what the **** that means, but I sure do thank god after I hit 3 guys in the side and give up 2 hr's to Konerko.

Mariotti will have his mind changed tomorrow.

Clembasbal
05-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Windsock says they should cheer Frank Thomas tonight, but throw at his head...moron.

AJ will join PIT for "Five good Minutes"

Lead off sotry..."Barbaro"

ShoelessJoeS
05-22-2006, 05:31 PM
AJ to be on "5 good minutes"

cbotnyse
05-22-2006, 05:32 PM
check it out, be back to post afterward........

Clembasbal
05-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Wilbon - Barrett should be suspended for 20-25 games, clean play. Barrett must have no punch. Cubs are a franchise in a losing position, and "I will not shift my aligence, but it is what it is and Barrett should get 20."

Corny - Thought 10 games when first saw it, now thinkgs 25. He was surprised AJ did not go down after a clean shot.

Mots09
05-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Was on Rome earlier. Nothing he hasn't said to the Chicago media. Yet he did say his style of playing 'is what it is' and he isn't going to change it.:gulp:

cbotnyse
05-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Was on Rome earlier. Nothing he hasn't said to the Chicago media. Yet he did say his style of playing 'is what it is' and he isn't going to change it.:gulp:

you watch Rome?? :puking: :kukoo: :nuts: i hate that show

Tekijawa
05-22-2006, 05:47 PM
He was surprised AJ did not go down after a clean shot.

He must have that unique genetic condition known only as Homer Simpson Syndrom I've heard about!

BoKnowsBest
05-22-2006, 05:48 PM
gotta love aj calling our mariotti on national television

Clembasbal
05-22-2006, 05:48 PM
AJ calls out The Moron, oh that was great.

goon
05-22-2006, 05:49 PM
mariotti, smoked.

darklord23
05-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Hawk was making fun of Mariotti yesterday, saying he doesnt know a thing about baseball.

Mots09
Rome on the radio not on TV, I am at work during his TV Show.

rocky biddle
Barrett got ripped on both shows.

AJ on 5 Good Minutes
-Unfortunate situation. I'm getting tired of people blaming me.
-Finger to the sky gesture, it was a situation at home, told someone if he hit a home run he would do it for him, now regrets it because it's being overblown by media
-Thanked teamates past and present for sticking up for him
-AJ and Barrett's talk yesterday, media wants to blow it up but it was nothing, something personal
-Ripped into "Tony's man" Marriotti- "Jay, if you want to write an article about me here's an open invitation to come into the clubhouse and come speak to me face to face. As far as I know he's never even been in our clubhouse."

Clembasbal
05-22-2006, 05:51 PM
He must have that unique genetic condition known only as Homer Simpson Syndrom I've heard about!

That was a good watch, a good "five minutes" if I don't say so from AJ on PTI. Calling out Moronitti was the best, and saying he is "Your guy" to ESPN, which both Wilbon and Korny laughed at and said, "He is not my guy," and "I would love to see him do that." in reference to coming in the Sox clubhouse and talking to AJ and then writing a story about what will happen after they meet.

irish rover
please paraphrase, was it similar to the call out on Northy this Morn

cbotnyse
Aj called out Moronoiti...that was great.......

Aj said he is getting tired of him getting blamed for the fight and his reputation is being dragged through the mud......

I dont know how Moronoti and other journalist can blame AJ and keep bad mouthing him...

and he better not get suspended...that would be a travesty..

cbotnyse
05-22-2006, 05:54 PM
He also mentioned how all the bad press he is getting is not going over well at home and is causing his wife some stress....I gotta feel for the guy because he did nothing wrong in that fight....

here's to my love for AJ :gulp:

white sox bill
05-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Any way to get the transcript?

daveeym
05-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Barrett got ripped on both shows.

AJ on 5 Good Minutes
-Unfortunate situation. I'm getting tired of people blaming me.
-Finger to the sky gesture, it was a situation at home, told someone if he hit a home run he would do it for him, now regrets it because it's being overblown by media
-Thanked teamates past and present for sticking up for him
-AJ and Barrett's talk yesterday, media wants to blow it up but it was nothing, something personal
-Ripped into "Tony's man" Marriotti- "Jay, if you want to write an article about me here's an open invitation to come into the clubhouse and come speak to me face to face. As far as I know he's never even been in our clubhouse."Oh fun, now Marriotti gets a new topic to go off on. He's either banned from the clubhouse or has the impression that he's been threatened in the past about showing up in the clubhouse.

JB98
05-22-2006, 06:08 PM
As a member of the media myself, here's what kills me about Mariotti: He writes this **** about people, but he never steps foot in the White Sox locker room to face the people he's writing about. That's chicken ****. AJ is certainly justified in giving Mariotti hell.

Jjav829
05-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Any way to get the transcript?
PTI is replayed on ESPNEWS at 5:30. I'll watch and post what I can.

rocky biddle
05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
There's a thread on this in What's the Score with some more details. It's called "5/22 PTI and Around the Horn" or something like that.

Jjav829
05-22-2006, 06:48 PM
There's a thread on this in What's the Score with some more details. It's called "5/22 PTI and Around the Horn" or something like that.

Yes, I missed that before my message. Good summary. I have nothing more to add.

SouthsideFathead
05-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Can anyone provide a link to Mariotti's article that AJ was talking about? Or at least cut and paste if you don't want to run up the number of hits on a stupid article.

southside rocks
05-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Here's a link, it was in the Sunday Sun-Times.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay21.html

irish rover
05-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Hmmm, interesting

Jay talks about how bad a guy AJ is then says on ATH the fans should cheer Frank but Garland then should throw at his head

niiiice

*mod edit: I don't want him on my side. You guys keep him. He definitely doesn't meet the intelligence and attractiveness requirements to be homosexual.

TomParrish79
05-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Charles Barkley said it best...People like Mariotti, Woody Paige and Skip Bayless dont actually believe the things that they say on tv, they are just saying them for the purpose of being different from everyone else. And in Mariotti's case he is just saying whatever will get him some attention on ESPN in hopes of getting his own tv show.

They are all half-wit sports writers who try to be comics or tough guys on television...its really sad.

chaerulez
05-23-2006, 02:40 AM
Charles Barkley said it best...People like Mariotti, Woody Paige and Skip Bayless dont actually believe the things that they say on tv, they are just saying them for the purpose of being different from everyone else. And in Mariotti's case he is just saying whatever will get him some attention on ESPN in hopes of getting his own tv show.

They are all half-wit sports writers who try to be comics or tough guys on television...its really sad.

Did Sir Charles actually specifically call out Mariotti, Paige, and Bayless? Or was it a generalized statement? If he actually called them out, I give props to him.

thegooch
05-23-2006, 10:36 AM
you can get PTI podcasts at itunes.

skottyj242
05-23-2006, 10:47 AM
If your're and Insider on espn.com you can watch it on Personal PTI.

redsand22
05-23-2006, 12:48 PM

What a joke... Mariotti doesn't have a clue.

kwolf68
05-23-2006, 01:00 PM
How in the hell does a first class city like Chicago put up with such shoddy crap like this?

stl_sox_fan
05-23-2006, 01:11 PM

From the Moron's article.
"OK, A.J., I'll tell you. You're an instigator, an agitator, a troublemaker, a wise guy."

I love this kind of speak....You always do this...or you always do that. Blanket statements. Can we get an example or two of what he did in his past to be labeled this? Did he ever intentionally call for a pitcher to hit someone in the head, did he ever cleat someone as they slid into homeplate? AJ loves the game and he demands that from his teammates, because of this he's labelled a "clubhouse cancer". This just gets to me. :angry: